Congratulations to Nigel Pearson

SaintRobbie

By the way, at the start of the season, I predicted that Leicester would win League One, with Peterborough finishing in 2nd.

Leeds were my bet to win the playoffs too!

If only I'd put my money where my mouth was . . .

Re: Leicester, did they have wholesale squad changes, or is it essentially the same side that went down?

Congrats Nigel.

Kept Oakley, Fryatt & Howard and played them regularly, but rebuilt the rest of his team with judiscious loans and alot of home grown players.

He's done very well this season and have to say well done.

Hope we can emulate it next season.

Kept Oakley, Fryatt & Howard and played them regularly, but rebuilt the rest of his team with judiscious loans and alot of home grown players.

He's done very well this season and have to say well done.

Hope we can emulate it next season.

Were any of those young players?

Surely not;)

Well Done to Leicester........they saw what Saints board failed to see........ a man with experience , grit, discipline and the knowledge of what is required in a side to resurrect itself...............qualities that Saints have a big fat ZERO of in their squad

Well done Nigel Pearson, and well done to Lowe, who again with another failed experiment[but then the p**** has never known the first thing about football], to add

to the many other managerial **** ups he has made over the years.

For you Lowe fans I along with many fans at the time said dismissing Pearson was a terrible

mistake. Hey but that total p**** Lowe always new best.

Without a shadow of a doubt the single most stupid decision in the recent history of this club. To get rid of the established manager, riding on the crest of a last minute wave and replacing him with a man with no experience of British football whatsoever...

The fact that Pearson has gone on to raise a championship winning side just rubs massive salt in the wound...

Without a doubt the most stupid decision Lowe has ever made.... and there is really stiff competition...

Its always said a manager needs a good few months to settle in. We went into a very important season with a crack pot expriment, impementing a management set up with no idea of what english league football was all about, or any of the players in it!!

We all know why, Lowe was a control freak who never wanted a strong charachter leading the team, he doesn't like his ideas challenged.

The replacement of NP, and the use of a outright LIE to justify it, should mean Lowe should be tried for crimes against Sotonians.

That one act by Lowe was absolute disgrace, a tragedy of monumental proportions, all to spite Coruch and insert his authority. Just think if Pearson had been given the chance to build on what he started. That one decision is totally indefensible all you blinkered luvvies out there, you should all follow your fallen hero out of town, ashamed of yourselves for backing a dud.

Well Done NP had hoped at the start of the season this wouldn't come back to haunt us unfortunately it most certainly has. If Lowe had been big enough to keep him I don't think we'd be in this sorry mess now big assumption on my part I know but cant help thinking it IMHO.

I agree it is an assumption, and one that can never be proved one way or the other, but I don't think it's that big to assume we woud not be in the position we find ourselves in if Pearson would have stayed on.

In fact I think it's only Franks Cousin who thinks Pearson would have done just as bad.

So Pearson would have got the players in the Saints squad to play better.......fantasy land I'm afraid... Leicester have money, which is why they've got promotion, its that simple,

Yes, with the missing ingredients from this season

Motivation

A blend of youth and experience

Tactical Nous

Passion

So Pearson would have got the players in the Saints squad to play better.......fantasy land I'm afraid... Leicester have money, which is why they've got promotion, its that simple,

And you'l get the same reply you got when you popped up last time

This is what I found out when I looked at the team Pearson put out a couple of months ago:

Here's his side today:

4 loanees

11 of the squad are 23 or under (7 are 20 or under)

Martin - 23 (on loan)

Gilbert - 21 (on loan)

Morrison - 20 (new in)

Hobbs - 20 (on loan)

Berner - 31 (new in)

Oakley - 31

Andy King - 20

Cleverley - 19 (on loan)

Dyer - 26 (new in)

Fryatt - 22

Howard - 32

Subs:

Pentney - No age or data (but young)

Chambers - 18

Gradel - 21

Mattock - 18

Dickov - 134

Pearson has shown by his deeds that he is not averse to playing youngsters, nor wheeling and dealing on a small budget.

It was pretty obvious that he would be up for such a strategy, particularly when you look back to see he said the following not long after taking over:

On youth:

"A lot of my background is working with youngsters. I worked with the England youth teams for three years and I see the Academy as a massive part of the club.

On working with limited funds

"It will be a combination. The reality is there will be comings and goings, there is no doubt about that.

Economics will play a part and there will be some natural wastage as players come to the end of their contracts. Then it will be a case of finding players who fit the bill.

We need a side capable of getting success but which fits in with the financial situation. But we are not going to be splashing fortunes on players.

Even in the short time I have been here, I have been looking to see if we can get players on loan. Short-term is the immediate priority but I am looking long-term too."

On youth again, but how the relegation fight must be a priority

It cannot be my priority at the moment but it will get my total support in terms of fitting in with the philosophy of the club.

I have worked at clubs where the academy and first-team are separate entities and not integrated at all and those clubs are the poorer for it.

If you put the right effort into recruiting and developing the right players then it can save the club a lot of money on transfer fees."

Those that claim Pearson was only interested in big name players earning big name wages couldn't be more wrong, particularly when you look at his words and deeds in this area.

To suggest that Pearson would not have wanted to work here, despite all the evidence showing otherwise and also ignoring the fact that Poortvliet and Wotte were already lined up, is actually a daming indictment of Lowe.

Rather than support his footballing decisions you're actually making excuses for him because you know his first major decision was an absolute fck up.

The very fact that even his most ardent supporters make excuses and are embarassed by that decision speaks volumes.

He is a football expert unlike Wotte, JP and that useless idiot Lowe..So therefore selection, tactics,coaching etc would have been along the lines of preparing a team to play and win games in this league. He would have brought in from outside or from within the right blend of players on a shoestring...

Wotte, JP, and Lowe not a clue and that is why we are a very very poor side.

:mad:

Did you not take notice of Um's post last time? well look above to see it again.

Playing with youngsters and loans on a tight budget!