Aussie Saints

G'day All

Just a quick thread to see which of my fellow convicts are still posting.

West Aussie here - Dont often see fellow Saints fans here but know theres a few of us madmen.

Alwasy keen for a beer and a chat of all things football

Sadly not the best display versus Blackpool ( Typical as we only get about 1 game a year shown here :smt048 )

Anyways - Speak Soon

Based In Gosnells mate

Yeah - its sure goign to be a rollercoaster ride.

Shame about the TV match - mind you we have been eternally cursed to play ****e on Televised matches

G'Day Bonesy & Skint, Baldivis here. & G'Day to all you others. Still prefer Hampshire to OZ! (Except anything East of Titchfield and Basingstoke, these places really should be moved to another county!

Hi - 2 months into life in Melbourne. Anyone going to any Victory matches? Just about got my head around Aussie Rules in time for the finals!

Distressed to buy first copy of Alpha mag to see a pic of the editor in a P*mp*y shirt - you go to the other side of the world and you still can't escape them. Grrrrr.

Hi - 2 months into life in Melbourne. Anyone going to any Victory matches? Just about got my head around Aussie Rules in time for the finals!

Distressed to buy first copy of Alpha mag to see a pic of the editor in a P*mp*y shirt - you go to the other side of the world and you still can't escape them. Grrrrr.

To be fair the convicts and ne'er do wells were here befor us, need to find another colony to ship them off to now. There is that little island down near NZ somewhere where incest is conidered the norm!

QPR game in Oz? Typical, Fox usually show CCC games covered by Sky, but not this one! Instead, a repeat of last night's L'pool v Manure game.

Very ordinary isn't it! I notice there is a delayed coverage of a CCC game going to air on Fox at 10:30pm Monday night (Brisbane time) - could be Saints v QPR unless it's a repeat of Derby v Sheff. Utd.

• 3 weeks later...
The saints game against Coventry is being replayed on foxtel at 10.00 Sunday morning

why oh why must we lose every time I get to see the lads play :confused:

I always get so excited yet quickly have this feeling muted by our failure to perform in front of the TV cameras. Oh well heads up lads and lets take Watford to the cleaners next time out, we certainly couldnt do much worse than our recent performances against them at St. Mary's.

We are in Carina right now.

Hello mate - welcome to the brilliant bayside.

I'm living in manly and looking to buy a house in Wellington Point. I'll PM my contact details and we should try and meet up for a few beers and 'soccer' soon?

Been to see QLD Roar a couple of times - it's cheap and interesting..

:p

I'm living in manly and looking to buy a house in Wellington Point. I'll PM my contact details and we should try and meet up for a few beers and 'soccer' soon?

Manly is a nice spot - drove up through there the other day Winnum, Manly, Lota run. We've got a place in Thornlands now, moving in on Thursday, after the Qatar game. PM me your mobile and I'll give you a call to fix up a beer sometime. My 16 year old is a big Saints fan too, wears the shirt out around the Bayside all the time!

• 3 weeks later...

i moved out two years ago, originally on a working visa which is **** easy to get if you are under 30. Just got residency, but the fact my missus is a nurse gives her major plusses and it was pretty easy for her. I couldnt get in on my own due to no skills/trades but we are de-facto couple so got in that way.

i moved out two years ago, originally on a working visa which is **** easy to get if you are under 30. Just got residency, but the fact my missus is a nurse gives her major plusses and it was pretty easy for her. I couldnt get in on my own due to no skills/trades but we are de-facto couple so got in that way.

Interesting. I am 21 and have a decent degree but no "trade" in the absolute sense of the word. Would that make it difficult? I know recently they wanted to attract British graduates out there, is this still the case?

Interesting. I am 21 and have a decent degree but no "trade" in the absolute sense of the word. Would that make it difficult? I know recently they wanted to attract British graduates out there, is this still the case?

Having a degree helps, but you need real world skills and professional qualifications to score the points needed to get a permanent residnecy visa.

You could also look at a 457 visa, essentially an employer sponsored visa, to get you in and then go for residency when you are here.

Charlie, you are not the son of Geoff & nephew of Rob? By some longshot chance?

Could you post on here the result of Adelaide as i`m O/S

Good luck to Adelaide

No luck for the lads last night. Gamba Osaka looked a class above and ended up taking the prize 3-0. Even worse our keeper and key defender picked up yellow cards and will be unavailable for the second leg :(. Time to pray for a miracle.

Good detective skills. Yes you are right. Very interested to know how you know us?

I sat next to your dad and uncle at the Dell for years, I have seen you all since at SMS and Rob at Millwall. We moved to OZ in March this year. I cannot PM you as I havent paid my fee. If I join up I will give you my email address. Your degree was in sports science or something like that?

I sat next to your dad and uncle at the Dell for years, I have seen you all since at SMS and Rob at Millwall. We moved to OZ in March this year. I cannot PM you as I havent paid my fee. If I join up I will give you my email address. Your degree was in sports science or something like that?

Ah i thought it was you but dad wasnt sure! Yeah those Dell days seem a long time ago now, how things have changed with Saints. I did psychology at uni. I think Theo scored in that Millwall game, Rob said he saw you, I think he only got there at half time or something silly like that. I am going out to Oz in december to visit some family and travel a bit. Send me an email. Good to hear from you + would love to find out how you are doing in Oz!

Edited by Saint Charlie

Have many of you guys moved out to Aussie from the UK recently? How easy was it?

I got a skilled permanent residents visa (chartered accountant). Pretty long winded process, but with patience, an eye on the end game and a realistic expectation of how long it all takes, it wasn't too bad. We got here about 18 months after starting the process, but it can be quicker - we just took it steady on account of the timing for the kids school.

I would thoroughly recommend Brisbane btw. Great weather, affordable property, the Gold Coast down the road, the Sunshine coast up the road......and you can get ALL the Premier League games live on Fox (Sky), including your choice of the 3pm Saturday kick offs. Championship games on too!

Make the effort - it's great out here.

I was in England so i missed the finals as for the saints i witnessed

Coventry (H) 1-1 Should of won the game 3-1

Preston (A) 2-3 What a come back from 2-0 down at H/T to win (A big night was had in Blackpool afterward)

Bristol City (H) 0-1 Rubbish and i spent the next two days in bed sick from the rain and the cold wind coming of the solent.

Hey Paul,

Until I get around to registering to this site I don't have access to PM's or your email.

Thought I'd see how you (and all other fans) were going with the storms that you've had up there. We don't have them in Melbourne you know. ;)

Queensland Roar finally won a home game. Wonders will never cease. I actually saw somebody in the crowd with a Saints shirt during the coverage today. At the 53 minute mark if you watch a replay. Victory are on top of the league which I'm with. It's not often Melbourne and Southampton win on the same weekend. What a win last night!

I just got back from Europe a few weeks ago. Spent 4 months backpacking around Europe. Had an awesome time. Ended up seeing Saints vs Coventry which was probably the coldest night I've ever experienced. Apparently it snowed in London that day.

If you're in Melbourne be sure to look us up. I don't see myself getting to Brisbane in the near future because it will take me 10 years to pay off that trip. And I've got a date in South Africa during June 2010.

Hey Paul,

Until I get around to registering to this site I don't have access to PM's or your email.

Thought I'd see how you (and all other fans) were going with the storms that you've had up there. We don't have them in Melbourne you know. ;)

Queensland Roar finally won a home game. Wonders will never cease. I actually saw somebody in the crowd with a Saints shirt during the coverage today. At the 53 minute mark if you watch a replay. Victory are on top of the league which I'm with. It's not often Melbourne and Southampton win on the same weekend. What a win last night!

I just got back from Europe a few weeks ago. Spent 4 months backpacking around Europe. Had an awesome time. Ended up seeing Saints vs Coventry which was probably the coldest night I've ever experienced. Apparently it snowed in London that day.

If you're in Melbourne be sure to look us up. I don't see myself getting to Brisbane in the near future because it will take me 10 years to pay off that trip. And I've got a date in South Africa during June 2010.

HI Dan, you have PM...

Can't say i'm over impressed with watching QLD Roar. Too many skates go and they're sh!t. Managed to drag a few guys to the Melb game and Roar we're sooo bad we decided to focus on beer rather than the football. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if they are showing the saints v man u game on tv here in aus??? Could be a good night and hopefully we can stick it up all the man u supporters here! I am sick of them giving me crap! I know I dream alot, but you never know we could win!

The palace game is being shown live apparently.

4.30am (WA time)

3.30pm replay ( WA Time )

Or so i'm told - apologies if this is incorect.

Also been told that ESPN or Setana will be showing highlights of FA Cup. I dont htink we have got the main game ( also unsure - all been told)

I'm very positive however that I'm a Happy Perth Glory Supporter after this weekends win over the V's

Lets hear some more from your A-league fans

• 1 month later...
Japan 3-0 win (fingers crossed)

just read all the messages, good bright messages, no moaning, just how it should be.

i'm very envious of you lads, always wanted to go there, i've friends (aussies) from my cricket days, the problem is i'm now 60 (chuckle).

just wondering if you are english or aussie blokes, or a mix, keep posting it's interesting to read your views, one thing we all are is SAINTS through and through. Stuff those plastic "big club" fans, not the Skates, they,re just awful.

All the best fred

Fred

I'm sure if there was an Aussie cricket thread - you'd see plenty of moaning :p hehe.

Two differernt worlds mate - you guys under snow, and we are under ash.

For myself - I'm a born and bred Aussie, started following Saints after a season playing Soccer ( as we love to call it here ) - and well I cant say it hasnt been interesting :)