Euro 2016

Batman

I see our scummy fans are causing trouble already. En-ger-lund En-ger-lund En-ger-lund

Predictably despressing. Feel for the genuine English people that want to enjoy a tournament. Unfortunately some beered up morons of low intelligence try to ruin it.

@talkSPORTDrive: Majority English, lots of locals, a few Russian. English = old thugs out of retirement & young lads looking for the buzz.

Hopefully the forceful French Police will deal with anyone causing trouble.

Imagine being a 50yr old bloke who can't go abroad to watch football without throwing tables and bottles around shouting "come on then".

Pathetic.

Edited by Saint Charlie

There's clearly going to be a few idiots there, but plenty of the trouble is being caused by local Marseille fans and Russians. This won't stop most people blaming the English though.

French police also very quick to throw some tear gas into the mix which always makes things look a lot worse than they are.

There's clearly going to be a few idiots there, but plenty of the trouble is being caused by local Marseille fans and Russians. This won't stop most people blaming the English though.

French police also very quick to throw some tear gas into the mix which always makes things look a lot worse than they are.

Totally. Expect all the posters condemning have never followed England away.

By 'followed England', do you mean supported the national team, or stood in a plaza singing England songs?

I mean travelled away supporting them and experiencing provocation and incompetent over zealous policing and so realise media reporting and what actually happens is often somewhat different.

I mean travelled away supporting them and experiencing provocation and incompetent over zealous policing and so realise media reporting and what actually happens is often somewhat different.

Fair enough. Never done that.

I agree the English fans are an easy target due to the legacy of hooliganism, but you have to say a minority of fans do the wider English support no favours.

Isn't that what separates the sensible fans from the thugs? The thugs want provoking so so they have an excuse to start trouble.

Others will just go to a different area or a different bar away from where the trouble is or wouldn't bother going to the same area as the bellends in the first place. Even more so if you travelled regularly then you would know which people to steer clear from.

Some of them probably go for a week and spent virtually all day, every day sat around by an Irish Bar drinking rather than seeing what the place they have travelled to has to offer.

I don't believe that normal, rational people go away to watch an England (some for their summer holiday), get provoked and then instantly turn into table flipping hooligans reciting their best bits from Football Factory.

The people who get involved want to be involved in the main.

@talkSPORTDrive: Final tweet tonight. In #Marseille it was aggressive, tear gas etc. Yet round corner you could sit with a beer. That's my experience tonight

If you don't want aggro, move away from the aggro.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Having to watch & listen to the ITV commentary this evening will probably induce drunken riots here too.

Tyldesley and Hoddle were bad enough last night. I switched off 10 minutes into the second half. Got fed up of Tyldesley screaming "GIROUD!!" or "PAYET!!!" every time they were near goal. Then there's his pronuciation of Pogba which would occasionally become PogBAR. He did the same with Drogba, or Drogbarrr I should say. Hoddle sounds like he's been on the p*ss to me, or maybe senility is closing in. Then there is his classic footballer's grammar - "he's one of them players", "he's came out for the ball".

Never thought I'd say it, but Andy Townsend would be more soothing on the ear.

Wonder who the BBC will have commentating. Please not Phil Neville.

Read a couple of weeks ago that some of the Russian fanbase were going for a brawl with the English.

Sky briefly touched on it this morning stating that a small amount of Russians were involved but mainly focused on the English. I don't condone the thug mentality and our reputation does proceed us but the English aren't well liked generally and I believe they do get a certain amount of provocation.

Funny how no one has mentioned the 10 Russians attacking one loan England fan, or how the French bar owner interviewed on the telly where the trouble was the first night said England fans we're blameless and came under attack from local Marseille fans. No let's all jump on the bandwagon and blame the England fans because they're all thick and embarass our country, its absolutely nothing to do with anyone else.

Isn't that what separates the sensible fans from the thugs? The thugs want provoking so so they have an excuse to start trouble.

Others will just go to a different area or a different bar away from where the trouble is or wouldn't bother going to the same area as the bellends in the first place. Even more so if you travelled regularly then you would know which people to steer clear from.

Some of them probably go for a week and spent virtually all day, every day sat around by an Irish Bar drinking rather than seeing what the place they have travelled to has to offer.

I don't believe that normal, rational people go away to watch an England (some for their summer holiday), get provoked and then instantly turn into table flipping hooligans reciting their best bits from Football Factory.

The people who get involved want to be involved in the main.

@talkSPORTDrive: Final tweet tonight. In #Marseille it was aggressive, tear gas etc. Yet round corner you could sit with a beer. That's my experience tonight

If you don't want aggro, move away from the aggro.

Not the point though. Of course they are not all angels and some are absolute scum but there are ways of managing it. If you treat people like sh it they will react more.

But they could have avoided it if they wanted to, they are a disgrace, thick and an embarrassment, utter scum.

After the first time maybe you would sense what was happening and just go somewhere else?

Perhaps if people didn't throw bottles at the Police they wouldn't need to tear gas anyone?

The English are still a massive scalp for anyone who wants a bit of trouble -the Russians, the scum of Marseille and any other chancer; but let's not pretend that many out there don't absolutely love that attention, even if they have no intention of getting involved.

The English are still a massive scalp for anyone who wants a bit of trouble -the Russians, the scum of Marseille and any other chancer; but let's not pretend that many out there don't absolutely love that attention, even if they have no intention of getting involved.

This. Plus when you mix all day drinking, sun, football and a few low intelligence tossers with a penchant for chair/bottle throwing its not going to end well.

After the first time maybe you would sense what was happening and just go somewhere else?

Perhaps if people didn't throw bottles at the Police they wouldn't need to tear gas anyone?

Stick to subjects you can give an informed opinion about, such as your favourite Papa Waigo moment you complete and utter crumpet.

is that the locals?

Its everyone really. But as Shurlock said, lots of the English fans don't exactly help themselves do they?

Funny how everyone makes excuses for it. Its a load of men behaving like animals, regardless of where they are from.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Pretty obvious to anyone what was going to happen down there which is why I told my lad I wouldn't take him and why my mates are staying further up the coast and only travelling into the city today

It's an iffy place at the best of times but add in a few 100 England lads hell bent on trouble, Russians and the locals then I'm surprised on how tame it's been so far.

How difficult is it to just walk away?

This. Usual suspects defending the actions of England fans. It's never anyone else turning up in the news, throwing chairs around and causing a scene, is it? No, it's nearly always the English.

Anyway, looking forward to the game, and the tournament in general.

Easy to walk away....if you don't want to be in the thick of it in the first place. So, do we think there'll be a controversial England starting XI this evening?

Yep, I'm going to predict that this is what Roy will play :/

Hart

Walker Smalling Cahill Rose

Dier Henderson/Milner

Lallana/Milner Rooney Alli

Kane

Rashford/Vardy will probably come on at some point too.