Alonso Charged

magnet

Doesn't get the two goals he made crossed off though does it ?

In all seriousness I hope Dean has to answer as to how he missed the incident when it happened right in front of him !!

True but he wont be there for the Semi final hopefully.

Doesn't do us a ****ing jot of good does it. Is it too much to ask for an official looking right at the incident to not get it right?

Yes we've been total **** this season but that and the handball incident have really ****ed us over. We used up all our luck in that home game vs West Ham it seems.

Charged and so he should be! But what ****ing annoys me is the Dean, the arrogant bastard, saw it and did **** all. I try not to use the language above but this bloody angered me.

He would have had to have said he didn't see it in his report. If he sees it and for whatever reason decided not to give a free kick then the Premier League cant use retrospective action. Quite how he missed it from 5 yards away is another matter which shows an incredible level of incompetence, or he's a liar. I think it's the latter to be honest.

He did see it but decided in that split second that getting it wrong in a way that favours the big club is much better for him than getting it wrong in a way that favours the small club.

This is one thing I won't miss about the Prem. We often get utterly jobbed by refs because they are too scared to upset the big teams.

Case in point that Everton handball (Adam you've changed), that Liverpool game where we were denied 2 pens in the opening minutes only for them to get a weak one later on, the Arsenal player lying in the middle of the six yard box fiasco, the 6+ minutes of stoppage tine against the likes of Arsenal and City until they scored...the list goes on.

Edited by OttawaSaint

What can you do when there's such a poor standard of refereeing? Dean, in pretty much any other job, would be disciplined for poor performance and would be fired by now, looking back at past shockers that he hasn't had to answer to. How has he not been demoted and lower-league refs given an opportunity in his place?

I may have this wrong, but I think he was 4th Official in the Man U v WBA game - when Rondon was subbed off, you could see him say "Hurry up, Sol!" Or something very similar. A second or two later, he then started laughing (Rondon must have said something back or made a facial expression, as his back was to the camera) and Dean didn't bother trying to hurry him up anymore. What kind of officiating is that?! Showing no discipline or air of authority whatsoever. Did anyone else see that?

It's obvious why the big clubs are opposed to VAR. they can only lose out by the implementation of a system which checks refs decision making process.

I don't know if the refs deliberately cheat but they definately favour the big clubs and there must be pressure on them to protect "the brand" -in other words it's beneficial for the league that the big 6 remain the big 6...

It might turn out that football is like wrestling, staged to a certain extent with the champions of the league decided before a ball is kicked.

What can you do when there's such a poor standard of refereeing? Dean, in pretty much any other job, would be disciplined for poor performance and would be fired by now, looking back at past shockers that he hasn't had to answer to. How has he not been demoted and lower-league refs given an opportunity in his place?

I may have this wrong, but I think he was 4th Official in the Man U v WBA game - when Rondon was subbed off, you could see him say "Hurry up, Sol!" Or something very similar. A second or two later, he then started laughing (Rondon must have said something back or made a facial expression, as his back was to the camera) and Dean didn't bother trying to hurry him up anymore. What kind of officiating is that?! Showing no discipline or air of authority whatsoever. Did anyone else see that?

Mike Dean is 49 refs in the Prem self certify that they are fit to Ref after a certain age. Remember Peter Walton, he of giving a penalty against Brighton when Fonte was felled 6 feet outside the box, he was 54 and signing him self back on the rosta with the same arrogance he oversaw the game with. In La Liga Mike Dean would have been retired 4 years ago - no ifs or buts.

Mike Dean is 49 refs in the Prem self certify that they are fit to Ref after a certain age. Remember Peter Walton, he of giving a penalty against Brighton when Fonte was felled 6 feet outside the box, he was 54 and signing him self back on the rosta with the same arrogance he oversaw the game with. In La Liga Mike Dean would have been retired 4 years ago - no ifs or buts.

Don’t be ageist ffs. People will get offended

I thought one of the consequences of denying the offence (which he did apparently) was that 3 games became 4 games.

Why does he only have a 3 game ban?

Missed decisions do change football game outcomes. I can remember being incensed that Paul Davis was ever allowed to play professional football again, didn't get charged with ABH/GBH and Saints weren't awarded the game as a penalty to his club.

Not that I am suggesting we should be given the three points from Sunday, due to a poor tackle that wasn't seen by any of the officials.

But the frequency of big clubs gaining advantage with poor refereeing seems to have increased due to Leicester winning the league. We can't let that happen again chaps, or else the Chinese will pay less for their EPL rights.......ffs

Leicester were constant beneficiaries of poor decisions when they won the league. The amount of fouling in their own box that Morgan and Huth got away with was astonishing. Plus Vardy's dives, Simpson's handball against us....

I don't think there is much in the way of a conscious bias towards big clubs. It's just that reffing is hard, some of them are crap at it and the authorities don't do a very good job of making their job easier.

I thought one of the consequences of denying the offence (which he did apparently) was that 3 games became 4 games.

Why does he only have a 3 game ban?

Missed decisions do change football game outcomes. I can remember being incensed that Paul Davis was ever allowed to play professional football again, didn't get charged with ABH/GBH and Saints weren't awarded the game as a penalty to his club.

Not that I am suggesting we should be given the three points from Sunday, due to a poor tackle that wasn't seen by any of the officials.

But the frequency of big clubs gaining advantage with poor refereeing seems to have increased due to Leicester winning the league. We can't let that happen again chaps, or else the Chinese will pay less for their EPL rights.......ffs

I think the extra game ban is only for a frivolous appeal.