20/20 - V Essex

Um Bongo

If Cricinfo is correct, Hampshire have made a huge 219-2.

Michael Lumb hit 124 off of just 69 balls, 14x4's and 4x6's.

Good score, hopefully the bowlers will do alright.

Must be close to our highest ever 20/20 score ? Surely Lumb's 124 is a best for Hants.

Essex 15-3 :)

Sussex won via the stupid DL method. They made 131-3. Kent 61-0 off 11 when bad light ended play ?? I assume the floodlights failed? Anyway a "win" for Sussex by 2 runs, I know who I would have had at long odds on to win and it was not them. At their ground as well, highly suspicious if it was floodlight failure !!

Edited by chrisobee
Spelling

Sussex won via the stupid DL method. They made 131-3. Kent 61-0 off 11 when bad light ended play ?? I assume the floodlights failed? Anyway a "win" for Sussex by 2 runs, I know who I would have had at long odds on to win and it was not them. At their ground as well, highly suspicious if it was floodlight failure !!

One set at one end of the ground were working, the other set at the other wern't.

Sussex brought on their fast bowler in the 11th, while in the lead and the umpires finished play due to the bad light.

Bit of good captaining + Dodgey lights.

One set at one end of the ground were working, the other set at the other wern't.

Sussex brought on their fast bowler in the 11th, while in the lead and the umpires finished play due to the bad light.

Bit of good captaining + Dodgey lights.

Well it's a disgraceful result and I have a feeling we might not have heard the last of this.

Lumb's innings was absolutely amazing. It wasn't slogging, he just hit every bowler all round the park. At his best against Kaneira, who is a top leggie. When you take Lumb's recent form into account, you have to ask what Luke Wright is doing in the England team, when he could have been at Hove mending a fuse. :D

Oh well he will just have to play for us instead. :smt041. Such a shame Sky wern't there to cover it, but presumably Ian Ward had to go and visit his dear old mum. :mad:

Well Jans Vaarsveld was very philosophical about it. I have to say for me there is something that just seems to go against the spirit of the game.

Ultimately, while Sussex certainly employed a fair bit of gainsmanship as soon as they were ahead on D/L, Kent knew exactly where they had to be after every over and having seen the re-run on Sky this morning, Paul Allott was spot-on when he said that the batsmen were being over-cautious, and they paid the price for it.

Ultimately, while Sussex certainly employed a fair bit of gainsmanship as soon as they were ahead on D/L, Kent knew exactly where they had to be after every over and having seen the re-run on Sky this morning, Paul Allott was spot-on when he said that the batsmen were being over-cautious, and they paid the price for it.

They knew the lights had failed before the Sussex innings, so they could maybe have played a 15 over game instead, as they knew they would have to finish by 9ish.

Must be close to our highest ever 20/20 score ? Surely Lumb's 124 is a best for Hants.

Essex 15-3 :)

Our second highest according to the announcer at the Rosey. Absolutley superb innings of cricket, especially Lumb. Some spectacular boundaries, but the batsmen also ran really well between the wickets, turning singles in to twos with great frequency.

2 or 3 dropped catches by Essex didnt really help there cause. And with the bat, they just didnt have an answer to the chase we set them.

Lumb's innings was absolutely amazing. It wasn't slogging, he just hit every bowler all round the park. At his best against Kaneira, who is a top leggie. When you take Lumb's recent form into account, you have to ask what Luke Wright is doing in the England team, when he could have been at Hove mending a fuse. :D

Oh well he will just have to play for us instead. :smt041. Such a shame Sky wern't there to cover it, but presumably Ian Ward had to go and visit his dear old mum. :mad:

He looked pretty handy against the West Indies on Wednesday, I almost started a Luke Wright thread!...