Les Reed and the PR machine at SFC

Saint86

Can people please stop buying the PR BS that the club put out. Seriously.

The warning signs were there for most surely when Les Reed spontaneously decided to put out a PR piece saying that, 'everyone was on board and that we'd stepped up and were looking to push on to europa etc.'

He does it every time... As soon as he made that video and released it surely people twigged by now that their was bad news coming?!?!! Its his pattern, big up the club, himself and how well things are going and that way he has his positive spin on it before the real stories get out there. Its a very subtle character assassination and then afterwards they use club sources like blackmore to force it home.

The truth is somewhere in the murky area of Koeman wasn't doing what Les wanted over the academy, there was trouble behind the scenes with a few players, mid season blip, we aren't paying Koeman what he feels he's worth and what Everton are paying him is ridiculous.

Now I am not saying that I want to club to spend irresponsibly to get things done. I am happy we don't. But what I hate is the way that man thinks he can undermine every edifice of the club that falls out of line with him. He does the same trick every time and sets them up to be the fall guys before the bad news gets out. It is his job to drive the club onwards which he has continued... but it also his job to get key players and staff on board for the long haul and he has repeatedly failed in this. Rather than play these games and undermine fan favourites he should just be bloody honest about it. It is a really shoddy way to treat both the players/staff involved and the fans.

Les did it immediately before Lambert (right before ST deadline), lallana, shaw, chambers etc all left. He did it with Clyne as a carbon copy of "poch's contract" saga... And he's done it again with Ronald. Its the same crap routine every time and frankly every time he speaks to the mass fanbase without need is a sign that there is bad news coming.

Most fans have cottoned on to this now at least, and you can even see it on the daily mail threads where saints fans are laying it at his feet and pointing to his interview as the sign. He is sadly a chronic liar and I can't stand it about him!

But when all is said and done, he is our Levy. A complete shiester and knife in the shadows, but he is continuously guiding the club onwards. I don't knock him for that, he has done a good job for us since Cortese left all in all. But I just wish the fans would see him for what he is rather than some fecking almighty "do no wrong" saviour. All these players and managers that leave us are not bad people, the club actively set them up as the fall guys to cover themselves from fan discontent at what the board see as our limits. The fans want more, the board can't deliver it, and therefore they blame everything they can rather than just accept it.

If you don't like the PR BS, then you don't have to buy into it and don't have to support the club. Alternatively, if you don't like the way the club is run, then take it over and run it in the manner you want to. So bored of the constant criticism of the club.

He is full of sh1te. As soon as the club announced the new contracts I knew it was a makeweight for bad news. That was then confirmed by that awful PR piece on Koemans talks came out; classic "get our version of events out first before he does" scenario.

To then blame it all on a new agent, Koeman etc is rubbish, pure fantasy. I've no doubt 7m helps turn someone's head but at least make a concerted effort to keep the person responsible for rebuilding the team, two highest points totals, twice qualified for Europe and with a net transfer spend. We're getting very cocky, we cannot do this every year, aim to get better and rely on the blueprint. At some point, we must see that continuity is better than annual upheaval.

He is full of sh1te. As soon as the club announced the new contracts I knew it was a makeweight for bad news. That was then confirmed by that awful PR piece on Koemans talks came out; classic "get our version of events out first before he does" scenario.

To then blame it all on a new agent, Koeman etc is rubbish, pure fantasy. I've no doubt 7m helps turn someone's head but at least make a concerted effort to keep the person responsible for rebuilding the team, two highest points totals, twice qualified for Europe and with a net transfer spend. We're getting very cocky, we cannot do this every year, aim to get better and rely on the blueprint. At some point, we must see that continuity is better than annual upheaval.

Just a question.... how do you know how contract talks progressed between the club and Koeman?

What I think is really lovely is you genuinely think the club haven't made a concerted effort to keep our current manager.

Just a question.... how do you know how contract talks progressed between the club and Koeman?

If they'd gone well he'd either have signed by now or reiterated his intentions that he wanted to.

As soon as I saw the Les video though I knew he was just weaseling his version out his first before RK went

I am trying to put this tactfully and respectfully but why don't you fck off you pathetic cnt?

I think it is a shambles. I also think that you are a sorry excuse for a human being, everyone is allowed their opinion. This forum doesn't need people like you on it, so do one!

agreed with regards to him needing to keep his mouth shut... looks like a plonker...

i'm going to reserve judgement till i see the new man in place though, i think we got lucky in 2014, as VVD aside 2015 was a relatively poor transfer window.

Loads of assumptions going on here, made by people who have been waiting for approximately 12 months to stick the boot in.

Give them their 6 weeks or so, then they'll vanish until next summer.

The club have been in total and utter decline since the day Cortese left just like I said they would be and I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right.

If they'd gone well he'd either have signed by now or reiterated his intentions that he wanted to.

As soon as I saw the Les video though I knew he was just weaseling his version out his first before RK went

So you have no idea how they went.

So you have no idea how they went.

Nope I wasn't there if that's what you mean. That said, there's probably a fair few more like me who thought the same as soon as that PR guff came out.

Anyway, let's just hope they replace him well. At the very least, they do have a decent track record of appointments.

I think it is a shambles. I also think that you are a sorry excuse for a human being, everyone is allowed their opinion. This forum doesn't need people like you on it, so do one!

Sorry who the fck are you?

Haha, OK. Weird internet bully.

Every sip.

Odd.

Meanwhile, I want our club to succeed and support the people trying to make that happen. Try it sometime. More refreshing that what you're sipping.

Odd.

Meanwhile, I want our club to succeed and support the people trying to make that happen. Try it sometime. More refreshing that what you're sipping.

Did you know... I want the same thing and while that may be case, we have differing opinions. That happens in life. I think that sometimes, however, you just aren't as accepting of other people's opinions as perhaps you could be.

Did you know... I want the same thing and while that may be case, we have differing opinions. That happens in life. I think that sometimes, however, you just aren't as accepting of other people's opinions as perhaps you could be.

There's having an opinion and then there's trying to shove your own agenda down other peoples throats.

Don't differ from me your spot on mate. S-Clarke I've not been convinced about board last two years despite our success so not changed. Nice people but not sure they have it to take us further or even stay at this level. Hope I'm wrong.

I do think it's pretty hard to criticise Les when we've been on an unprecedented run of football league improvement since himself and the Liebers came together. If Ron wants to follow the path of greed it's not Les's fault. Ultimately he/we want commitment to the club not commitment to cash. Ron can f**k off if his current millions aren't enough...how much more does he/his agent need? Greed doesn't make a good manager. Passion, commitment and, ambition does- Les knows this!

Don't differ from me your spot on mate. S-Clarke I've not been convinced about board last two years despite our success so not changed. Nice people but not sure they have it to take us further or even stay at this level. Hope I'm wrong.

But they've taken us further 2 years running.

Dontcha just love this time of year? The hilarious entertainment surpasses the actual playing season.

No I hate it tbh. Would rather we didn't sell every summer like we do and lose key people.

Nope I wasn't there if that's what you mean. That said, there's probably a fair few more like me who thought the same as soon as that PR guff came out.

Anyway, let's just hope they replace him well. At the very least, they do have a decent track record of appointments.

Yes, let's hope so. The management of the club (ie boardroom) has created a very attractive club to work at. We tend to forget that.

Thanks, Roger. Let's just hope it all works out eh?

You are wrong. We went further last year and further again this year.

Yes, let's hope so. The management of the club (ie boardroom) has created a very attractive club to work at. We tend to forget that.

Not attractive enough to keep chambers, Clyne, Toby, Shaw, Lovren, Morgan, lallana, lambert, mark Radcliffe Physio, Paul Mitchell, poch and Koeman and it seems wanyama.

In between being trolled, it's nice to actually have a conversation with someone who is a bit more optimistic than myself, thank you.

And yes, I do agree, the club is an attractive proposition to any prospective, suitable candidate. I've got some faith we'll choose a good one, though I'm bitterly disappointed we'll be losing someone who I think would have stayed and helped maintain or at least replicate our past 2-3 seasons. I'd rather continuity but sadly, that seems unlikely now.

In between being trolled, it's nice to actually have a conversation with someone who is a bit more optimistic than myself, thank you.

And yes, I do agree, the club is an attractive proposition to any prospective, suitable candidate. I've got some faith we'll choose a good one, though I'm bitterly disappointed we'll be losing someone who I think would have stayed and helped maintain or at least replicate our past 2-3 seasons. I'd rather continuity but sadly, that seems unlikely now.

Also, if we get anyone good they will be gone as soon as someone comes in for them but I think under our conditions, it's almost impossible to match Koemans achievements here. Poch didn't have to sell under Cortese and had lots of investment.