Brasseye

CabbageFace

I can't find anything about this on Wikipedia, either on CM's page or the Brasseye page.

Would be great if true.

The new single by Blouse about Myra Hindley has caused more stink than a bomb going off in one of those holes in the ground at a music festival that everybody ****s into.

lol.

The show caused a furor among sections of the British tabloid press. The Daily Star printed an article decrying Morris and the show next to a piece about the then 15-year-old singer Charlotte Church's breasts under the headline "She's a big girl now" [6][7]. The Daily Mail featured pictures of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, who were 13 and 11 at the time respectively, in their bikinis next to a headline describing Brass Eye as "Unspeakably Sick"[7]. Defenders of the show argued that the media reaction to the show reinforced its satire of the media's hysteria and hypocrisy on the subject of paedophilia.[7] This episode has been shown 3 times even though controversy was caused each time.

The Guardian reported that Morris is working on a film satirising terrorism and suicide bombers for Channel 4. Morris told The Sunday Times that, the film will seek to do for Islamic terrorism what Dad's Army, the classic BBC comedy, did for the Nazis by showing them as “scary but also ridiculous”.

FAO Saint Stevo i will let you borrow it. :smt023

anyone see "the day today"? its by Chris morris and steve coogan and is a spoof news thing like brasseye. i reckon its on a par with brasseye, especially Alan Partridges football commentary

Yeah, its good, i love the money reports, make no sense, much like real life.

Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless, I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice is leave well alone.

anyone see "the day today"? its by Chris morris and steve coogan and is a spoof news thing like brasseye. i reckon its on a par with brasseye, especially Alan Partridges football commentary

Yes, am a bit of a Chris Morris enthusiast, I must admit.

I'd also recommend his brilliant CD of interviews with Peter Cook, who is in his role as Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling called "Why Bother?", his strange, subversive "Blue Jam" CD and his short film "My Wrongs" all of which can be picked up fairly cheaply.

And for those who have a lot of time on their hands, there are some great downloads available on the Cook'd and Bom'd website of his early days on the radio.

Apart from this being amazingly funny, i see on Chris Morris Wiki he is going to do a Terrorism Special. Lets hope its as funny as the Paedophile one.

"He was left Quadra spazzed on a life glug"

Excellent stuff. I remember trying to point out exactly what the paedophile special was trying to do though to people who clearly just wanted to be outraged. Some people just aren't very clever. Apparently Warren Mitchell used to get people congratulating him on Alf Garnett when in fact he was taking the **** out of people like him so I suppose some things never change..

• 9 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm assuming the "terrorism special" mentioned above was the utterly glorious film Four Lions?

"What parts in a car are Jewish?"

"Rubber dinghy rapids, brother"

"F'ck mini Babybel"

"Is a honey monster a bear?"

"The wookie is down"

• 2 weeks later...