Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What do you drive.. Pics

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post

I wasn't going to get a 207 , I wanted a Focus, but I had a hire car for a week when my old Saxo decided to die on me, and it was a 207, which I got on very well with.

I do like it, but I still think I'll plump for a Focus as my next car.
    Six years later, my 207 died and I stuck to my word and bought...

Granted it's not as good as other cars on this thread but it suits me! Second best car I've ever owned after my Mk 2 Golf. (Which was basic as hell but fun to drive. ) I don't know what I ever did without Bluetooth in the car and rear parking sensors! My 207 was a decent car and very little went wrong with it until the end but I think even now I should've got a Focus back then. Hey ho. This time I was torn between the Focus and the Civic. I think I made the right choice.

Six years later, my 207 died and I stuck to my word and bought...

Granted it's not as good as other cars on this thread but it suits me! Second best car I've ever owned after my Mk 2 Golf. (Which was basic as hell but fun to drive. ) I don't know what I ever did without Bluetooth in the car and rear parking sensors! My 207 was a decent car and very little went wrong with it until the end but I think even now I should've got a Focus back then. Hey ho. This time I was torn between the Focus and the Civic. I think I made the right choice.
    Is it that exact car? Looks nice. Is it from imperial car supermarket (or one similar, looks like their type of picture!)

Quote Originally Posted by SO16_Saint View Post
    Is it that exact car? Looks nice. Is it from imperial car supermarket (or one similar, looks like their type of picture!)
    IDK where the photo went, but while that wasn't my car, it is an exact copy, alloys and all. Same age too, same colour. (I also got mine from Car Giant, that use that type of photo.) My American friend got in it recently and remarked how small it was! Mind you she's a biggun and used to the tanks they drive over there!

One day I'll create mini-me's, and actually buy a bigger, more executive car, but until I successfully impregnate my wife (or someone else, depends on whether I change my views on monogamy) I'm happy in a large(ish) hatchback.

IDK where the photo went, but while that wasn't my car, it is an exact copy, alloys and all. Same age too, same colour. (I also got mine from Car Giant, that use that type of photo.) My American friend got in it recently and remarked how small it was! Mind you she's a biggun and used to the tanks they drive over there!

One day I'll create mini-me's, and actually buy a bigger, more executive car, but until I successfully impregnate my wife (or someone else, depends on whether I change my views on monogamy) I'm happy in a large(ish) hatchback.
    Car Giant, cool. I've bought a car from them in the past (White City?) and have nothing but good things to say about them.... they're complete sales people and try to sell you everything under the sun, but the cars are well priced and looked after.

Quote Originally Posted by SO16_Saint View Post
    Car Giant, cool. I've bought a car from them in the past (White City?) and have nothing but good things to say about them.... they're complete sales people and try to sell you everything under the sun, but the cars are well priced and looked after.
    Yep White City. The selection is hideously big - I was there for hours looking around, confusing myself more than I already was, but to be fair, they're a well-oiled machine that just wants to sell you a car and move on to the next customer. Everyone I dealt with was very helpful. There are probably better places to buy a second hand car, but I would use them again for efficiency. The downside to them is how quick the cars do fly off the shelf - and if you've seen one you like on Autotrader (for example) you need to act fast to get it. The car I wanted, the Honda Civic, had been sold when I got there and it had barely been on Autotrader for a week.

6. Default

Focus's are great cars, had a 56 plate Focus for about 5/6 years. Only got my new one last year - ST3 model (65 plate)

The colour (stealth, they call it) is a bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it. I think it's great though, once it's polished up and given a fine detail is looks a dream.

I'll probably get another Focus as my next car, maybe something a 'tad' cheaper as whilst this is fun whilst i'm young, I won't be able to afford running it forever! (26-30mpg is all i can get..!)

Got myself one of these a few months ago - not overly quick but a lovely car to drive, loads of kit and huge amount of space for a family...

8. Default

These are my wheels, just love the usefulness of it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Default

Also I've got this ....

And another car purchased for the wife...

(Obviously a press pic)

Quote Originally Posted by Lastman73 View Post
    Also I've got this ....

Lovely!!

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Lovely!!
    Yeah she is, not the best photo mind. Next time I'm down on her (ooer) I will take a better photo and post it up!

Range Rover Sport autobiography

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    Range Rover Sport autobiography
    Drug trade good at the moment then?

Picked this up last week

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mehball View Post
    Picked this up last week

Skoda's are a vehicle originally made in the Czech Republic. The word skoda in Czech means..."SHAME"!

Skoda's are a vehicle originally made in the Czech Republic. The word skoda in Czech means..."SHAME"!
    It is actually an acronym for the czech phrase "Why buy an AUDI when you can get the same car with a different badge for half the price".

Mehball, good choice. If my wife had had her way we'd have got a VRS instead of the SCOUT 4x4 estate.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    It is actually an acronym for the czech phrase "Why buy an AUDI when you can get the same car with a different badge for half the price".

Mehball, good choice. If my wife had had her way we'd have got a VRS instead of the SCOUT 4x4 estate.
    I was not criticising the vehicle, just pointing out the meaning of the word!!

I was not criticising the vehicle, just pointing out the meaning of the word!!

In the same way that Ford is 'shallow and wet' ?

20. Default

In the same way that Ford is 'shallow and wet' ?
    lol exactly

lol exactly

And Seat is 'something you sit on'.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Drug trade good at the moment then?
    wouldnt know, but as you have the Merc I assume you are doing well driving a taxi

Answer: Because, if buying new and owning for typical 3 year period before selling on, the higher residual value of the Audi as a % of the original purchase price is likely to result in a total ownership cost which is nowhere near twice that of the Skoda.

Quote Originally Posted by sotonjoe View Post
    Answer: Because, if buying new and owning for typical 3 year period before selling on, the higher residual value of the Audi as a % of the original purchase price is likely to result in a total ownership cost which is nowhere near twice that of the Skoda.
    Not when I got £10k off list price brand new. Audi wouldn't do anywhere near that discount.

Top spec vRS with DSG and loads of toys came in at £19k. First year depreation from new more than covered.

Not when I got £10k off list price brand new. Audi wouldn't do anywhere near that discount.

Top spec vRS with DSG and loads of toys came in at £19k. First year depreation from new more than covered.
    Assume they are clearing the stock with the facelift Octavia coming out this year? Is it a 230?

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    wouldnt know, but as you have the Merc I assume you are doing well driving a taxi
    Ha, touche!

Been looking at getting one of these for a while.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get such a good deal?

Whatever your preferred set of wheels for driving around Southampton may be, it could soon be a good idea to think twice before doing so in a diesel:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/in...35-urban-areas

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPEL END CHARLIE View Post
    Whatever your preferred set of wheels for driving around Southampton may be, it could soon be a good idea to think twice before doing so in a diesel:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/in...35-urban-areas
    Ridiculous idea. If they want to cut pollution they should just turn off all the traffic lights. As a minimum they could allow left-on-red, that wouldn't cost anything.

Just in case, my wife has now replaced her 11year old 1.5 Clio turbo diesel with a Suzuki SZ2 petrol. Zero Vehicle Duty too.

This was a deal via my employer so basically get the same discount as military. If you go via drivethedeal.com you can get a good discount.

anyone lease their car?
    thinking of going down that route next time

Having just turned 60, I am seriously (and I mean really seriously) looking at the new Bonneville T120.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hutch View Post
    Having just turned 60, I am seriously (and I mean really seriously) looking at the new Bonneville T120.

Tell me I'm wrong.
    You're wrong. I have a care home near me where they have people who thought buying a motrobike was a fun idea

I've upgraded from the faithful old CitroŽn C4 that was reaching the end of its life to a 2008 Mk4 Mondeo in poverty "Zetec" spec - with a new MOT and just 63k on the clock. Like most modern Fords these things have earned themselves a reputation for being decent driver's cars and after spending a few weeks now behind the wheel of one I can confirm that evaluation is well deserved. Indeed, this car rides, handles and steers just as well - if not better - than any mid-market BMW or Mercedes of the same era - and I've driven many a 3 Series or C Class over the years at work. Another advantage is that the Ford is certainly one hell of a lot of car for the money - you could rent the boot out as holiday accommodation and however tall you are back seat passengers will still have plenty of leg room. Indeed this car is bigger than the old Granada of the past and has all the kit you will ever really need - including voice activated controls of dubious utility.

While most Mondeos you see on the road tend to be diesel powered mine is a petrol because being a low annual mileage and (mostly) urban driver I don't really need a diesel and I value the less complex (and hence more reliable hopefully) petrol engine over the better MPG and increased torque on offer from diesel power - Ford oil burners don't have a terribly good reputation and all diesels now are burdened will emission kit that tends to go expensively wrong over time. Yes for many drivers a modest 125 BHP engine in such a substantial car would result in a vehicle that is too slow for their tastes, but as age has transformed me from boy racer into a laterday 'Captain Slow' this really doesn't bother me very much - she keeps up with traffic okay and after a while you get used to dropping down a gear (or two) on steep hills! Driven sensibly this Mondeo does about 39 MPG in town - much the same as my previous car in fact.

I got this particular car at a VERY reasonable price too because it is actually a 'Cat C' insurance write-off. I've never taken a gamble like this with a car before, but I know this Mondeo has been professionally repaired by a reputable body shop - I have a photo showing that all it needed was a new front bumper and one headlight - and at something like half price I feel this is a risk worth taking. Yes being a write-off I know it will therefore be worth less when the time comes to sell it in a few years time, but by then it will be a pretty cheap car anyway I suppose. Other issues are road noise (which I put down to the crappy budget tyres someone has put on it) and a standard of build quality that does not exactly match that of the Lexus IS200 I once owned - there is a rattle in the door that is annoying and will have to be sorted. One of the alloys will also have to be refurbished or replaced.

But all in all I'm very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by hutch View Post

Tell me I'm wrong.
    I'm 68 and still love my Civic Type R. It gets some seriously hard driving too. 😀

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk