20/20 today

mightysaints

Very strange on Cricinfo, they seem miles behind with the score ? I believe the game started at 2.30pm, 5 minutes ago it just said Sussex were batting first, then 1-0 off 1 ball, then 17/2 off 3.3 and now 50/3 off 7.4. I suspect though the innings is finished ! Oh it's 57/3 off 9.2 now!

Great team performance once again....we certainly have some great youngsters coming through. Razza bowled superbly and a great knock from Jimmy Adams saw us home comfortably.

The main thing I have noticed this season is how good our fielding and catching is compared to other seasons - we must of worked very hard on this.

Yes it seems like an excellent performance. Giles White was talking about Hants and 20/20 on the ECB website:

http://www.ecb.co.uk/news/domestic/twenty20-cup/white-targets-twenty20-improvement,305542,EN.html

“I don’t think we’re far away, we’re in a tough division but we’ll be looking to qualify and obviously be successful in that competition.”

The southern group certainly looks the toughest on paper - with Surrey, Kent and Middlesex all having won the trophy before, and Sussex and Essex both having reached finals day in the past. But White believes Hampshire have enough fire power to go all the way.

“I believe that if we stay fit, the bowlers stay fit, and international calls are kindish to us then I think we can challenge by the end of the season,” he said.

“You go into a season always looking to win things and I don’t see that it’s any different this year.”

Edited by chrisobee

Never had any problems taking beer in before, but I didnt go much last season. My mates and I will be taking some today. Good luck to any man who tries to relieve the Portski of his beerskis.

No clubs will allow alcohol to be brought onto the premises by those attending games. It is not down to the individual clubs but a directive.

Search teams are employed at the turnstiles and any alcohol confiscated or entry refused if there is a refusal to give it up.

This applies to 20/20 games only at present. If in doubt please contact the RoseBowl for clarification.

Great win today. Some excellent individual performances but a real team effort in the field was the building blocks to a compehensive win against our nearest rivals.

Dimi is available for Surrey away tomorrow and Sussex away on Friday but no Matt Prior for Sussex :D

But I wouldn't know who to drop to give him a place in the team

And more good news, courtesy of Sussex's win against Surrey today, we are now top of the Southern Division on NRR :D

Dimi is available for Surrey away tomorrow and Sussex away on Friday but no Matt Prior for Sussex :D

But I wouldn't know who to drop to give him a place in the team

And more good news, courtesy of Sussex's win against Surrey today, we are now top of the Southern Division on NRR :D

Excellent, Dimi will of course play. I wonder if they might leave out Liam Dawson unless it's a pitch conducive to spin though we have Tahir and Carberry anyway ?

They will leave out Hamza Riazuddin.

Which would be pretty harsh given his performances so far, IMO.

Dawson didn't get a bowl on Monday for some bizarre reason, Pothas elected to give Ervine 4 overs who then went for 39 runs :rolleyes:

Weather's looking distinctly dodgy for tonight's game, which is a pain as I'm going to it! :mad:

Dawson didn't get a bowl on Monday for some bizarre reason, Pothas elected to give Ervine 4 overs who then went for 39 runs :rolleyes:

Weather's looking distinctly dodgy for tonight's game, which is a pain as I'm going to it! :mad:

Think the weather might be a bit iffy but should be a good chance of playing. On the selection front I was thinking that KP would be available and then I remembered he was injured!

Dawson will play. Hamza was in the side for Dimi.

Bowled well, batted reasonably until 90/3 then collapsed rather spectacularly against fairly average bowling.

The two run-outs by Schofield were a bit good, to be fair.

Seemed a relatively large Hampshire-supporting contingent there as well - special mention to the mentalist dressed as a beer bottle :lol: