Pompey is full of fat ****s

Baj

I wonder why the Isle of Wight contains so much obesity. Surely extra digits and webbing must only count for a small percentage of overall body weight?

All the fat old pensioners that retire there probably.

Well yes...but it doesn't look like Portsmouth on the other one to me...

And i'm guessing these maps were made up from the same info...

Well your map says it is West Sussex, on the original map the area is clearly in Hampshire, West Sussex is the yellow county next door. You can also see the unitary authorities on the original map, hence the small outlined area where Southampton is, same for Brighton, Plymouth etc. Therefore Baj is right, it's Portsmouth.

...according to this study..

1.jpg

Hants is great... until you see one small part is full of fatties apparently...

Well yes...but it doesn't look like Portsmouth on the other one to me...

And i'm guessing these maps were made up from the same info...

EnglandPortsmouth.png

Defo Portsmouth.

IT may be the smoking capital of the south-east, have some of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the country, and worst dental health among children.

But Southampton is today revealed as having among the slimmest residents in the UK.

http://www.thisishampshire.net/news/dailyechonews/display.var.2434909.0.at_least_we_arent_an_overweight_lot.php

:lol:

• 5 years later...
Fair enough...

What say you to this then?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/health/health/article1615225.ece

Todays article...not 2006/2007...also by Dr Foster Research

FINAL-HEALTH-MAP-2-_565890a.jpg

That one just confirms what the initial report says - that the darker area is Portsmouth, not West Sussex. There's even a key for the geographically challenged on that one.

The only difference is that Portsmouth has gone from 'High' to 'Medium', whilst everywhere surrounding it is significantly lower. So there are a few less fatties than there were 5ish years ago, but still a lot more than there should be. Still I guess that is what passes for a 'win' in Portsmouth these days.