New Houses

Weston Super Saint

Does anyone know of any new housing developments currently being built??

Having received notice this week that our tenants are moving out at the end of March, now might be the best time to get rid of our property in Weston Super Mare, and buy something a little closer to 'home'. I really can't be arsed with putting the house up for sale and wasting time with dreamers, so figure the easiest, quickest and hassle free way would be to part exchange on a new build.

Location wise is anything within a 20 mile radius of Southampton I guess, with a budget ranging from £120k to £170k - working on the premise that the more expensive the new house the more they are likely to give for the old one :)

So, if you know of any developments - drive past them every day [especially the ones tat don't seem to be shifting :D ], can you post the details here??

Cheers in advance...

these days you wont really get dreamers looking at your house...a mate here is buying a flat and it is now stadard practice for the estate agents to run various checks on you and you have to have an agreement in principle for a mortgage (or what you can get) before you can even look at a place...

Edited by Thedelldays

Check out the developments on the Avenue, between Chilworth and Winchester Road roundabouts. There's one on the corner of Beechmount that looks quite nice and another on the corner of Holly Hill. I ain't no expert, but when the recovery kicks in, these could be the sort of thing that do really well IMHO, and they are good locations for young professional couple (again IMHO).

Check out the developments on the Avenue, between Chilworth and Winchester Road roundabouts. There's one on the corner of Beechmount that looks quite nice and another on the corner of Holly Hill. I ain't no expert, but when the recovery kicks in, these could be the sort of thing that do really well IMHO, and they are good locations for young professional couple (again IMHO).

I'll check that out, but I know it is run by Linden Homes who don't work on Monday and Tuesday :(

Does anyone know of any new housing developments currently being built??

Having received notice this week that our tenants are moving out at the end of March, now might be the best time to get rid of our property in Weston Super Mare, and buy something a little closer to 'home'. I really can't be arsed with putting the house up for sale and wasting time with dreamers, so figure the easiest, quickest and hassle free way would be to part exchange on a new build.

Location wise is anything within a 20 mile radius of Southampton I guess, with a budget ranging from £120k to £170k - working on the premise that the more expensive the new house the more they are likely to give for the old one :)

So, if you know of any developments - drive past them every day [especially the ones tat don't seem to be shifting :D ], can you post the details here??

Cheers in advance...

Probably a good idea to register on one of the property website such as Rightmove http://www.rightmove.co.uk/ and put in you priorities. A lot af developers are still working but very much at a snails pace!

Very true.

The first thing that one sales rep told us was they would be more than willing to offer us a discount :)

She seemed a little desperate to be fair.

They are, extremely so. We've got a few flats to get rid of and have cut the asking price by 20%. If you are determined enough, you can get a cracking deal.

• 2 weeks later...
these days you wont really get dreamers looking at your house...a mate here is buying a flat and it is now stadard practice for the estate agents to run various checks on you and you have to have an agreement in principle for a mortgage (or what you can get) before you can even look at a place...

You jokin right. Any old bastard that goes to an estate agent is lucky to escape in 1 n' a half hours!