Football

StuRomseySaint

Let's talk about it.

What Tyro teams did you play for?

Me? I thought you'd ask...

1988-1991 - Michelmarsh & Timsbury U10's, 11's & 12's ( Players Player of the Year 1990 )

1992-1993 - Whitbread Boys U13's & 14's

1994 - Testwood United U15's

1995 - AFC Totton U16's ( well, half a season, we were thrown out of the league for having too many naughty players )

1996 - A few games for North Baddesley Sport

1997 - 2002 - A few games for 1PWRR against other regiments.

I was never allowed to play football. I was too much of a spazz. None of the other lads wanted me on their team. I did play a bit of cricket. But I was very short sighted and the teacher in charge made me remove my glasses when in bat for 'health n safety' reasons. Never mind that I could not then see the frickin ball and subsequently ended up bruised all over as the neanderthal ape-thing bowling at me pegged it down at me at super-sonic speeds..

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I was an egg chasing Trojan.

Ditto (egg-chasing, not Trojan)

Charing Cross Hospital MS

UCL

University of London

RAPC (now AGC)

I refuse to enter dates as they may incriminate me...

I played Eastleigh & District Minor League on Saturday mornings.

Chandlers Ford Rangers then Winchester Crusaders.

Same here, but i played for Olivers Battery. We were the nutz, i think. I remember us beating Bishop Waltham Dynamos 21-0 and sticking 16 passed Fryern Phantoms.

I found an old programme the other day, for the u10's to u16's 1980 cup final at Pirelli's old sports ground. Were you playing around that time Hatch?

Same here, but i played for Olivers Battery. We were the nutz, i think. I remember us beating Bishop Waltham Dynamos 21-0 and sticking 16 passed Fryern Phantoms.

I found an old programme the other day, for the u10's to u16's 1980 cup final at Pirelli's old sports ground. Were you playing around that time Hatch?

As much as it pains me to say it but yeah I was playing then. Probably CF Rangers u11s. We never got to any finals though.

I remember losing 21-0 to Boyatt Bombers on the pitch behind the firestation in Eastleigh.

I played Eastleigh & District Minor League on Saturday mornings.

Chandlers Ford Rangers then Winchester Crusaders.

I played for Holy Cross Youth, when Father Peters first set up the Eastleigh & District Minor League. Being the 'good Catholic boys' that we were we were actually everybody's whipping boys! :smt082 Can't remember the exact year but maybe about 1968/9?

Our claim to fame? Manny Andruszewski played for us.

As much as it pains me to say it but yeah I was playing then. Probably CF Rangers u11s. We never got to any finals though.

I remember losing 21-0 to Boyatt Bombers on the pitch behind the firestation in Eastleigh.

We lost that cup final to Boyatt Bombers 4-2. :mad: It still grates.

I remember playing on grantham green pitches, where you had to learn to stay on your toes to avoid landing in the dogshyte. Lovely. Did you ever play against us? We used to play up at the sloping rec in Olivers Battery before moving to Bushfield camp which we shared with Eastleigh Eagles i think?

We lost that cup final to Boyatt Bombers 4-2. :mad: It still grates.

I remember playing on grantham green pitches, where you had to learn to stay on your toes to avoid landing in the dogshyte. Lovely. Did you ever play against us? We used to play up at the sloping rec in Olivers Battery before moving to Bushfield camp which we shared with Eastleigh Eagles i think?

If we were the same age then probably. Olivers Battery were one of the better teams as i remember.

• 6 years later...