suggestion for music before game starts.

dickyhale

right, hello saints fans. i have been going to allmost every home and away game for southampton for the last 5 years. as i have seen we have good support when we go away. but when ive seen other clubs at home and there support i think ours it terrible. i think this is because of the music they play at the stadiums. the type of music what gets the crould going. here is my choice of songs what i think will get our support as southampton FC to get our support up! COYR

1) hi ho silver linging - midlands song but i reckon this will do good for southampton

2)come over to my place timmy, were having a party.

3)Ring of Fire

4)we shall not be moved

5)oh when the saints go marching in

6)twelve - tom hark

7)queen - we will rock you

8 )The Final Countdown By Europe

9)footballs coming home. -not sure if this is the real name of it =-edit-= back home.

10)allways look on the bright side of life

11) who the **** are man utd (change to what eva team we play)

12)those where the days my friend

13) -this isnt much to do with football its more to do with repect- titanic my heart will go on. titanic left OUR city.

thats about all.

hope you enjoy reading this post.

please comment on what should be changed eg what songs should be removed

what songs should be added. hope this is whats going to be played before all saints games.

EDIT more songs for the saints fans so far. in 1 day! keep you comments and stuff comming.

Terry Wogan singing The Floral Dance

The Saw Doctors - To Win Just Once

we bleed these colours

Irish Rover - Dubliners / Teh Pogues.

****les and Mussels

Metallica - Seek and Destroy

Rupert the Bear.

steamroller by the family cat

Steamroller

I Should Be So Lucky

Glory Days

Woolston Ferry

the saints are coming

Edited by dickyhale
keep the post active

right, hello saints fans. i have been going to allmost every home and away game for southampton for the last 5 years. as i have seen we have good support when we go away. but when ive seen other clubs at home and there support i think ours it terrible. i think this is because of the music they play at the stadiums. the type of music what gets the crould going. here is my choice of songs what i think will get our support as southampton FC to get our support up! COYR

1) hi ho silver linging - midlands song but i reckon this will do good for southampton

3)Ring of Fire

4)we shall not be moved

6)twelve - tom hark

9)footballs coming home. -not sure if this is the real name of it =-edit-= back home.

13) -this isnt much to do with football its more to do with repect- titanic my heart will go on. titanic left OUR city.

thats about all.

what songs should be added. hope this is whats going to be played before all saints games.

Terry Wogan singing The Floral Dance. O.K. the song is Cornish but I think that there would be enough Irishness there.

im actually getting quite emotional at the new daniel merriweather song!!

"you took something perfect and painted it red..."

*embarassed smiley thing*

also i do think this new 'we bleed these colours' song does need to be played as the teams walk out at the start. would maybe start to show that this club has a little bit of history behind it

but when ive seen other clubs at home and there support i think ours it terrible.

Did you not go to Watford away last season!?!?!?! Their home support was truly atrocious, only cheered for about 5 seconds when they scored, then sat back down again. I heard one really faint song from the opposite end and that was it. We sang to them "You're supposed to be at home" and "We forgot that you were here" and it was spot on. Our support is not terrible, it may not be as good as clubs with glory hunting fans but if you want terrible go to a mid-week Watford game at Vicarage Road. That is terrible.

Yeah and we should have one song that is played everytime we score/before the game starts/after the game which everyone can get to know and can clap along to or something. Like Crystal Palace for example from when I've been there.

And with your idea, dickyhale, if you were at Forest, they did a similar sort of thing with songs that mean something to their area, eg. the Robin Hood themetune lol. I think that is also a good idea

this song was written by saints fans all about the joy of welcoming the team on to the pitch

(excuse the crappy picture quality, you can make out the classic style saints top though)

'and the saints are playing at home today, and the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiints!'

(can we lock the thread now please)

and as much as i appreciate the effert made by the iffy celtic-rock band by writing a tune, come on, if we played that i'll be on the phone to the FA demanding more points are docked ;)

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Will never beat the Albion Band playing "oh when the Saints" , we have our own song, we have had it for years not like teams like West Brom, Stoke and Hull who have invented one

why change ?

They were all in their 90s thirty-odd years ago, or am I thinking of the New Orleans jazz outfit that used to play on the pitch at the Dell?

It should be one vision by queen like it used to be at the dell! The build up of the song and then the guitars kicking in as the players came out gave me goosepimples everytime.

Agree with this. It was a bit special. Some years ago at The Dell they used "Fanfare for the Common Man" by Emerson, Lake and Palmer. This was quite effective too. This was for some Reserves and Youth games.

What always ended with a hand clap?

In Dublin's fair city, where the girls are so pretty

I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone

As she wheeled her wheel-barrow

Through streets broad and narrow

Singing clapclapclapclapclap clapclapclapclap DAVIES

As I remember?

Will never beat the Albion Band playing "oh when the Saints" , we have our own song, we have had it for years not like teams like West Brom, Stoke and Hull who have invented one

why change ?

Spot on mate, spot on.

This is a great league for the trad stuff like that, and I bet there would be a few proud brass players just aching to get out there and rouse the crowd. For personal reasons it would bring a tear to my eye too.

save the Metallica/Prodigy/Peter Kay **** for goal celebrations.

this song was written by saints fans all about the joy of welcoming the team on to the pitch

(excuse the crappy picture quality, you can make out the classic style saints top though)

'and the saints are playing at home today, and the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiints!'

(can we lock the thread now please)

and as much as i appreciate the effert made by the iffy celtic-rock band by writing a tune, come on, if we played that i'll be on the phone to the FA demanding more points are docked ;)

Jeff, I know that it is your turn to be Frank, but please allow me one more moment of Frankness here please?

I don't know what words the lad is singing there, but what a bloomin' row! In the big scheme of things, YOU OWE ME 3 minutes and 57 seconds. I will let you off teh buffering time as that is purely dwon to my slow connection.

3)Ring of Fire

4)we shall not be moved

6)twelve - tom hark

thats about all.

EDIT more songs for the saints fans so far. in 1 day! keep you comments and stuff comming.

Terry Wogan singing The Floral Dance

The Saw Doctors - To Win Just Once

we bleed these colours

Irish Rover - Dubliners / Teh Pogues.

****les and Mussels

Metallica - Seek and Destroy

Rupert the Bear.

Steamroller

I Should Be So Lucky

Glory Days

Woolston Ferry

the saints are coming

NONE, thanks.

Sorry to be a miserable cxnt but this has to go down as one of the most miserable days of many thousand miserable days as a Saints fan.

The last thing I want to (re)discuss is what song we will come out to next season rather than what players or what stadium we will have left or even what league or nowhere a f'ing all.

As for the original suggested versions they have depressed me almost as much as the rest of the day's news (and lack of) for their utterly uninspired or original nature AND I would far rather have no f'ing music anyway apart from me and my fellow fans singing our arses off (if that is biologically possible).

Sorry, it's been a really really ****e day on the football front (what with the Pxmpey news and the hours of trawling for news of our plight) so this thread has turned me from bloody depressed to nearly suicidal :-(

Sorry to be a miserable cxnt but this has to go down as one of the most miserable days of many thousand miserable days as a Saints fan.

The last thing I want to (re)discuss is what song we will come out to next season rather than what players or what stadium we will have left or even what league or nowhere a f'ing all.

As for the original suggested versions they have depressed me almost as much as the rest of the day's news (and lack of) for their utterly uninspired or original nature AND I would far rather have no f'ing music anyway apart from me and my fellow fans singing our arses off (if that is biologically possible).

Sorry, it's been a really really ****e day on the football front (what with the Pxmpey news and the hours of trawling for news of our plight) so this thread has turned me from bloody depressed to nearly suicidal :-(

Not a "glass-half-full" sort of chap then?