Coaching

Tac-tics

Hi guys, after some advice.

Im taking a year out of college to complete my coaching badges. I begin my 'FA Level 1' in a few weeks, then hopefully going straight to level 2 then so on.

My aim is to eventually work at proffesional level with youth team when older.

Does anyone have any advice or run a local team looking for some help?

Many thanks guys

MLT

Im taking a year out of college to complete my coaching badges. I begin my 'FA Level 1' in a few weeks, then hopefully going straight to level 2 then so on.

Many thanks guys

MLT

Mate, don't want to **** on your fire here but it's very hard to get into coaching within a professional football club if you haven't had a professional career of your own, good luck with trying anyway. It's going to cost you alot of money and time, the best hope would be is to get your level two, and look at some of the coaching in the community programmes, I know Reading F.C are always looking for coaches, that's the more realistic way to go.

Mate, don't want to **** on your fire here but it's very hard to get into coaching within a professional football club if you haven't had a professional career of your own, good luck with trying anyway. It's going to cost you alot of money and time, the best hope would be is to get your level two, and look at some of the coaching in the community programmes, I know Reading F.C are always looking for coaches, that's the more realistic way to go.

Thanks Lee, I have done some community coaching for Havant and Waterlooville and Portsmouth. Just need to gain more experiance, no matter the level. Thans for the honesty though Lee but its something Im well prepared for.

cheers guys

Thanks Lee, I have done some community coaching for Havant and Waterlooville and Portsmouth. Just need to gain more experiance, no matter the level. Thans for the honesty though Lee but its something Im well prepared for.

cheers guys

If you want to gain experience, then I might be able to help, I’ll give a mate a call and see what I can do, just need a few answers from some questions.

What’s you own personal football skill level like?

Are you available during the day term time?

Do you have your own transport?

When do you finish your level One?

You can PM them over if you want.

I'm a coach myself and have to echo what Lee_Saint has said. Without the professional career behind you it will be almost impossible to coach professionally at anything above bare minimum youth level. In the eys of many senior people you simply wouldn't have the credibility to do it, despite your qualified competence.

I certainly do wish you luck though.

Many thanks guys

MLT

Please don't sign off "MLT" unless you want some serious rumours to start... or has the Foot become a Toe..???

Good luck anyway.

José Mourinho was an amazing player.

He did play though at the academies of Beleneses and Rio Ave before going on to playing at Amatuer level. And it took a few 'old boys' connections in order to get him into working behind the scenes.

Football is very much a gentlemans club at times. If your name isn't recognised, you're not coming in.

He did play though at the academies of Beleneses and Rio Ave before going on to playing at Amatuer level. And it took a few 'old boys' connections in order to get him into working behind the scenes.

Football is very much a gentlemans club at times. If your name isn't recognised, you're not coming in.

It's the same with playing aswell, it's about who you know (or who you're the son of) rather than ability in some cases.

Going back to Marion's Left Foot, if you can 'Complete' your coaching badges in one year. You'll be doing f**king well. You'll need a spare few grand too. Especially for the highest level badges.

I believe to gain any UEFA qualifications you have to show proven previous experience in football. i.e, former professional, it’s almost impossible to gain those badges without playing at least high level semi professional standard (Ryman, Southern League)

I work and my parents have been spoken to about the costs. Need to do some more research into UEFA licenses

This is what it says to get on the UEFA 'B'

UEFA B Award

For Whom?

Current or previous full international Players OR Experienced professional players with a minimum of 5 years experience as a full professional contract player.

NB: You must be in a position to coach advanced ability players capable of undertaking developmental work as individuals, units and teams

UEFA B Award

For Whom?

Current or previous full international Players OR Experienced professional players with a minimum of 5 years experience as a full professional contract player.

NB: You must be in a position to coach advanced ability players capable of undertaking developmental work as individuals, units and teams

I'm 19, i have UEFA 'A' and 'B'. I think you'll find that is for people who havn't done levels 1 and 2. Anyone can do the first 4, then it gets difficult. The Pro licence only a select few get to do as it is selected by a comittee who does it. Also it costs £7,500 so prices most people out of it.

UEFA B Award

For Whom?

Its a joke.

How is anyone going to get into coaching/management from outside of football if there are restrictions in place like that. If that doesn't deter you then fair play to yourself for going ahead and getting into the coaching.

I hate the closed shop thing and contacts side of it.

One suggestion is to take on one of the many coaching jobs you can do in the States during the summer camp season (a bit late I know) to get experience. Get yourself attached to a decent level senior team playing in one of the Saturday leagues if you want to progress. Not many people go straight to the Prem Academies any most of the so called Saints coaches on the youth circuit are level 2 at best and only work with school kids and not the academy.

Levels 1 and 2 are easy, it starts to get more interesting once you get to level 3 as it's more about 11 aside tactics.

cheers spit fire, I am going to camp america next year, its all about experaince really, just managed to find a u'11s team on a saturday and have the chance to work with Hayling United who are in synedhams premiership(not 110% sure).

thanks for the advice, been a real help.