Millbrook Road

70's Mike

If they've finished making a complete mess of Millbrook Roundabout then yes, the speed limit will be back up to 50.

And of course if you go through it within 50 and it flashes you, there's not a cat in hell's chance they'll actually be able to prosecute you for it.

I've been using this roundabout twice a day for the last 20 years and can count the number of accidents I've seen on the fingers of one hand.

Now, you only need 2 container trucks following each other and they take up the entire distance between the sets of lights causing the traffic to back up on the roundabout and the resultant congestion. It's a similar situation to the Charlotte Place roundabout which used to work perfectly well until they installed the traffic lights.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I've been using this roundabout twice a day for the last 20 years and can count the number of accidents I've seen on the fingers of one hand.

Now, you only need 2 container trucks following each other and they take up the entire distance between the sets of lights causing the traffic to back up on the roundabout and the resultant congestion. It's a similar situation to the Charlotte Place roundabout which used to work perfectly well until they installed the traffic lights.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It was done for the pedstrians and cyclists, so blame them n0bs.

It was done for the pedstrians and cyclists, so blame them n0bs.

There I was thinking roundabouts were for cars and to aid traffic flow...

Anyway, there are hardly ever any pedestrians on that roundabout. The only time there are any is if they want to walk from KFC/McDonalds to Megabowl/whatever it's called now, and there's been a pedestrian crossing further up Tebourba Way for that purpose for years.

There I was thinking roundabouts were for cars and to aid traffic flow...

Anyway, there are hardly ever any pedestrians on that roundabout. The only time there are any is if they want to walk from KFC/McDonalds to Megabowl/whatever it's called now, and there's been a pedestrian crossing further up Tebourba Way for that purpose for years.

Thats what they were for!! Now pedestrian, cyclist and the greener things are more important, motorists this is but the beginging!

Thats what they were for!! Now pedestrian, cyclist and the greener things are more important, motorists this is but the beginging!

Excellent.

So instead of using technology to improve the environment, we're going to be forced into walking or cycling everywhere because the roads are in too poor a condition to drive a car anywhere because all of the council's money has been blown seemingly on a competition to fit as many traffic lights as possible onto one 5-exit roundabout. Millbrook Roundabout did need work on it, but the only work that was needed was resurfacing due to all the holes created by lorries.

Excellent.

So instead of using technology to improve the environment, we're going to be forced into walking or cycling everywhere because the roads are in too poor a condition to drive a car anywhere because all of the council's money has been blown seemingly on a competition to fit as many traffic lights as possible onto one 5-exit roundabout. Millbrook Roundabout did need work on it, but the only work that was needed was resurfacing due to all the holes created by lorries.

Yep i agree, it need resurfacing not lights bunged on it. Stupid really.

Lucky i dont work in Southampton and no longer try and go there as the roads bugger my car, the state of the roads is quite shocking and i never realised they were that bad until i drove thru it the other day.

Until the goverment starts spending road tax and petrol tax on the roads nothing will happen.

Ironic, given that that's what they're supposedly in place to fund...

Indeed, something like 5% from road tax goes to the goverment and i think its something like 5-10% from SCC tax goes to Environment Dept and that i split between, Parks, Highways and Street Cleaning (not rubbish collection but those people that empty the bins in the highstreet etc)

i believe you can ask for a breakdown and then you can be amazed how much of your tax is wasted on Schools and Social Services.

See it is going back to 30mph west bound , i think, for road wprks on both flyovers.

Even during the Boat Show , is there any joined up thinking in the council or do we actually want this city to fall behind skatesmouth in terms of access