Best game ever?

saint_stevo

Mario bros is the best series ever IMO. I like Zelda but don't **** over it like some people. Personally I have really enjoyed half life two like no other game.

It's hard to compare some though because something like Mario is great because you can just pick up and play whereas half life and other games like resi 4 force you to really get into the game before you appreciate how great it is.

I have always considered Final Fantasy 7 to be the best i've ever played. Had the main campaign of Mass Effect been longer I would have said that instead though. I have a desire to say Football Manager but as there is no real definitive version, more just constant development, I can't really pin it down.

Tetris for its addictability.

The Tomb Raider series on PC.

In my mind though, the game series that has ruined my life for the last 16 years, resulting in me playing it instead of studying for GCSE's and A Levels, boycotting sleep whereever possible and ending some relationships - the CM/FM series.

In particular CM96-97, with the first Bosman rule, perhaps the easiest of them to play and certainly the one I've played the most.

Aaaah, everyone is wearing rose tinted glasses here. I loved the Zelda games and Mariokart games on N64 and GC. Edge magazine named Ocarina of time the best ever game.

I posted on here a while ago my joy at re-aquiring a game cube and Mario Kart. I played it for 30 minutes.....then got bored, shattering my memories of games from yesteryear.

SF4 is my fave at the mo; the PS3 version. :)

aaaah, everyone is wearing rose tinted glasses here. I loved the zelda games and mariokart games on n64 and gc. Edge magazine named ocarina of time the best ever game.

I posted on here a while ago my joy at re-aquiring a game cube and mario kart. I played it for 30 minutes.....then got bored, shattering my memories of games from yesteryear.

Sf4 is my fave at the mo; the ps3 version. :)

sf4?

Final Fantasy 10, very closely followed by FF7 with an honourable mentions for Sim City 4 and Killzone 2

For online play, until recently I would have said CoD4 (I'm still having too many network problems with world at war). Now it would be Killzone 2 which I am just far too addicted to :D

Hey I had a quick go online with Killzone yesterday and got totally owned. Seems like a bit more structure to the TDMs though; ie they hunt in packs and stuff. More sophisticated games than warkawk.

Same here mate!

What online options are there for Killzone? i only had a quick wizz on free for all

Same here mate!

What online options are there for Killzone? i only had a quick wizz on free for all

I cant recall...But I remember saying to myself "this all looks quite sophisticated," when I woz drunk.

So I don't totally hijack the thread, I'll put a little summary in the Killzone thread :)

1. Half-Life 2

2. MGS1

3. Goldeneye

4. Counter Strike (Source & 1.6, all is good)

5. Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

I was slightly suprised last year when I discovered that I thought Uncharted was better than MGS4. It's basically the good version of Indiana Jones 4. Can't wait for Uncharted 2. It's a must have for any PS3 owner.

hmm.

Has to be FM/CM series just because i play them so much and i agree they ruin my life.

But other than them..

1. Half life 2 (gutted when i completed them and eps 1/2)

2. COD 4 (still amazing, still playing online, can't wait til modern warfare 2)

3. Perfect Dark (n64)

4. Goldeneye (brings back good memories)

5. Probably the PES series as it too has drained my spare time.

hmm.

Has to be FM/CM series just because i play them so much and i agree they ruin my life.

But other than them..

1. Half life 2 (gutted when i completed them and eps 1/2)

2. COD 4 (still amazing, still playing online, can't wait til modern warfare 2)

3. Perfect Dark (n64)

4. Goldeneye (brings back good memories)

5. Probably the PES series as it too has drained my spare time.

Are there still a lot of people on COD4 online then? I must admit I haven't loaded it up since World at War came out.

yeah, tons, always get onto a whichever game i want to go on, never have to wait long and are fully populated so their must be. I am constantly online on it.

From what i have read people aren't enjoying World at War that much, something about the multiplayer being crap ??

They are made by two seperate companies aparantly ? Modern Warfare 2 out around august !

yeah, tons, always get onto a whichever game i want to go on, never have to wait long and are fully populated so their must be. I am constantly online on it.

From what i have read people aren't enjoying World at War that much, something about the multiplayer being crap ??

They are made by two seperate companies aparantly ? Modern Warfare 2 out around august !

World at War MP isn't bad in itself, but I've had all sorts of network problems from day 1 which kind of spoiled it for me. I might dust off CoD 4 over the long weekend :D

Got COD4 back out a few days ago. Brilliant. MW2 is going to be excellent, i hope.

Should be, disapointed that SOCOM got a bad write up was looking forward to that.

Also they are releasing a new battlefield for the PS3 'download' only but i expect has potential.

Dust if off pal !!! If i see you online though i won't hold back !!!

Another vote for COD 4, even if I do get massacred every time I play online. Fallout 3 not in the same league but pretty excellent too.

Goldeneye probably was the best game ever when it came out, but simply isn't any longer. Other standout "of the time" best games would include GTA 3, original Metal Gear Solid (but they lost the plot with too many long cut scenes thereafter), Hungry Horace, Sensible Soccer and FIFA 99.

Should be, disapointed that SOCOM got a bad write up was looking forward to that.

Also they are releasing a new battlefield for the PS3 'download' only but i expect has potential.

Dust if off pal !!! If i see you online though i won't hold back !!!

Had a go this afternoon whilst Saints were 'playing'. I was so bad, but enoyed it more than WaW!

My happiest gaming memories are playing 'Orbiter' (a 'Defender' clone) on the ZX Spectrum (16k). Ah, the summer of '82...

Best game that wasn't an arcade clone? 'Duke Nukem 3D'

Its time to kick ass and chew gum... and im all out of gum..