Anyone mend laptops

ladysaint

mine has lost its wifi connection and not matter what I do I cant seem to restore it, error message saying no LAN connection. I am not technical at all with these sort of things and not sure whether it is a software or hardware problem. Any ideas where I can take it to be fixed, obviously will pay but not sure where to go. Does Al de Man still mend pc's/laptops.

Its an HP model G6000 with an AMD processor running Windows Vista.

You need to contact HP directly.

This is a known issue with HP laptops.

They have issued a bios fix, but it is not reliable at all. Basically you need the motherboard replacing on your laptop.

I'm assuming that it is out of warranty, BUT, search around in google because I'm pretty sure they extended their warranty for this exact problem, so best bet is to contact them, and say you have been reading up on what is a common problem, tell them you have tried the BIOS fix but it did not work, and that you are aware that the only available fix is to change the motherboard......

More info here : http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Internet&message.id=1354

Edited by Weston Super Saint