WI v England 2nd test

JustMike

Drop Bell, Sidebottom and Panesar and bring in Shah, Anderson and Rashid (who can also apparently hold a bat!).

Don't get me wrong, I like Panesar, but he doesn't seemed to have developed at all since breaking into the team. He needs a bit of mentoring to improve (wasn't there talk of Shane Warne offering to help him?).

Drop Bell, Sidebottom and Panesar and bring in Shah, Anderson and Rashid (who can also apparently hold a bat!).

Don't get me wrong, I like Panesar, but he doesn't seemed to have developed at all since breaking into the team. He needs a bit of mentoring to improve (wasn't there talk of Shane Warne offering to help him?).

yes Panesar has not progressed at all imo, too predictable and easy to pick off of.

Totally agree on those changes, Panesar is stuck in a rut and actually seems to prefer bowling on greener pitches. Rashid will need careful treatment though, Gayle and Chanderpaul could be brutal. Anderson should have been playing ahead of Sidebottom anyway, Sidebottom has lost any pace he had and Bell is looking a cert to be dropped. About time too, one of my least favourite England players over the years.

This is not the first time either - anyone remember Jamaica and the cracked pitch debacle? WI have a half-decent side emerging again but the administrators at WICB are not liked in the region and you can see why. Award the game to England and hopefully the uproar and hopefully the entire WICB will resign and do world cricket a favour. Look at the mess they made of the World Cup in 2007 - and that was with the Chinese putting big money in for the stadiums - and mugs like me had to pay well over the odds on tickets to subidise it as well when I watched England in 2004. They've also had numerous spats with Digicel, the main sponsor, which strong leadership should have avoided. Yes, the local Antigua CA has mucked up royally but WICB has oversight and the buck stops there. Imagine if someone had slipped on the outfield and done a Simon Jones at Brisbane?

WICB is a bit like SFC and it's board and major shareholders - effing hopeless and need to go now. Such a pity that such a proud cricketing nation and set of fans are let down by imbeciles.

Edited by saint1977

award the game to us imo. A test nation having a ground like that, "that they have know about for weeks" and did nothing apart from roll it, is disgusting and an embarressment to the sport

Totally agree, make it 1-1 and force the WICB to resign en masse. It's pathetic, Sri Lanka isn't rolling in money either but if they can get a game on at Galle just 3 years after a Tsunami, what excuse is there for this? Particularly with the Stanford 20/20 money recently as well.

In fact, the ICC should tell the WICB to resign or strip them of Test status but judging by the politics and pathetic inaction over Zimbabwe, there's no chance of that happening. Even so, the ICC ought to take WICB over for 12 months and bring in it's own team.

Everyone seems to be suggesting they move it to the Antigua Recreation Ground, but from what I saw of that, it's a right run-down mess.

Surely there's a very simple solution, although it would involve both the WICB and ECB bending over for Allen Stanford again...

i agree but i cant see that happening. From the looks of it they were trying to dig up the bowlers run ups and lay fresh turf but that wont work either, there was still too much sand underneath and not enough soil for the roots of the grass to take effect, if they couldnt have done a decent job in the weeks leading up to the test then there is no way they can do a "grass roots" job over night. The ARG is barely playable. The only solution i can see is back to back tests at the next venue, Barbados i believe, but that will obviously cause trouble with those fans that travelled to Antigua and the fact that accomodation in Barbados is already fully booked. Which ever way you look at it, its a **** up on a global scale and quite frankly, one that should not have happened.