Hants v Durham

Hatch

why is this being played at basingstoke?

why has mr bransgrove shelled out millions of quids worth of pounds to build the best ground in the land only to have a game played away from the rosebowl..? does the 'bowl get a cut? is it cos there's work going on?

talk to me steve...

why is this being played at basingstoke?

why has mr bransgrove shelled out millions of quids worth of pounds to build the best ground in the land only to have a game played away from the rosebowl..? does the 'bowl get a cut? is it cos there's work going on?

talk to me steve...

Hampshire agreed to play one county championship game away from the Rose Bowl every year starting from this year so that the grounds we used to use occasionally can still host county cricket every now and then.

Therefore I assume there'll be a game at Portsmouth and Bournemouth in the next couple of years as well.

Hampshire agreed to play one county championship game away from the Rose Bowl every year starting from this year so that the grounds we used to use occasionally can still host county cricket every now and then.

Therefore I assume there'll be a game at Portsmouth and Bournemouth in the next couple of years as well.

That's fair enough really when you consider we used to play at all three places each season for one three-day game.

Is that right? I thought it was a one-off due to the REM concert.

Knowing our luck we'll probably win this game and then get a points deduction due to the pitch.

Elsewhere, Lancashire v Surrey has already been abandoned for the day without a ball bowled, and more rain forecast for tomorrow, which I guess means Friday and Saturday will be a frantic bonus-point chase with no chance of victory for either side. Which is fine :D

Yorkshire seem to have the upper hand against Kent which I guess is both good and bad for us: good because it drags Kent into the mix, but bad because Yorkshire are only 5 points behind us with a game in hand.

A Nottinghamshire win at Sussex would be nice, but Sussex are currently 199/4, so looking likely to post a big total and probably bat until tomorrow lunch.

Dunno about that, Durham got away without any deductions when 15 wickets fell on day 1 and 17 on day 2 a few weeks back...

Yes, but only because the inspectors deemed that the pitch wasn't at fault.

If they deem that the pitch is at fault and is not up to standard then as far as I am aware the minimum deduction is 8 points if the pitch is deemed "poor" and can be higher if deemed worse than poor. I can't remember the rest of the categories and deductions but I'm sure 8 is the minimum.

The last hour, could be the defining part of our season, and has maybe gone a long

way to sealing our relegation. Totally infuriating, especially as we have been playing well for the last few weeks.[ I sincerely wish we had signed Mark Davies when Andrew came

to Saints, and posted this at the time].

I left at 65/3 and assumed that was it for the day. Can't believe that close of play score!

Don't think there's any problem with the wicket to be honest.

I am going tomorrow with a friend, and after seeing the score was

seriously thinking about changing my mind. I am absolutely fuming. I played

village cricket for years, and thought these collapses only happened there.

[ Could you please advise me on parking- I am disabled and have a blue badge]. Dimi is going to have to play the innings of his life. We surely cannot

expect Liam Dawson to get us out of the mire again.

Regards corsacar saint

Spoke to Tony Pigot the pitch insecion liaison officer before the game but he is unable to comment on the pitch even to the umpires. He stayed most of the day and for part I had the same view as his. The ball was seaming quite a bit but with a true bounce.

Spoke to the Durham coach at lunch. He agreed seaming but the wicket was also slow.

Spoke to Umpire Rob Bailey in the middle when finally off for bad light and he did not think the wicket was too bad.

Would be suprised if any point deduction.

Found the regulations re pitches on Cricinfo. It's a 22 point deduction for an "unfit" pitch and either 8 or 12 for a "poor" pitch depending on whether or not you have been warned in the previous 12 months.

Hopefully the pitch inspector will take into account the ineptitude of our batting line-up!

They're over 150 ahead now which I think puts the game out of reach already but stranger things have happened.

Keeping tabs on the other games... as I mentioned yesterday the forecast for Manchester was more rain today (who'd have thought it :D) and that's how it's proved with play already abandoned for the day, so neither side has any points at all yet.

Kent were bowled out for 227 by Yorkshire, who are 223/3 in reply.

Sussex managed 339, while Nottinghamshire are 37/0 in reply.

All of which leaves the table as follows:

1. Somerset 12 146

2. Nottinghamshire 12.5 140

3. Durham 11.5 139

4. Kent 12.5 135

5. Sussex 12.5 128

6. Lancashire 12.5 126

7. Hampshire 13.5 124

8. Yorkshire 12.5 120

9. Surrey 12.5 106

Keeping tabs on the other games... as I mentioned yesterday the forecast for Manchester was more rain today (who'd have thought it :D) and that's how it's proved with play already abandoned for the day, so neither side has any points at all yet.

Absolutely no rain in Manchester today although it probably doesn't matter as Lancs are playing at Blackpool where it does seem to be raining ;)

Went up until tea time, my mate had to be back. I had a good ten minute chat with

Mark Davies - Andrews brother[ he took 8-24, and he said it was mainly down to bad

batting we only got 96 all out]. Ervine dropped a catch and Pothas missed a stumping,

which cost us 50 runs , the match and probably relegation. Then if you score 96 all out

and are 108 for 5 chasing 240 do you deserve to stay up. By the way Mark Davies as

well as being an excellent bowler, is a genuinely nice guy.

Umpires happy with the wicket. Spoke to Steve Garret at Lunch. No pitch inspector today at the ground.

He said an ideal wicket for someone like Davies. He bowled straight and the ball "wobbled" a bit.

Hampshire players say nothing wrong with the wicket. Conditions have been the reason.

Spoke to Tomlinson who has high regard for Davies and suggested his record, when to takeout his injuries, is very good.

If it is sunny tomorrow it will be interesting to see what happens. Got to favour Durham to wrap up the win though.