Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

So you don't like him, rate him and by luck?? we got to 6th despite selling and getting in cheaper alternatives yet you think we will get in a worse manager....don't contradict yourself much do you.

Tied himself into all sorts of knots. Bizzare.

Blue in peace here lads.

Koeman will be confirmed tomorrow by all reliable accounts. Talks have been held up due to your end dragging their heels. It seems you were confident Ron would stay in spite of our interest and have spent the last few days approaching managerial targets and working out compensation terms, which is understandable given the narrative that Everton couldn't take Southampton's manager.

Preventing player poaching might not be a great concern for you. Granted, there are one or two that Koeman might want to take along, but the appointment of a DoF and the new owner's own targets mean it's unlikely you'll loose too many. I suppose your biggest concern could be Forster. It's unlikely we'll take VvD unless we sell Stones, which we'll only do if there's an offer significantly in excess of £40m.

Hopefully this won't sour relations between the two clubs too much in the future. I think it's natural that Koeman would want to take the next step and, like at Feyenoord, he will hopefully be remembered as doing great stabilising work with your club as you transition from feeder club to a solid PL outfit. Great progress, really, and your board should be commended.

I honestly think he’s made a stupid decision leaving, he had a squad of players all playing for him at saints and now he’s starting again, the only thing they have over us is money but so does everyone now! I wouldn’t be surprised if they finish below us next season.

Well done Everton and congratulations. You've got yourself a solid manager in Koeman who knows how to recover from a huge losing streak mid season. The one thing we've always liked the most about Koeman is that he's honourable, trustworthy and a man of his word. Good luck.

Also woot let the new era begin! My super keen switched off a few times last season, especially during that target man hoofball period until Pelle got injured and Shane Long luckily stepped up. Whoever comes in it will be a bloody interesting ride again next season.

In isolation the only real loss to next season would be Sadio, (who may well be going), but I like the sound of this 40M pricetag we have on him. Means there is a chance he will still be here.

Edited by Mallagroth

Blue in peace here lads.

Koeman will be confirmed tomorrow by all reliable accounts. Talks have been held up due to your end dragging their heels. It seems you were confident Ron would stay in spite of our interest and have spent the last few days approaching managerial targets and working out compensation terms, which is understandable given the narrative that Everton couldn't take Southampton's manager.

Preventing player poaching might not be a great concern for you. Granted, there are one or two that Koeman might want to take along, but the appointment of a DoF and the new owner's own targets mean it's unlikely you'll loose too many. I suppose your biggest concern could be Forster. It's unlikely we'll take VvD unless we sell Stones, which we'll only do if there's an offer significantly in excess of £40m.

Hopefully this won't sour relations between the two clubs too much in the future. I think it's natural that Koeman would want to take the next step and, like at Feyenoord, he will hopefully be remembered as doing great stabilising work with your club as you transition from feeder club to a solid PL outfit. Great progress, really, and your board should be commended.

If you fancy paying 25-30 million for Forster good luck to you.

Blue in peace here lads.

Hope this means you blue dippers will p ee off now,,

Blue in peace here lads.

Perhaps you weren't at Highbury in 1984 then ?

The "next step" might have been an Arsenal, or Liverpool.. but don't think he's taken the massive career step, although his bank manager and Mrs Koeman's shopping account will see it that he has.

Blue in peace here lads.

Can you name any example in football where a player has signed a 6 year contract extension (van Dijk) or 5 year extension (Forster) in May and been sold the same summer? I can't and if there are its not many.

Neither of them will be sold, Saints are able to hold them to the recent contract without fear of value dropping and given the length of time left on their contracts, 2022 & 2021 they are worth vast amounts.

Virgil van Dijk is currently a better player than Stone (who still has some flaws to his game despite looking promising). If/when we sell van Dijk it will be for a huge fee, likewise Forster.

The condescending attitude of some Everton fans is beyond belief!

5 million compensation......

Hark! Listen to that! That's the sound of a football club refusing to bend over and get shafted by another club!

Bye then Ron, it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for getting us to 6th.

Right looking forward to the new manager, as long as it's not Moyes we'll be fine

Blue in peace here lads.

Glad you don't want VVD......... Not another one to the Everton massive.......

Honestly mate just do one - as has been said before you are the only clubs fans that has come on here giving it some. Small time, Chip on your shoulder, Bin dipping, We are a massive club ******s

Well that was a good 3 or 4 days - what can we whinge about for the rest of the summer now...????

Player sales

Player signings

Rumoured player signings (that end up being untrue)

Other clubs signings

pre season results

new manager appointment

Still plenty to look forwards to.

The thing that I find most patronising is the "step up" thing.

There is a hierarchy in football. Last season Leicester came out on top of that hierarchy, followed by a small number of teams who will be competing in the Champions League, followed by a few more in the Europa League.

Everyone would agree that it is a "step up" for a team to go from not qualifying for Europe, to qualifying for Europe. Everyone would also agree it is a "step up" to go from a Europa League qualifier to a Champions League qualifier. So by definition this move is a "step down" for Koeman.

Happy for him and wish him well for the future, but please please please, change the narrative to "he is taking a step down in the hope that he can take two steps up in the future".

But under no footballing circumstances is he stepping up, moving from a team that has qualified for Europe 2 seasons running, to one who hasn't.

A great pity. RK did a good job with us but it will be soured by the way in which he left. To make the public statements he did about staying for his final year and being honourable and the doing a massive U-turn makes him look foolish and not a man of his word. We will replace him with someone better and he will leave Everton within 2 years when something better comes along unless of course he gets sacked before then because their new money man wants instant success.

Blue in peace here lads.

Get a job.

Blue in peace here lads.

It does not matter how you intend to come across but it will be condescending and patronising. The truth is that Koeman has taken a giant pay rise to a lesser club.

Can you name any example in football where a player has signed a 6 year contract extension (van Dijk) or 5 year extension (Forster) in May and been sold the same summer? I can't and if there are its not many.

Neither of them will be sold, Saints are able to hold them to the recent contract without fear of value dropping and given the length of time left on their contracts, 2022 & 2021 they are worth vast amounts.

Virgil van Dijk is currently a better player than Stone (who still has some flaws to his game despite looking promising). If/when we sell van Dijk it will be for a huge fee, likewise Forster.

The condescending attitude of some Everton fans is beyond belief!

I think if either is offered terms that are appealing to them they'll force a move. As I said, I think we'll have other targets but if they don't work out we might move for one or two of your lads. Haven't seen much of Ward-Prowse but he might also be of interest.

Everton have a good manager. We had some fantastic results and obvious league finishes.

he does like a hoof and an aerial game

more like a moyes than anything else. There was a time this season where we were actually like a Pulis Stoke side and appalling to watch. Last 10 games were fantastic though

sad to see he is gone. Pochettino he most certainly is not

hopefully, we wont wont fluff the new bloke and get a dud in.

I think if either is offered terms that are appealing to them they'll force a move. As I said, I think we'll have other targets but if they don't work out we might move for one or two of your lads. Haven't seen much of Ward-Prowse but he might also be of interest.

You can go now......we are bored with the c rap:wave:

Blue in peace here lads.

This is an impressively aggressive and insulting little post for someone who's come on 'in peace'. Not sure you really know what that means.

Glad you don't want VVD......... Not another one to the Everton massive.......

Honestly mate just do one - as has been said before you are the only clubs fans that has come on here giving it some. Small time, Chip on your shoulder, Bin dipping, We are a massive club ******s

We're a big club historically, I don't think that's in doubt. We have had two poor seasons in a row and, longer, gone almost thirty years without a league title. That's the reality, although one determined by poor owners. We now have an owner who identified Koeman as his preferred managerial appointment and quietly went ahead and got him in spite of many saying it wouldn't happen.

As you'll be aware from your recent history in the lower leagues, things change. We at Everton honestly wish you all the best. No hostility intended at all.

You are dreaming if you think you'll sign VvD or Forster - we have an ageing Centre Italian Centre Forward and a Kenyan Defensive midfield and you can have the pair for £30m.

Both players signed a new 5 year deal a few months back. You'd be looking at 70-80mil for both of them. We'll throw in Ward-Prowse and call it 100! That's your reported transfer fund gone then right? So with those 3 in and Stones and Lukaku out, I reckon your a shoe in for 15th next season.

I have seen nothing but condescension from Everton supporters. Ignoring the trolls that all teams have, I think that the rest really are not aware that they are being condescending, even if there is no malice involved. Hopefully they will all þugger off now that they have got their man.

We're a big club historically, I don't think that's in doubt. We have had two poor seasons in a row and, longer, gone almost thirty years without a league title. That's the reality, although one determined by poor owners. We now have an owner who identified Koeman as his preferred managerial appointment and quietly went ahead and got him in spite of many saying it wouldn't happen.

As you'll be aware from your recent history in the lower leagues, things change. We at Everton honestly wish you all the best. No hostility intended at all.

of course. we will all enjoy your unstoppable march to the top. Trophies and titles will be no bother.

Given we have just finished 6th and 3 points from the champions league. I will assume you will simply brush that (small, insignificant) achievement aside next season. After all, we are only a small-time club.

oh, £15m for scott dann is a real statement of intent :lol:

They might be of interest but you're in dream land if you think we'd sell to you after this. There's a reason Poch didn't get any of our players so far and one of them is our refusal to do business with them after they nicked our manager.

Blue in peace here lads.

This post defines the word 'patronizing'.

Blue in peace here lads.

As I said on the other thread a little earlier, if I were an Everton fan I'd be reserving my implied superiority until I have evidence of tangible and quantifiable improvement.

Forster and VvD have just signed new long term deals, so if you do "take" them you won't be seeing much change out of the reported investment.

Meanwhile Saints will do what we always do. Stick to the succession plan, recruit smartly and enjoy taking anyone who comes knocking to the cleaners.

Blue in peace here lads.

:lol: Cheers buddy. Enjoy the Monkeys Paw. See you when we are all on your Everton forums in the course of the next 12 months. :lol: