Swiss bid led by Billionaires!

Saint Charlie

this reads eerily familiar,

http://www.gak.at/index.php?id=105

there's a forum too but I don't speak German(?) but it might be interesting to some.

http://forum.gak1902.at/

recent results = http://www.soccerway.com/teams/austria/liebherr-grazer-ak/matches/

(delighted to see a 8-1 home win and they scored 5 goals away 3 times.... nice)

what is the story with getting loan players and loaning players to GAK (aka the red devils)?

I am giddy with excitement, but I got excited with the PA rumour

....oh they have had 4 managers in 3 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grazer_AK#Managers_since_1990

Says who?

11AM per chance?

Someone mentioned it on the takeover gossip thread that they heard on Play Radio (Radio Hampshire) that there was a press conference at SMS at 14:00.

I doubt there was any truth in this because had it been true I suspect a lot more people would have said it but I only seem to recall 2.

if you want to know when a press conference is/is not happening.....u can phone the Saints press office.....(albeit not at 2am!)

There is nothing "secret" about press conferences.

At least 95% of press conferences "trailed" on here by supposed ITKers are easily rebutted by a call to St Marys.

They are usually scheduled between 12 and 24 hours in advance. That said, in these sort of circumstances, I wouldn;t be surprised if e.g. an 8am statement was followed by a press conference a few hours later.

However, it's hard to work out what the press conference would be for. The new (putative) owners are quite probably not in the UK and there may be a delay until new manager etc is announced anyway. If there is news later today, it may just be a written statement.

I thought Lowe hates Harris ? certainly slagged him off im sure.

Yes, that's right! When Lowe had a hissy fit in front of Prince Charles cos he couldn't manipulate Harris well enough to line up a naive buyer of his shares who would also be stupid enough to devote his allegiance to the failed chairman. Surely there must be some Lowe sympathisers out there? Enough on this forum, despite his path of destruction and unmitigated failure and poorly orchestrated media blunders.

Reading between the lines, Lowe had offers for his shares but from people in the "real world" who couldn't be manipulated into buying shares yet proxying them to that clueless idiot.

http://archive.dailyecho.co.uk/2007/4/4/113038.html

Anyway, I pray "he" is nothing to do with the Harris bid and the Swiss triumph. I'm sure we've all had enough of "his" name on this forum and I'd be more than happy to put that clueless idiot behind us and forget our darkest days and the dark cloud that shadowed the majority of his decisions.

The club needs to move onwards and upwards. Too long have we been held back by unscrupulous & incompetent businessmen with their own interests superseding that of the club. We need ambition, integrity & foresight...coupled with some care for the community and good old fashioned common sense. Not a lot to ask!

Does that mean that this story is 100% true then?

Dunno but at least it upset some of those dirty Skates!! There was they thinking they were due all the good fortune. Not one to tempt fate but it would be funny if their takeover failed, along with their mounting debts and quality player exodus, whilst we finally turned the corner but...it's Saints so easier to believe the good bid will get trumped by some t*ssers involved with Lowe, esq. *falls onto knees and prays to be wrong*

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=156421

I am moving into a new place, a stones throw from St Marys. Yesterday I went for a proper look round, and the place is lovely, and I have agreed to move in. But the thing that made me chuckle was the fact there is a Liebherr fridge freezer, had to laugh when I spotted the post on that Pimpey forum.

I do like the sound of this though, in principle I would be proud to be associated with a club that can count the manafacturers of "extreme" dumper trucks, The World's Most Powerful Crane ™ and some of the biggest machinery in the world - how cool is that???

So lets hope when I get moved in I can fill this Liebherr beauty up with a shedload of beer. Now where can I buy me some Feldschlösschen???

I am moving into a new place, a stones throw from St Marys. Yesterday I went for a proper look round, and the place is lovely, and I have agreed to move in. But the thing that made me chuckle was the fact there is a Liebherr fridge freezer, had to laugh when I spotted the post on that Pimpey forum.

In honour, saints fans have to come up a chant combining Liebherr diggers, cranes and bulldozers and tearing down fratten park. It would be a massive waste otherwise!

In honour, saints fans have to come up a chant combining Liebherr diggers, cranes and bulldozers and tearing down fratten park. It would be a massive waste otherwise!

If i had the tracks of a digger

If i had the height of a crane

I`d bulldozer Fratton tomorrow

And crush all the basterds below below!

Just a note - not sure why we all get so excited by teh wealth of those taing us over really - it makes didly squat difference how rich someone is (well unless skint naturally) - what matters is HOW MUCH of that wealth is ear marked for potentially underwriting a club. We could have the richest owners in the world and still be expected to live within our means.

i am moving into a new place, a stones throw from st marys. Yesterday i went for a proper look round, and the place is lovely, and i have agreed to move in. But the thing that made me chuckle was the fact there is a liebherr fridge freezer, had to laugh when i spotted the post on that pimpey forum.

I do like the sound of this though, in principle i would be proud to be associated with a club that can count the manafacturers of "extreme" dumper trucks, the world's most powerful crane ™ and some of the biggest machinery in the world - how cool is that???

so lets hope when i get moved in i can fill this liebherr beauty up with a shedload of beer. Now where can i buy me some feldschlösschen???

transformers

Yes, that's right! When Lowe had a hissy fit in front of Prince Charles cos he couldn't manipulate Harris well enough to line up a naive buyer of his shares who would also be stupid enough to devote his allegiance to the failed chairman. Surely there must be some Lowe sympathisers out there? Enough on this forum, despite his path of destruction and unmitigated failure and poorly orchestrated media blunders.

Reading between the lines, Lowe had offers for his shares but from people in the "real world" who couldn't be manipulated into buying shares yet proxying them to that clueless idiot.

http://archive.dailyecho.co.uk/2007/4/4/113038.html

Anyway, I pray "he" is nothing to do with the Harris bid and the Swiss triumph. I'm sure we've all had enough of "his" name on this forum and I'd be more than happy to put that clueless idiot behind us and forget our darkest days and the dark cloud that shadowed the majority of his decisions.

The club needs to move onwards and upwards. Too long have we been held back by unscrupulous & incompetent businessmen with their own interests superseding that of the club. We need ambition, integrity & foresight...coupled with some care for the community and good old fashioned common sense. Not a lot to ask!

Thanks for that info, Mr Nice and Gordon. That is a relief. I am still waiting hopefully for a decent (Swiss) purchase.:)

Just a note - not sure why we all get so excited by teh wealth of those taing us over really - it makes didly squat difference how rich someone is (well unless skint naturally) - what matters is HOW MUCH of that wealth is ear marked for potentially underwriting a club. We could have the richest owners in the world and still be expected to live within our means.

And the prize for stating the bleedin' obvious goes to...

Who* think.

What I don't understand is why would the Swiss lot want out club they're clearly very successful business people but, we're in league one - 10 points. And how could they make money out of our club?

Surely there's something that I'm not seeing.

I do like the sound of this though, in principle I would be proud to be associated with a club that can count the manafacturers of "extreme" dumper trucks, The World's Most Powerful Crane ™ and some of the biggest machinery in the world - how cool is that???

So lets hope when I get moved in I can fill this Liebherr beauty up with a shedload of beer. Now where can I buy me some Feldschlösschen???

It's a little bit better than TY Beanies isn't it!?

Who* think.

What I don't understand is why would the Swiss lot want out club they're clearly very successful business people but, we're in league one - 10 points. And how could they make money out of our club?

Surely there's something that I'm not seeing.

I dont think it is anything to do with company but a family member who has lots os spare money perhaps

Mole, I find your aviator quite offence. I only hope you are about 12 years old

In Mole's defence there are plenty of accounts that the Nazi's stripped the assets of the jews in WWII and deposited it in gold in Swiss banks. After the war and Hitler's death what do do you think happened to those gold reserves? His avatar may have been perceived as offensive but to others it may have been carrying a pertinent message that may still need to be answered.

My knowledge of the whole scandal is far from perfect and i know there was subsequent campaigns to return the money to it's rightful owners but I don't know how successful that was. Every country has to deal with it's less glorious moments in history and Mole just happened to open a closet the Swiss prefer to keep shut I guess.

Today the Echo said of Liebherr:

"The company already have links with Southampton as only last month they provided two new cranes for the city’s container terminal in the docks"

Is this the most tenuous link ever to the city and the football club? It's like saying Microsoft have links to Southampton because thousands of people use their systems on their computers.

Supplying a couple of cranes hardly means they're suddenly Saints fans. Still, I for one would welcome the Swiss with open arms compared to the other jokers waiting in the wings...

Taken at 7:45 tonight.

Could it be a sign? ;)

3695446088_75fe32bb0a_o.jpg

You never know. The day my twin daughters were born, a neighbour photographed two rainbows over my house - he didn't know they were being born at the time. Co-incidence? Well I've never seen two rainbows at the same time before, so maybe we should all believe in rainbows?

Taken at 7:45 tonight.

Could it be a sign? ;)

3695446088_75fe32bb0a_o.jpg

You never know. The day my twin daughters were born, a neighbour photographed two rainbows over my house - he didn't know they were being born at the time. Co-incidence? Well I've never seen two rainbows at the same time before, so maybe we should all believe in rainbows?

I think this is proof, if proof be needed, that the takeover saga is on the verge of extinguishing our collective sanity, and needs to be completed today.

I think this is proof, if proof be needed, that the takeover saga is on the verge of extinguishing our collective sanity, and needs to be completed today.

Indeed. I've been sat on the Takeover Thread, refreshing it constantly until a bloke called masterbates returns from a papershop to post what's in the paper.

Complete and utter madness. I cannot take another day of this as it is seriously affecting my metal state.

• 1 year later...

That's a heck of a bit of necroposting there...

Funny to see how ours and Pompey's respective takeovers have gone since then...

It makes me shudder just remembering how bad things were back then until this takeover happened.

And it's flipping amazing that our biggest concern these days is whether Owen is going to sign for us :D

If we get this takeover...

And Pompey get theirs...

Who would be richer?

:lol::lol::lol:

Wow some classic posts on this thread. A lot of misguidance as well looking at the wrong Liebherr links.

But a lot of sense said at the time as well.

Oh and a lot of old user names or old users with new names using their old names?

Good evening reading

or: this company is huge but it's name is not that well known as it makes pretty exclusive products for a minority market. It is a brand however with many other facets but the UK just does not identify with it. So, a league 1 team will play in 25 different English cities and towns next year and possibly the year after, say a quarter of a million plus people will be exposed to your name. After promotion you spend two years in the Championship and another half a million people see your name plus a fair few hundred thousand more will see it via television. Then the pay back - the Premiership and another million people will see your name at grounds and countless millions across the UK and Europe on TV. In five years your unfamiliar name is becoming a household name ...

Believe me, a £15m outlay and some further investment will be more than recouped in increased sales in five years. The marketing potential for a company like this is enormous and that is why they are going to do it and make a good job of it. They make a good job of everything they do, that is why they are where they are.

It just needs the other bidders to keep out of their way now and not muddy the waters with the creditors and their plan can start to roll. Slowly at first while they take stock, take advice, and make their plans. Don't expect changes over night, but they will mean business.

You do know you could get a TV ad on an episode of Coronation Street every week for a year for about £15m. Or, if you really wanted to sell fridges to football fans, in the ad breaks in every single CL game shown on ITV.

There are more efficient ways of building a national brand than buying a third tier football club.

Not saying they won't buy us, but that wouldn't be the reason.

It could be (Very) Extravagent Local PR and/or corporate entertaining for key docks contacts (including the council) maybe, but still, it'd be cheaper just to give them a backhander.

God knows why they want us (if they do) but by god love em for it.

Absolutely, or for £15m you could alternatively have an ad above every Google search for white goods in the UK for the next 5 years and it would be infinitely more effective for brand building and capturing sales intent than, uh, buying a football club. Acquiring a third tier football team certainly isn't part of any marketing plan I've ever worked on.

[/i]

I agree, but after the run of google/corrie ads have dried up would you still have an asset worth £15M+?

Put simply, a company could look at this a virtually 'free' advertising, with the potential to make a profit on the investment. Add that to the 'status symbol' nature of buying a club.... And who knows, the whole thing might just be a little bit fun too!

Heck, I'd say it trumps a £15m traditional advertising campaign on a number of levels...

Say what you like about the Leibherr takeover, but it was flipping dreadful marketing campaign for their fridges. It's almost like that wasn't actually the original intention.

Seeing this thread again makes me very very happy on one hand and very very sad on the other as I'd like to go and shake old Markus warmly by the hand. I can take or leave the money situation changing (or not, who knows) but it was a shame he didn't get to see us achieve at least one of our (soon to be) two promotions.

Say what you like about the Leibherr takeover, but it was flipping dreadful marketing campaign for their fridges. It's almost like that wasn't actually the original intention.

What are you on about? I very nearly put a bid in for one on ebay. Then I didnt.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})