Fuelless cars?

Handyman

It's still a very long way off, and it's a big deal for scientists to accept. 99% of them will say, that's impossible and close their minds to it. Engineers will say, bugger that, there's something happening here; let me at it to improve it. But it's always scientists who hold sway. Nevertheless, I'm sure engineers like IKB broke the rules of his time, and proved that things beyond the then current comprehension were possible. But the laws of thermodynamics are about as fundamental as it gets, and breaking them is complete heresy.

But it could be that scientists are missing vital clues and that the magnetic motor is working completely within the thermodynamic laws. As yet, nobody knows. It's could be the same kind of mistake that scientists were making when they thought the Sun orbited the Earth. The thing is, if the Sun had been orbiting the Earth, it would have looked pretty much the same as it does to us.

Sorry to break it to you but I saw this a couple of years ago under a different name and it turned out to be a sham back then. Steorn are a marketing company, ask yourself why would they be handling a project like this?

Plus it breaks the most fundamental laws of physics that have stood the test of time for centuries...

Sorry to break it to you but I saw this a couple of years ago under a different name and it turned out to be a sham back then. Steorn are a marketing company, ask yourself why would they be handling a project like this?

Plus it breaks the most fundamental laws of physics that have stood the test of time for centuries...

2 separate points here. Firstly, I think any sensible person knew this was a hoax, merely because of their approach to the discovery.

But the second point, the second law of thermodynamics, has been broken too many times already, it will only be a matter of time before a repeatable and commercial product will be developed.

Please, don't apologise. We've been at this subject before. Err... [see above in bold] that's why there's such a hoo-ha about the whole thing. Actually, Steorn are not a marketing company. They are a technology development company, and have a history of making improvements in efficiency of technologies, motors etc... So when it all came out a couple of years ago, you forgot to read a few important points.

In a nutshell, Steorn say they have a technology that bucks the laws of thermodynamics. Science says they don't. My bet is that if there is anything, it is that the technology is making use of properties that, so far, have been unadequately understood and developed. But are perfectly in keeping with the thermodynamic laws.

As one eminent British scientist said to an American inventor when he tried to demonstrate a wireless connectivity [actually crude wireless waves] to the scientist... There is nothing new here. It is merely induction, Sir. Induction.

Well he'd only missed spotting radio and all that is associated with it, by a mile. Several years later, Marconi did us all a favour.

What I'm saying is, things are yet to be discovered. In fact, many, many things are yet to be discovered.

BTW, any sensible person knows when to put their head above the fence and when not to. ;)

Edited by St Landrew

Steorn is an "intellectual property" (IP) company. They invent new processes to combat such things as credit card fraud. Whilst researching new ways of powering remote video camera's they stumbled on what they saw then as an anomaly in their measuring instruments. Their "Orbo" technology, as they said. "Fell out of that"

With regard to radio, Nikola Tesla discovered/invented the technology. Marconi got the credit, until the 1940's when the powers that be aknowledged that Tesla was the first. Tesla died soon after.

Incidentally, it was Tesla that made our modern lifestyle possible by inventing the three phase generating system that powers all of our lights, tv, computers, and the like.

• 3 years later...