David McGoldrick

Arizona

most people on here are clueless, and quite clearly know nothing about the tactics in football. DM will be a much better central forward than any other in the squad. Rasiak, i have never rated, **** target man, **** work rate, **** movement, **** touch. could go on, john is in a similar boat and neither can play as the central forward in this formation. DM will come good he has the ability and this formation will suit his style. The youngsters are much better footballers than the older players, just have to take a look at the way they stroke the ball around, can you really see rasiak and john passing and moving? **** no!

most people on here are clueless, and quite clearly know nothing about the tactics in football. DM will be a much better central forward than any other in the squad. Rasiak, i have never rated, **** target man, **** work rate, **** movement, **** touch. could go on, john is in a similar boat and neither can play as the central forward in this formation. DM will come good he has the ability and this formation will suit his style. The youngsters are much better footballers than the older players, just have to take a look at the way they stroke the ball around, can you really see rasiak and john passing and moving? **** no!

Hard to tell at this moment. Rasiak and John are both proven CCC and international players. If DM score more than 20 goals and get more than 5 assists this season, then he is better. The youngsters look like very good footballers but that doesn't mean Saganowski, Euell, etc are very poor. Saganowski scored 10 goals in half season for the play-off season, Euell is one of the good candidates since the arrival of NP.

I don't see Rasiak and John moving and passing a lot, but did you ever see Rasiak 's constant clinical finishing particularly the goal against Derby away? Did you see all the amazing goals that John scored especially the goal at home against Hull, Sheffield United, etc.

An nice idea, but you do seem to be overlooking a few things.

1) Callum Davenport, Jelle Van Damme, Darren Kenton, Gary Monk, Leon best and several other equally notable players were all young when they played for us.

2) I cannot recall a young player who has matched Rasiak or Beattie's scoring record. Similarly we haven't had a better defensive partnership in recent times thatn Claus and Killer. We have had decent young players, but the very best have all tended to be mid to late 20s.

I know Kenton was ****e but he's no spring chicken - class of '78.

Hard to tell at this moment. Rasiak and John are both proven CCC and international players. If DM score more than 20 goals and get more than 5 assists this season, then he is better. The youngsters look like very good footballers but that doesn't mean Saganowski, Euell, etc are very poor. Saganowski scored 10 goals in half season for the play-off season, Euell is one of the good candidates since the arrival of NP.

I don't see Rasiak and John moving and passing a lot, but did you ever see Rasiak 's constant clinical finishing particularly the goal against Derby away? Did you see all the amazing goals that John scored especially the goal at home against Hull, Sheffield United, etc.

did you not read what i said? in this formation rasiak and john would be ****. never rated rasiak in any formation, would play john over him any day. but in this formation DM is the best candidate we have in the squad. The senior players don't play footbal in the way this formation needs it. saga could possibly be used, but i would prefer BWP to be playing ahead of him this season as i think he will bag 10-15 goals. Euell has nothing on lallana and the more games lallana plays the better the player he will become. Rasiak clinical finishing? let my grandmother stand in teh penalty box for 90 mins and i'm sure she will stick one in the net. But you clearly don't see the point i am making or understand tactics otherwise you would know and see that John and Rasiak are not contenders to fill the central role in this formation.

Getting back on topic, in the latest DM article on the OS, it states that he could one day play for England. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought DM was Irish and has already played for the Irish kids? Or am I thinking of someone else?

did you not read what i said? in this formation rasiak and john would be ****. never rated rasiak in any formation, would play john over him any day. but in this formation DM is the best candidate we have in the squad. The senior players don't play footbal in the way this formation needs it. saga could possibly be used, but i would prefer BWP to be playing ahead of him this season as i think he will bag 10-15 goals. Euell has nothing on lallana and the more games lallana plays the better the player he will become. Rasiak clinical finishing? let my grandmother stand in teh penalty box for 90 mins and i'm sure she will stick one in the net. But you clearly don't see the point i am making or understand tactics otherwise you would know and see that John and Rasiak are not contenders to fill the central role in this formation.

Thanks for posting David and good luck with your goal scoring attempts for us this year. I tried reading your previous post but with so many asterix's it was a little difficult.

I agree entirely regarding Lallana and I believe he could become quite a player in the future. If, as you said, and I tend to agree, we need a certain type of player to fit in with the new style and formation then for me it has to be Saga up front. He's shown what he can do but suffered at the mismanagement of Burley last year.

You hear what was said, you read what was written.

HTH

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10407

Not sure why the New Management feels the need to 'big up' mcgoaldrick every chance they get. I didn't think self-belief was one of his problems. He's done well this pre-season but is a long way from the finished article.

Either way, I hope he gets a decent run even if he doesn't score in the first couple of weeks of the season. But I'd still be bringing on an alternative up front during the second half.

I now realise Barto is the only poster on here who knows anything about tactics or football in general, but funnily enough I still rate Rasiak's ability to put the ball in the back of the net.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10407

Not sure why the New Management feels the need to 'big up' mcgoaldrick every chance they get. I didn't think self-belief was one of his problems. He's done well this pre-season but is a long way from the finished article.

Either way, I hope he gets a decent run even if he doesn't score in the first couple of weeks of the season. But I'd still be bringing on an alternative up front during the second half.

I now realise Barto is the only poster on here who knows anything about tactics or football in general, but funnily enough I still rate Rasiak's ability to put the ball in the back of the net.

Possibly because John, Saga and Rasiak are all off and BWP is garbage. Could be wrong though.

I know Kenton was ****e but he's no spring chicken - class of '78.

You're right, 25 when we signed him. For some reason I thought he was younger than that.

• 1 year later...

As a youngster in youth and reserves..I really thought he was going to be a good player....He was coached and placed regularly in the first team by the Dutch boyzz who were hell bent on playing all the youth on strict orders.....Obviously failed big time.

But mighty Mac believed and still believes he is far better than he is......stopped learning, listening and progressing.......He is putting on or appears to be carrying excess weight...Next season will be his crossroads or he will be playing for Kettering or Hinckley pretty soon.

17 starts and 16 sub appearances would suggest he's more of a bit part player for them. Only 3 goals, but I suppose that's reasonable enough if he is being used as a midfielder.

He hasn't appeared at all in 13 matches this season inc cups, and hasn't started a home game for Forest since 7th November. He also hasn't scored this year.

Seems to get a start fairly often away, which suggests he only gets picked to play in the hole when they play 4-4-1-1 away.

I'm shocked there's a McGoldrick thread in existence where I haven't already said he's rubbish. No awareness, too slow on the ball, usually bobbles his shots, poor control, nothing in the air and passing isn't up to much either. Would not have a hope in hell of getting in our current side.

He hasn't appeared at all in 13 matches this season inc cups, and hasn't started a home game for Forest since 7th November. He also hasn't scored this year.

Seems to get a start fairly often away, which suggests he only gets picked to play in the hole when they play 4-4-1-1 away.

I'm shocked there's a McGoldrick thread in existence where I haven't already said he's rubbish. No awareness, too slow on the ball, usually bobbles his shots, poor control, nothing in the air and passing isn't up to much either. Would not have a hope in hell of getting in our current side.

And he looks like Turk from Scrubs.

Yeah my barber is a season-ticket holder. He described McGoldrick as lazy.

I'm surprised he hasn't had it tattooed on his forehead to save people pointing it out to him 28_F.

I'm still not quite over seeing him standing on the halfway line and watching a colleague intercept a loose pass between the last two defenders, dribble 30 yards into the box and look for the simple cross and tap-in finish, only to discover McGoldrick still stood in the centre circle.

Obviously. I mean, only the top scorer at the club. Shocking. I mean, his goals were only the reason we stayed in the league until we did. Terrible.

Not the greatest achievement when you consider:

a) He played every game

b) That total only added up to about 13 goals

c) He was often the lone striker in a 4-2-3-1 fomation

d) He was competing with Euell, BWP, Pekhart and Robertson for the honour.

e) Lambert is on for trebling his total this season if he gets another half dosen goals.

Not the greatest achievement when you consider:

a) He played every game

b) That total only added up to about 13 goals

c) He was often the lone striker in a 4-2-3-1 fomation

d) He was competing with Euell, BWP, Pekhart and Robertson for the honour.

e) Lambert is on for trebling his total this season if he gets another half dosen goals.

Compare the team that McGoldrick played in with the team Lambert is playing in. He is no Lambert but he did and does not deserve the opprobrium being poured on him on this and that rather sad "hate" thread.

Yeah my barber is a season-ticket holder. He described McGoldrick as lazy.

my brother inlaw is also a ST holder up there and he says exactly the same. Mind you he forged that opinion when watching him at our place. I thank him, and David Pleat for the £1.25m every time his name comes up.

Obviously. I mean, only the top scorer at the club. Shocking. I mean, his goals were only the reason we stayed in the league until we did. Terrible.

Sorry bud...You missed my point......The youth policy failed big time..ie Rupes and the Dutch boyzz silly policy.

Mighty Mac is about to fail big time if he does not change his ways some time very soon.

He had a lot to offer Saints and always gave me the impression half hearted , lazy and better than anyone else....To me he turned out to be a let down...

He should never have had a permanent place in the side when we had better strikers than him....

No doubt he had a measure of talent...but wasted it and does not appear too worried about recovering the spark..

Weight is definite a concern as he will lose what little pace he had.

Anyway..Forest problem ..not ours anymore..

I still like DMG and think he got given a tough time for no real reason, sometimes last season I thought he was head and shoulders above everybody else in our team. He was playing in a crap team too; Lambert might be better but I'd rather have Mcgoldrick in the team than Waigo/Barnard/Connolly. One only has to look at what the drop in division has done for Lallana, if Mcgoldrick had stayed I'm sure he'd be knocking them in League One.

I will always love him for the last minute at Deepdale last season, one of the finest moments of my time following the Saints. We went ****ing mental :)

• 8 years later...

This aged well