Congratulations to Nigel Pearson

SaintRobbie

You are a complete Grade A **** arent you ?

Why dont you crawl away and do something useful you sad pathetic turd.

This club gas been bought to its knees and its down to your ****in hero you sicko.

Define sicko? In even the loosest of interpretations I don't think I am a sicko for holding some equally valid and equally unprovable opinions.

Sad pathetic turd? Is that the best you can do. Still the absence of balanced opinion and debate is not going to be conducive to quality insults. Makes you Grade D beatle and it appears with a name like yours you can crawl away.

Define sicko? In even the loosest of interpretations I don't think I am a sicko for holding some equally valid and equally unprovable opinions.

Sad pathetic turd? Is that the best you can do. Still the absence of balanced opinion and debate is not going to be conducive to quality insults. Makes you Grade D beatle and it appears with a name like yours you can crawl away.

Please can you start another thread 19. This is for successful management appreciation mate. If not might I suggest to the mods that 19's comments may just slightly be starting to get a touch out of hand? Thank you.

Careful Robbie you'll have me believing Pearson is a better manager than O'Neill. How many legends are 1 club allowed to have in a very short legend period of time? Like our legend don't you need 30 years to over inflate their achievements in line with their peer group?

70's Mike will be asking you in a minute why you didn't go to Sheffield but as a rabid anti-Lowe you may get away with it. Counterproductive isn't it really Robbie but keep it up if you must freedom of speech and all that.

Do you have to mention your childish dislike of LM on every post.

You ceased to be entertaining months ago now you are just a bitter bore, time to go away and come back with a different name again.

Do you have to mention your childish dislike of LM on every post.

You ceased to be entertaining months ago now you are just a bitter bore, time to go away and come back with a different name again.

Just leave it F the Flames... he's out of touch, out of his mind and out of this forum soon methinks.

Shame he hijacked a good thread for a decent ex Saints manager.

Firstly,I was not parrticularly overwhelmed by NP's appointment at Saints.Nor do I see him as quite the 'second coming' that some on here do now.

That said, he did what we hoped he would do for us and was a nice honest bloke which was refreshing.

Above all though,I'm convinced he would have been a far superior option for us than the clowns Lowe lumbered us with.

Kept Oakley, Fryatt & Howard and played them regularly, but rebuilt the rest of his team with judiscious loans and alot of home grown players.

Size aside therein lies the difference with our loans.

Wonder ifPearson will be trying to sign Gasmi,Pulis or Forecast from us now ?

Trolls, please stop trolling.

Everyone else. Please do not feed the trolls.

Thankyou.

'Thankyou' is not a word and this is a common mistake I see on the forum. Why do people think it is a proper word? Unless it is some cool text type speak I've missed out on, whereby one saves valuable time by not pressing the space bar it is, in my view, a load of f*ckingb*llocks.

Doubt it as I wasn't singing his praises last season.

this thread, if i am not mistaken, was aimed at those wishing to congratualte NP. Most fans would have wanted him here this season too, instead of the 2 Dutch flops / experiments employed by your hero Mr Lowe. So why do you find the need to belittle every poster that has a differing opinion to yours? Something I know that you have moaned about yourself on countless other threads that you have hijacked. Double standards me thinks. And yes, NPs real test will be next season, to see how he does in the Championship, a darn sight better than how we faired id bet. Its just a shame that we wont be in the championship with them to see first hand.

this thread, if i am not mistaken, was aimed at those wishing to congratualte NP. Most fans would have wanted him here this season too, instead of the 2 Dutch flops / experiments employed by your hero Mr Lowe. So why do you find the need to belittle every poster that has a differing opinion to yours? Something I know that you have moaned about yourself on countless other threads that you have hijacked. Double standards me thinks. And yes, NPs real test will be next season, to see how he does in the Championship, a darn sight better than how we faired id bet. Its just a shame that we wont be in the championship with them to see first hand.

Ah, nail on head time...

A thread to praise a well respected manager whose team passes us by going up as we go down is ruined by a sad pathetic attention seeker throwing his toys out of the pram as the management team set up by his employer, sorry, hero is shown up for what it was by the man Lowe kicked out....

It must really hurt mustn't it? To be shown up so often and so easily? Nigel Peason; decent man, loyal, full to burst with integrity and passion. A man who I think was treated very shambily by this club, lead to believe he stood a chance with the job only to be shown the door in favour of someone Lowe obviously had in mind from day one. A man now in charge of a championship winning side whilst the side assembled by Lowe's dream team goes down..

Everyone's laughing at you Sundance, a sad, bitter little man with no relevance what so ever....

I would like to add my congratulations to Nigel Pearson. The job he has done at Leicester is nothing short of a miracle. He has brought that team up with style and panache. Just to think, that could have been us. Oh well, we shouldn't moan about these thngs and focus our attention on the man of the moment, NP. Not only a brialliant manager but an incredible bloke as well. Tough but fair, gut wrenchingly honest with both himself and his players, exactly the sort of man not just suitable for the Saints but for England as well. Well done Nigel! You will always have a true fan in Wiltshire.

Ah, nail on head time...

A thread to praise a well respected manager whose team passes us by going up as we go down is ruined by a sad pathetic attention seeker throwing his toys out of the pram as the management team set up by his employer, sorry, hero is shown up for what it was by the man Lowe kicked out....

It must really hurt mustn't it? To be shown up so often and so easily? Nigel Peason; decent man, loyal, full to burst with integrity and passion. A man who I think was treated very shambily by this club, lead to believe he stood a chance with the job only to be shown the door in favour of someone Lowe obviously had in mind from day one. A man now in charge of a championship winning side whilst the side assembled by Lowe's dream team goes down..

Everyone's laughing at you Sundance, a sad, bitter little man with no relevance what so ever....

Do you mean the universe and everything in it or a few aggressive myopics who don't like having their stereotypical views challenged or accept others have an alternative view. Probably about 200 of you tops or about 1% of our average attendance. I guess, I can live with that Daren as I post to stand up for my opinion and not automatically take the stance that I have to post to try and be popular.

Quite simply because he is a troll.

Every forum like this has one, they come and they go. Occupational hazard I guess you could call it.

Um, someone with an alternative opnion does not equal troll just as someone who believes they speak for a dominant group is not necessarily a bigot.

I am not a Troll Um are you a bigot?

Do you mean the universe and everything in it or a few aggressive myopics who don't like having their stereotypical views challenged or accept others have an alternative view. Probably about 200 of you tops or about 1% of our average attendance. I guess, I can live with that Daren as I post to stand up for my opinion and not automatically take the stance that I have to post to try and be popular.

So you truely believe that 99% of our average attendance wanted NP gone, Lowe in together with the double dutch disasters? (ooo i like that, copyrighting it :-) )

I would also like to add my congratulations to NP on winning League 1. I also wasnt sure when he was appointed but he soon proved that he was what this club needed, a fighter not one to give up, he also said what he thought and seemed to instill in this club something that had been missing since WGS left. Well done Nigel and hate to say it but also to Mandaric for snapping him up.

Congratulations to Nigel Pearson and Leicester City. Bloody marvellous. I can only hope Saints can emulate them in the future, if they have one. Next season, Saints may start with a clean slate. For MLT's sake, let them finally learn the lessons that have been so pointedly obvious to the fans for several seasons.

EDIT: And credit to Mandaric for being shrewd enough to appoint Pearson.

Oh that's what it is! Your challenging us! You're not being an offensive attention seeker, you're challenging us!

Now it appears you've conducted a gallup poll and only 1% of the attendance/200 people rate Pearson! Utterly laughable.

And of course, you're not wrong are you? No chance of admitting that Pearson IS a good manager and we WERE wrong to get rid of him?. More chance of us getting back to back wins at home methinks....

But please carry on on... We aggresive myopics have no retort for stunning use of statistics/cut and pasted quotes...

You really do have delusions of adequacy don't you? lol

Oh that's what it is! Your challenging us! You're not being an offensive attention seeker, you're challenging us!

Now it appears you've conducted a gallup poll and only 1% of the attendance/200 people rate Pearson! Utterly laughable.

And of course, you're not wrong are you? No chance of admitting that Pearson IS a good manager and we WERE wrong to get rid of him?. More chance of us getting back to back wins at home methinks....

But please carry on on... We aggresive myopics have no retort for stunning use of statistics/cut and pasted quotes...

You really do have delusions of adequacy don't you? lol

must be another one of his "gut feelings" the same rule of measurement he uses to measure average crowd attendances too :D

Anyone that couldn't see that Nigel Pearson was and is a terrific MAN Manager (able to motivate and get the best out of even a mediocre lot) must be totally BLIND.

I am convinced that given time he would have gradually improved the team and the performances.

Congratulations Nigel.

Edited by Handyman

Well done Pearson. At the risk of sounding like Dalek2003, getting rid of Pearson was one of the worst decisions we have ever made. I think he'll go on to much bigger and better things. A lot of my family support Leicester so have a soft spot for them anyway. Good to see them back up.

Well done Nige. Echo all the sensible posts on here.

Lowe's single biggest error by a long way, not least because he had several fu c k ups behind him to learn from.

And I still don't really understand it.

This was Lowe's chance to come in quietly, let Nige get on with it and get the crowds in.

And if you had to create a perfect manager for Rupert Lowe out of thin air, then he would look a lot like Nigel Pearson: tracksuited, young, hungry, something to prove, track record of youth, a "head coach" rather than a "wheeler-dealer", not much baggage.

Perfect, perfect, perfect.

Just give him the job Rupert. I can still hear myself yelling that out now.

Edited by CB Fry

Well done Nige. Echo all the sensible posts on here.

Lowe's single biggest error by a long way, not least because he had several fu c k ups behind him to learn from.

And I still don't really understand it.

This was Lowe's chance to come in quietly, let Nige get on with it and get the crowds in.

And if you had to create a perfect manager for Rupert Lowe out of thin air, then he would look a lot like Nigel Pearson: tracksuited, young, hungry, something to prove, track record of youth, a "head coach" rather than a "wheeler-dealer", not much baggage.

Perfect, perfect, perfect.

Just give him the job Rupert. I can still here myself yelling that out now.

I also think one of the reasons why Pearson's stock is still relatively good with us supporters is the way he conducted himself despite effectively getting the boot from us.

No bad words, no malice, just very professional and dignified.

Like you, I'm just left shouting - WHY, WHY, WHY????

I also think one of the reasons why Pearson's stock is still relatively good with us supporters is the way he conducted himself despite effectively getting the boot from us.

No bad words, no malice, just very professional and dignified.

Like you, I'm just left shouting - WHY, WHY, WHY????

It was 8th March last year l believe that Andy Murray beat Roger Federer in the 1st round of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis.

I was "orgainsing" a dinner for 3 groups of visting business types. (only because I knew my way around town)

In the group we had an ex PL manager working the local TV station and were joined by others of football, business and rugby, as well as a bunch of my local mates.

One of the visitors took a call which gave a very clear indication of the news that IF we lost the following weekend away at Wolves the duo would call an EGM.

We duly drew I think and the comeback was delayed.

Now at the time, Pearson was NOT the popular choice, he had NOT proven himself, and even MLT appeared on TV "non-plussed" at the appointment.

Of course, Pearson went on to prove himself and become highly popular.

Now as we ALL know, Lowe has never been one for listening to advice or changing his plans. By the time he called the EGM from the little I know I am pretty sure that he had already had 2 months of waiting and I am sure in my reading of him that he would not have been ready to move in March UNLESS he had a plan. (A really BAD one as it turned out)

So, no, IMHO he was never going to keep NP, his plan had not included him when he started his comeback bid and to be fair many did not expect NP to work out so well.

NP was a success, he just did it too late to stop the avalanche that was coming and eventually buried us

It was a bad decision, but also to be fair yet another one in an ever increasing series of bad timings and bad luck and complete CR*P that seem to have dogged us for years

HTH

The real issue now is no longer NP JP MW, it is all about who comes in with the new owners

But again as I posted above, Nigel - well done, great job, wrong team

Congratulations, Nigel. I had faith that you could do it, just as I had faith in your ability to have managed here under the restricted circumstances that Lowe and the Quisling presented to the hapless Dutch duo. I am confident that your knowledge of the English game, coupled with your contacts, ability to judge the right sort of player and instill a winning spirit into them, would have meant at least a mid-table finish for us had you stayed.

Instead, although entitled to laugh like a drain at our demise and your contrasting success, I would also reckon that despite the way that Lowe treated you, you get no satisfaction from the situation, as you know how much it hurts us the ordinary fans. We applaud your success and I bet that you feel for us too.

I only wish we had an over rated Manager/Coach who knew what they were doing.;)

I'm not saying he isn't better than Wotte, but comparing the 2 records, when Pearson had a much superior side last season, they aren't that different. Leicester had the best team in that league by a country mile, so it really isn't that great an achievement.

I like the guy, but definitely an over-rated manager. Congrats Nigel all the same though.

No, he's definitely an underated manager. He has a presence about him and that'll stand him in good stead. He'll be a Premiership manager soon enough.

I'm not saying he isn't better than Wotte, but comparing the 2 records, when Pearson had a much superior side last season, they aren't that different. Leicester had the best team in that league by a country mile, so it really isn't that great an achievement.

But to me as an ageing Luvvie Dear...Nigel is a REAL man...A football MAN.:)

Edited by ottery st mary
spellin..keep copy the other illliterats

A lot of people on here regard him as the second coming, that's all.

And they are right. He is a manager destined for the top level. Leon and lawrie saw it, so do the majority of Saints fans. Only the few displaced Lowe supporters cannot see it and to be honest their judgement has been proved to be poor.

And they are right. He is a manager destined for the top level. Leon and lawrie saw it, so do the majority of Saints fans. Only the few displaced Lowe supporters cannot see it and to be honest their judgement has been proved to be poor.

Leon and Lawrie saw it?! They also thought that Dodd and Gorman taking over would be a good idea. That discounts anything you've come up with there.

I'm no Lowe supporter, and thank god he's gone, but that doesn't mean I have to think Pearson is a good manager (even though I do think he seems a proper good guy).

Not sure about that, the jury is completely out on whether NP will ever make a Prem manager. There's plenty of managers who have been promoted out of L1 and done very little else.

And people on here slag off the likes of Billy Davies ("what has he ever done" etc) when what he has "done" is ten times better than anything NP has achieved thus far.

The only way he will manage in the Prem is if he promotes a team to it, because there is no way any established Prem club would give him a job, much like Davies, or Dave Jones, or Mick McCarthy or Garry Johnson etc etc. Those guys will never get a chance unless they get promoted themselves.

However, if Steve Gibson likes what he sees there's a soon to be ex-Prem club looking for a manager soon and he is a ex-Boro player.....

I like the guy, but definitely an over-rated manager. Congrats Nigel all the same though.

Over-rated? By who? Seriously under-rated more like. Not only has he made a success at Leicester after building an almost entirely new team with youngsters/loanees, he has done what few others have done and lasted a complete season with Mandick. That has to be an achievement in itself.

Congrats also to CEO Lee Hoos who also made the move to Leicester and showed what a few suspected, that he was the only one of the Wilde bunch that actually came out of that sorry affair with some respect. Assuming he is still there of course ;-)

Not sure about that, the jury is completely out on whether NP will ever make a Prem manager. There's plenty of managers who have been promoted out of L1 and done very little else.

And people on here slag off the likes of Billy Davies ("what has he ever done" etc) when what he has "done" is ten times better than anything NP has achieved thus far.

The only way he will manage in the Prem is if he promotes a team to it, because there is no way any established Prem club would give him a job, much like Davies, or Dave Jones, or Mick McCarthy or Garry Johnson etc etc. Those guys will never get a chance unless they get promoted themselves.

However, if Steve Gibson likes what he sees there's a soon to be ex-Prem club looking for a manager soon and he is a ex-Boro player.....

Well there you go.;)...Newcastle believe that Shearer will only stay as Director of Football. Some say he will be gone to Southampton...ME.:)....and therefore Pearson will be team manager/coach whichever way....Info from a man up north called George.;).

Mind you I fully expect Purley and friends to retort with Newcastle are not ver good at selecting Managers or Coaches.:rolleyes:.....Although their first Team Coach is a Luxury Executive brand new all mod cons Coach. The best in the Premier..Allegedly.:D

Over-rated? By who? Seriously under-rated more like. Not only has he made a success at Leicester after building an almost entirely new team with youngsters/loanees, he has done what few others have done and lasted a complete season with Mandick. That has to be an achievement in itself.

Congrats also to CEO Lee Hoos who also made the move to Leicester and showed what a few suspected, that he was the only one of the Wilde bunch that actually came out of that sorry affair with some respect. Assuming he is still there of course ;-)

But they had the money and the impetus to bring in Championship quality loans, people like Jack Hobbs for instance, who would have been good enough for us, definitely.

I'm not saying he's not alright, but personally for me there are much better managers in that league at the moment. As said earlier, his record is not too dissimilar to Wotte's and he had a better team last season.

Leon and lawrie saw it

You've got to be kidding, they only hit the D&G panic button on the Sunday and the first phone call was to NP which was the first he'd even heard about it (despite Crouch's claims it was a "thorough process") - and the day after he was appointed manager. So let's at least call a spade a spade, NP was plucked from obscurity the same as JP and MW, had even less experience in management and had a similar record points/game record whilst in charge. I'm happy enough that the end result of scraping survival by 20 minutes justified those means at the time (despite us previously heading for the playoffs), but taking NP off Chris McMenemy's books was no more astute than taking on JP - they were unknowns and a gamble. After 13 matches there was little difference other than the fact NP left to be euligised on here whereas JP had to carry on - and nobody was that unhappy with JP after 13 matches either.

So yes, well done NP on getting Leicester, promoted, but so what? It's cringeworthy trying to make this some veiled "look at what we could have won" type analogy - different players, different finances, different league. And you know full well that if NP had been kept on and we were still in this position then you'd have a different tune - blaming lack of investment or not getting rid of him sooner, etc. I can't believe how many people are more interested in still trying to score points than in supporting SFC - all we need now is someone to start mentioning Lee Hoos and how we missed out on his abilities too...

Well done Nigel Pearson

Such a shame that Ruperts ego would not allow a Crouch appointment to stay in the job when he obviously had the ability to keep us in the Championship as far as I am concerned I was gutted when he left he would have kept us up and had the Balls to stand up to Rupert on playing matters the sad sad thing is with him in charge and the squad we have got I feel sure we would have done ok that is what hurts the most we had enough quality to stay up

You've got to be kidding, they only hit the D&G panic button on the Sunday and the first phone call was to NP which was the first he'd even heard about it (despite Crouch's claims it was a "thorough process") - and the day after he was appointed manager. So let's at least call a spade a spade, NP was plucked from obscurity the same as JP and MW, had even less experience in management and had a similar record points/game record whilst in charge. I'm happy enough that the end result of scraping survival by 20 minutes justified those means at the time (despite us previously heading for the playoffs), but taking NP off Chris McMenemy's books was no more astute than taking on JP - they were unknowns and a gamble. After 13 matches there was little difference other than the fact NP left to be euligised on here whereas JP had to carry on - and nobody was that unhappy with JP after 13 matches either.

So yes, well done NP on getting Leicester, promoted, but so what? It's cringeworthy trying to make this some veiled "look at what we could have won" type analogy - different players, different finances, different league. And you know full well that if NP had been kept on and we were still in this position then you'd have a different tune - blaming lack of investment or not getting rid of him sooner, etc. I can't believe how many people are more interested in still trying to score points than in supporting SFC - all we need now is someone to start mentioning Lee Hoos and how we missed out on his abilities too...

Completely agree, thank god someone isn't bending over ready... :D

Congratulations to NP and Leicester. A club model we should follow next season without any eccentric experiments.

Disappointing to see that this thread has also been invaded by the top angler fishing for bites. The thread is to congratulate NP not make petty snidey comments. Start a new one for that if you really feel the need.

Jonah your judgement has been shown to be flawed on financial matters so it's reasonable to suggest your judgement is flawed per se.