The Motorcycle Jacket Airbag

St Landrew

As I was reporting from testing within the last MotoGP season, it looks like the motorbike airbag is with us. They cost double the amount as for a set of standard leathers. IMO, that's not bad at all, and the price will almost certainly come down, making motorcycling safer for all

Now if we can just get those idiot car drivers off the road, and leave us some room to motor, then it'll be 100% better. :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/technology/newsid_7886000/7886974.stm

I also saw this last year being tested and seems like a really good idea,but the main problem is going to be cost.If it's to expensive people just will not bother and as for saying if it was twice the price of a set of leathers it would be reasonable thats a joke,decent leathers are anywhere from £600-£1200 so twice that is not value for money.

The only way is to get the price down before it hits the market and make it compulsery like crash helmets,but then there is still idiots who moan about wearing them(usually bmf members).

If it's to expensive people just will not bother and as for saying if it was twice the price of a set of leathers it would be reasonable thats a joke,decent leathers are anywhere from £600-£1200 so twice that is not value for money.

Are you valuing your personal safety and possibly life at less than 3 grand?

Are you valuing your personal safety and possibly life at less than 3 grand?

No i'm not putting a price on my personal safety and never have done in all my years riding bikes.My point is that in this day and age when youngsters have to pay more than ever to do their cbt or even get a full license you still see them riding around in tshirts or no jacket/flimsey jacket with no protection or no gloves/boots.So if this product is to expensive you will not get them or a lot of other people to buy it and it will then achieve very little.