Matt Targett & Danny Fox

Dusic

The same player aside from fake tan and a tattoo sleeve?

Nice left foot, good cross but dreadful otherwise. Will never take anyone on and get taken to the cleaners by anyone with a little bit of pace.

Fox wasn't PL quality and neither is Targett who I can barely remember having a really good game at this level.bec7795b23a6493d331d3fbd315c2f9b.jpgf19813d2263275e6dd1233e1996db7aa.jpg

The same player aside from fake tan and a tattoo sleeve?

Nice left foot, good cross but dreadful otherwise. Will never take anyone on and get taken to the cleaners by anyone with a little bit of pace.

Fox wasn't PL quality and neither is Targett who I can barely remember having a really good game at this level.bec7795b23a6493d331d3fbd315c2f9b.jpgf19813d2263275e6dd1233e1996db7aa.jpg

I've thought that for a long time. Wing-back is incredibly demanding as it combines the duties of the old positions of left back and left winger, which used to require 2 players. In order to regularly cover the whole length of the pitch, a wing-back needs incredible pace and energy. Neither Fox or Targett ever had it but they'd both have made adequate, not great, left wingers and in an earlier era might have been OK. Neither of them was ever capable of performing the defensive duties well at the top level, when they are up against pacy forwards. Ryan Bertrand has got a lot of unfair stick on here as with our weak defence he has often had to do the defensive work of two men, whereas, in contrast, Targett needs an extra defender to cover for him.

I'd be tempted to put in a bid for Wendell in January: a player Ralph would be familiar with from the Bundesliga.

Danny Fox was the worst left back i've seen at the club. Targett has his weaknesses but hes better than that clown

Utterly laughable post. Foxy was a huge part of the team that got us promoted. Didn't quite cut it in the prem but was a huge part in, for me anyway, one of the most enjoyable seasons we've had i the last 25 years.

The ungrateful disrespect fans have for great servants of the club is sometimes just embarrassing.

Utterly laughable post. Foxy was a huge part of the team that got us promoted. Didn't quite cut it in the prem but was a huge part in, for me anyway, one of the most enjoyable seasons we've had i the last 25 years.

The ungrateful disrespect fans have for great servants of the club is sometimes just embarrassing.

This.

Fox was a **** poor defender in the championship he was lucky enough to be in a team that attacked most of the time and scored a lot of goals which covered up his weakness got found out in the PL though having said that he was better than Targett whose only redeeming feature is the occasional nice cross we really need to upgrade our fullback/wingback options to get the best out of Ralph's style.

Great servants? Hardly, just got paid a lot while we were riding high and as soon as he realised he couldn’t cut it, left.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] melt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Targett is starting to annoy the hell out of me how sh1te he is

He is weak, doesn't win any headers, can't run at players, is like a statue and as soon as he gets the ball has to get rid of it straight away

The argument I hear is...but yeh he puts in the odd good cross

That doesn't make him a good player or the fact he contributes nothing else ok

Absolute rubbish, one of the worst defenders ever and not just at Saints. Just about cut it going forward. WGS saw through him swiftly for Scotland, imagine someone not even considered good enough to get in the Scotland team. Absolute fraud of a footballer and his pathetic stance hands on hips watching the ball head for the net after one of his cockups. He may have been part of a good team but we were good despite having to carry him. Destroyed Hooiveld's career as well. For anyone to compare Targett to Fox is disgraceful. Targett was actually OK last night, not great but OK, only made one mistake if you're being picky, got away with a.ouple of badd errors in previous games. Shame really that we loaned out Sam MCQuuen, would have better suited the wing back position that RH is employing Targett in, but hey that's down to our then crap management.

Absolute rubbish, one of the worst defenders ever and not just at Saints. Just about cut it going forward. WGS saw through him swiftly for Scotland, imagine someone not even considered good enough to get in the Scotland team. Absolute fraud of a footballer and his pathetic stance hands on hips watching the ball head for the net after one of his cockups. He may have been part of a good team but we were good despite having to carry him. Destroyed Hooiveld's career as well. For anyone to compare Targett to Fox is disgraceful. Targett was actually OK last night, not great but OK, only made one mistake if you're being picky, got away with a.ouple of badd errors in previous games. Shame really that we loaned out Sam MCQuuen, would have better suited the wing back position that RH is employing Targett in, but hey that's down to our then crap management.

Always makes me laugh how people can get so worked up over what is a subjective opinion. Let's face it, neither is/was very good so there's not much difference between them - it's not like we're comparing MLT and Paul Moody. Personally think Danny Fox was slightly better but that might be just because it'll annoy the hell out of you and leave you seething for the rest of the day....

Soppy old fcker getting worked up about a player from years ago. Have a mince pie.

Matt Targett is starting to annoy the hell out of me how sh1te he is

He is weak, doesn't win any headers, can't run at players, is like a statue and as soon as he gets the ball has to get rid of it straight away

The argument I hear is...but yeh he puts in the odd good cross

That doesn't make him a good player or the fact he contributes nothing else ok

He’s a left-footed JWP...

Nice to see a reasoned, well thought out reflection on the merits of a player. Too often posts on here exaggerate players strengths or weaknesses, and allow personal animosity to cloud their judgement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fans are entitled to valued opinions and are not ‘embarrassing’

The post is entirely accurate too! The team did very well despite Fox.

Yep, mental.

Danny Fox was found wanting in the Prem and was about half-decent in the Championship - not for his defensive contribution but for his assists - which, I believe, was in the double figures.

Good little player in the npc but like Hammond, Sharp, Hooiveld et all who all contributed massively to our promotion - came up short in the Prem... and moved on. Thanks for contributions, thanks for the memories.

No need to make ridiculous comments about them - especially when considering Lee Todd played for us, who was genuinely abysmal.

Yep, mental.

Danny Fox was found wanting in the Prem and was about half-decent in the Championship - not for his defensive contribution but for his assists - which, I believe, was in the double figures.

Good little player in the npc but like Hammond, Sharp, Hooiveld et all who all contributed massively to our promotion - came up short in the Prem... and moved on. Thanks for contributions, thanks for the memories.

No need to make ridiculous comments about them - especially when considering Lee Todd played for us, who was genuinely abysmal.

13 assists I think it was. He was a competent championship player and perfect for our system in the championship which relied on full backs being able to put quality balls into the area. Frazer Richardson also got double figures for assists that season. Incredible that a key player in one of our most memorable seasons is labelled one of the worst defenders of all time. Then again one of them is someone who once accused me of being racist because I didn’t agree with him that Tanadari lee wouldn’t ever be a premier league star, I don’t think he’s ever recovered from that embarrassing moment.

13 assists I think it was. He was a competent championship player and perfect for our system in the championship which relied on full backs being able to put quality balls into the area. Frazer Richardson also got double figures for assists that season. Incredible that a key player in one of our most memorable seasons is labelled one of the worst defenders of all time. Then again one of them is someone who once accused me of being racist because I didn’t agree with him that Tanadari lee wouldn’t ever be a premier league star, I don’t think he’s ever recovered from that embarrassing moment.

Assists have **** all to do with his ability as a defender as a full back he would have made a good winger. He was a truly terrible defender slow, frequently lost his man, **** weak in the tackle and often out of position. Yes he could put a good ball into the box but his assists had more to do with the attacking quality of our strikers and attacking midfield. Frazer Richardson on the other hand was able to defend as well as a deliver a decent cross and an all round better full back.

Assists have **** all to do with his ability as a defender as a full back he would have made a good winger. He was a truly terrible defender slow, frequently lost his man, **** weak in the tackle and often out of position. Yes he could put a good ball into the box but his assists had more to do with the attacking quality of our strikers and attacking midfield. Frazer Richardson on the other hand was able to defend as well as a deliver a decent cross and an all round better full back.

Fox was fine in Championship, Like Targett would be. No one is saying he is Marcelo. Calm down.