Ghostbusters

St Marco

Looks fun. No chance this will make the wii is there? :D

It's being launched on all existing platforms, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, xBox 360, Wii, DS, PSP and PC apparently, although the Wii and DS games have been tweaked to maximise use of the technology available.

• 2 weeks later...

Sony have paid for timed exclusive in europe for this game now so only the PS3 and PC versions will be available on 1st day. All the other versions will come out "later in the year". But it does not effect America so can just import from there if you not got a PS3 :)

Sony have paid for timed exclusive in europe for this game now so only the PS3 and PC versions will be available on 1st day. All the other versions will come out "later in the year". But it does not effect America so can just import from there if you not got a PS3 :)

Thats great news for all the Americans that post on this website.

Thats great news for all the Americans that post on this website.

Think all xbox games work in all regions if i remember right. So technically you could order from play usa or play asia and it will still work. In theory.

• 1 month later...

No, not by any means, requires a particular sata chipset pci card in your pc, you need to remove the dvd drive from the xbox and then plug it into your pc via the card and flash that way. Im gonna do this rather than send it away so give me a shout if you're stuck

So then those people who got it, what you think? any good?

I have yet to pick this up but might do as i loved the films and used to have some of the old games back in the day! Im guessing its not quite call of duty?

Everytime I hear the word 'ghostbusters' it makes me wanna say NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH at the top of my voice. Doesn't quite work on an internet forum.

Listen from 0.50 - 1.10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_O7yn0k8Fw

I used to jump from sofa to sofa in the lounge listening to this song when I was about 8.

Got it from Blockbusters yesterday. While it's not exactly the most realistic 3rd person shooter around it is still an awesome game. I think if your a huge fan of the series then you look past the faults. It is so much fun and that is what games are about. Just walking around the HQ is quality as filled with little things from the films that you can interact with like for example the picture of vigo, who talks to you. Some classic Ghostbusters humour in here. So if your a fan your love it.

Another thing is Eurogamer slated the PS3 version saying it was a poor port etc, but in all honesty having now played for a few hours i can't see any problems. The only annoying thing is the instal but hey you only do that once!

If you havent done it already, turn of yer sixaxis motion controls. One of my finest moments in gaming wrestling with a slimer to drag him into the box. Also, turn up sound effects to maximum relative to everything else.

• 3 weeks later...
No, not by any means, requires a particular sata chipset pci card in your pc, you need to remove the dvd drive from the xbox and then plug it into your pc via the card and flash that way. Im gonna do this rather than send it away so give me a shout if you're stuck

Did you have any joy with updating firmware ?

Looked at sending it away - works out around £30 but will probably need another update in a few weeks anyway.

Looked at various forums & youtube & it looks a right nightmare.

Mate advised that he has trying to get hold of some tool that works with Xbox & allows you to update but has yet to get hold of it...have you heard it such a thing exists ?

Got it from Blockbusters yesterday. While it's not exactly the most realistic 3rd person shooter around it is still an awesome game. I think if your a huge fan of the series then you look past the faults. It is so much fun and that is what games are about. Just walking around the HQ is quality as filled with little things from the films that you can interact with like for example the picture of vigo, who talks to you. Some classic Ghostbusters humour in here. So if your a fan your love it.

Another thing is Eurogamer slated the PS3 version saying it was a poor port etc, but in all honesty having now played for a few hours i can't see any problems. The only annoying thing is the instal but hey you only do that once!

you love it...:rolleyes:

Did you have any joy with updating firmware ?

Looked at sending it away - works out around £30 but will probably need another update in a few weeks anyway.

Looked at various forums & youtube & it looks a right nightmare.

Mate advised that he has trying to get hold of some tool that works with Xbox & allows you to update but has yet to get hold of it...have you heard it such a thing exists ?

Have got the required hardware and am having a crack this evening. Happy to do yours for free if it works, but you'll have to drive up to eastleigh way...

you love it...:rolleyes:

Have a read of it http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-360-vs-ps3-face-off-round-20

Pretty damning stuff, especially as one runs at 518,400 pixels and another at 921,600 pixels. The way they make it sound it is like comparing a Playstation 2 era game to a next gen game. Anyone who has actually played it knows this not to be true, the game is great just like i said.

But guess you only read the parts that interest you right TDD ;)

Have got the required hardware and am having a crack this evening. Happy to do yours for free if it works, but you'll have to drive up to eastleigh way...

Cheers baj, you are a star !

Did you have joy with your update ?

I am in process of paying my fiver so will send you a PM in due course

Finally patched my Xbox drives firmware and giving it a crack now.

Ps., if anyone else wants their xbox dvd firmware 'sorted', its not illegal, just PM me (but dont ask where to get the games from because i wont reply).