Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Ridiculous, no one turned a blind eye, there were suspicions, but no more, we knew something was not right and fand DID angrily confronted Jacobs etc on a number of occassions, but like every club, most fans want to believe the best case scenario, it's not a doom and gloom business. I'm sure NC is completely above board, but most Saints fans are content to give the benefit of the doubt over the 'contradictions' on loans etc, only a few question and your all none the wiser. There may be some clever types on here, but there aren't any Mike Halls thats for sure. How much is Ramirez on including bonuses etc? I mean really? Does anyone know? Or are you gonna get upset when it's too late?

I do, just don't care to share on a public forum.

Had this been another club would there have been this amount of interest on this site - of course not! Would the CVI loans have been questioned at all if this had not of happened down the road - of course not!

This is a 'charge' that has been levied at this thread in the past and, yes, of course it's true that the fact the years of cheating involves our nearest and dearest rivals is what has maintained the interest levels this long. Guilty as charged m'lud. But I guess the logical retort is: "so what?". Most discussion topics in all walks of life have a cataylst that keeps them going - this one happens to be Pompey. It's also more interesting and easier to understand than rocket science. Just about.

Btw, welcome to the message board - an interesting first post for a Saints fan ;)

Edited by trousers

When you cut all the emotion and rivalry out of the situation it still amounts to one thing.

Whoever owned the club (Criminal or Saint), if the club is found guilty of wrong doing it has to be punished.

Did Juventus fans ask their management to break the rules (and the law!)? No, of course they didn't, but it doesn't stop the punishment being applied.

Did Luton fans deserve their massive deduction, or Bournemouth, or Swindon, or Darlington? No, the fans of the club never do, but the clubs were managed by individuals that broke the rules and the clubs were punished accordingly (and by world standards, leniently!)

Pompey fans were unlucky to get the owners they got, no doubt. In my view we were unlucky to get Rupert Lowe and Michael Wilde (but that's a different argument). But they were the owners they had, they spent the money and played the game.

It's now time to pay the piper and the Skates need to stop bleating and accept what comes their way.

If it's only relegation to L1 with a couple of -10's for 2 admins and £160m written off and then straight back to overspending then they're lucky.

Ridiculous, no one turned a blind eye, there were suspicions, but no more, we knew something was not right and fand DID angrily confronted Jacobs etc on a number of occassions, but like every club, most fans want to believe the best case scenario, it's not a doom and gloom business. I'm sure NC is completely above board, but most Saints fans are content to give the benefit of the doubt over the 'contradictions' on loans etc, only a few question and your all none the wiser. There may be some clever types on here, but there aren't any Mike Halls thats for sure. How much is Ramirez on including bonuses etc? I mean really? Does anyone know? Or are you gonna get upset when it's too late?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/touch_a_nerve

Verb

to touch a nerve

1. (idiomatic) To make a remark or perform a deed which produces a strong response, especially an emotional response such as anxiety or annoyance, because it calls to mind something which has been a source of concern or embarrassment.  [quotations ▼]

Wrong, I'm afraid. You aren't the only club with fans prepared to investigate devious goings on at their club. Perhaps you're just too young to recall events surrounding the reverse takeover and the dodgy share dealings at Southampton which resulted in there being a BBC programme about it. I don't recall there being any programme regarding the Skates' nefarious dealings and dodgy owners these past several years.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?8527-Panorama-1997-The-Money-Game

The mich hall article, is intresting and certainly does go past what is on here, but ultimately what does it mean?

Is there enough "New' stuff in there to force the FL into refusing portpin and if so won't they just get someone else to front it?

What happens if they approve Portpin, but then the Baker Tilly report comes out and points the finger of blame at portpin?

How much time have PKF got left before thebanked parachute money is less than theri fees... Something will have to give this week is my best guess

Sorry, are you comparing the Liebherrs and Cortese with the Gaydamaks, Jacobs and Azougy etc?

Previous business history not really a risk factor for you then.

On SSN:

He does come across as well on screen as he does in print - a decent chap by the sounds of it.

Also good to see him admitting back then that if they didn't agree a CVA they would / should get -15 points deducted when relegated to the Championship. Given they've only got a pending -10 for doing the equivalent (i.e. not honouring said CVA) then I'm sure he'll agree they got off lightly (for the 2009/2010 administration).

All we need now is an admission that their owners cheated their way to two FA Cup finals and our work here is done :)

Edited by trousers

Wednesday 10 October 2012 - Former Portsmouth FC owner accused of defrauding Lithuanian Bank - extradition review hearing

City of Westminster Magistrates Court, 181 Marylebone Road, London, NW1 5QJ

Vladimir Antonov, who owned Portsmouth Football Club from June to November 2011 and resigned when the club went into administration, appears after being arrested at the request of Lithuanian police. Antonov is wanted in Lithuania alongside business partner Raimondas Baranauskas for allegedly defrauding AB Bankas Snoras of more than £150m. Full hearing provisionally set for January 21, 2013.

you have to hand it to the Hall bloke he has done a wonderful bit of digging. As a fan of his club it must hurt big time to make these things public, as he would well know he is using a stick to beat the club he loves.

He may be a Skate but a decent man, well done. I wish a few more were like him.

Wednesday 10 October 2012 - Former Portsmouth FC owner accused of defrauding Lithuanian Bank - extradition review hearing

City of Westminster Magistrates Court, 181 Marylebone Road, London, NW1 5QJ

Vladimir Antonov, who owned Portsmouth Football Club from June to November 2011 and resigned when the club went into administration, appears after being arrested at the request of Lithuanian police. Antonov is wanted in Lithuania alongside business partner Raimondas Baranauskas for allegedly defrauding AB Bankas Snoras of more than £150m. Full hearing provisionally set for January 21, 2013.

Possibly happened following this ill-advised article:

Former Snoras bank owner Vladimir Antonov plans to sue Lithuania over lost investment
:lol:

developments today?

We learned that the Saints academy produced Bale, Walcott and the Ox - while the pompey academy produced a terrorist extremist who launched a grenade assault on a Jewish shop in Paris.

Making him I guess, the most dangerous attacking player to emerge from the UK's bestest academy.

We also saw rare old footage of a pompey fan talking sense, he looked lonely as everyone else was too busy celebrating or ignoring reality, and he ended up having to cut his own hair with his nan's bacon scissors.

He then put together a press release for the Trust explaining how many offences the club has committed - some clown from SOS Fatpipe took this confession as proof that they are innocent and the league should apologise.

I've also had pompey fans giving me stick on email, which is as ironic as the homeless laughing at your choice of living room curtains.

We have had that harrowing image of Westwood wiped from our minds by a shot of his slightly hotter sister, even though she is squatting in the bathroom of a Premier Inn.

And Birch has pocketed £9K. :D

developments today?

We learned that the Saints academy produced Bale, Walcott and the Ox - while the pompey academy produced a terrorist extremist who launched a grenade assault on a Jewish shop in Paris.

Making him I guess, the most dangerous attacking player to emerge from the UK's bestest academy.

We also saw rare old footage of a pompey fan talking sense, he looked lonely as everyone else was too busy celebrating or ignoring reality, and he ended up having to cut his own hair with his nan's bacon scissors.

He then put together a press release for the Trust explaining how many offences the club has committed - some clown from SOS Fatpipe took this confession as proof that they are innocent and the league should apologise.

I've also had pompey fans giving me stick on email, which is as ironic as the homeless laughing at your choice of living room curtains.

We have had that harrowing image of Westwood wiped from our minds by a shot of his slightly hotter sister, even though she is squatting in the bathroom of a Premier Inn.

And Birch has pocketed £9K. :D

Mwahaha. Good one.

Without doubt the funniest line I have read on this forum. Ever.

To quote The Sun today. "Portsmouth, who who could go bust with debts of £58million, are paying Izale McLeod £4,000 per week. A League One boss who tried to sign him said, We couldn't afford that"

How are they doing it with the FL supposedly overseeing the transactions.

To quote The Sun today. "Portsmouth, who who could go bust with debts of £58million, are paying Izale McLeod £4,000 per week. A League One boss who tried to sign him said, We couldn't afford that"

Hang on a minute, that can't be correct!! PES was on here a few days ago and told me I was entirely wrong when I suggested players were on these sorts of wages, and that the club were running to the budgetted figures submitted by Portpin of around £1.5K per player per week.

Pompey fans should really hope that they stay in administration all season. If they come out of admin they will incur the minus ten points and then have to let go of all their players as they can't afford them.

Or they could get Neil Allen to whip up a media sh*tstorm and put massive pressure on the players to sign on at reduced terms....

We also saw rare old footage of a pompey fan talking sense, he looked lonely as everyone else was too busy celebrating or ignoring reality, and he ended up having to cut his own hair with his nan's bacon scissors.:D

Without doubt the funniest line I have read on this forum. Ever.

agree! the missus just shouted up the stairs to see what i was cackling at :D

He has certainly got a very nifty way with words :lol:

Glad to See that some are acknowledging that not ALL Pompey fans are ignorant and rather than cheating for success, they were cheating to wrack up a debt in excess of HMRC's unpaid percentage. Yes we won an FA cup, but that was a fluke, the club pre Gaydamak was ticking along nicely and may of gone on to be a yo-yo club, so we have not benefitted from any of the success but as a fan base we are no different from any other cross section of fans. Very few Micah Halls, a minority of highly sceptical people and a majority that for whatever reason, escapism, stupidity or blind faith, will go along with the official line until is so ****ing obvious that it's too late. Clearly many on here are reasonably intelligent, but if you think this is the average cross section of the Saints fanbase.... well you don't think that do you.

What has happened at Portsmouth will happen again, I'd like to think at your club, I won't pretend, but the reality is that with the extreme wealth of the premier league, NC's gamble (and the money you have spent is a calculated gamble), will probably pay off. I think that to **** things up from your position you need to be either incredibly incompetent or criminally purposeful. I don't think NC is either. I do however witness a majority on your main board that are only to ready to believe what they want to believe. It is not a majority of Saints fans pouring over the finances and you know that.

If NC had gone to a loan shark in the BVI and borrowed another 10m for a defender, the MAJORITY would see it as a risk worth taking, it's not and most of the people reading this would be of the same opinion. I know a few are confused as to the contradictions in things previously said by NC about debt etc and then taking the extreme step of borrowing from BVI lenders, but again, like Mike Hall said of Pompey fans in 2009/2010, "we (you)don't get to choose". Likewise, neither do you. I know a few Saints fans who are unhappy with the way SFC is evolving under NC, but I doubt they are a majority, a majority drunk on their Premier League return, again this thread is not typical of your fanbase, I know that and you know that.

But anyway, As I have said before, I don't blame anyone on here for wishing the worst for Pompey, I am no different if the roles were reversed. So genuinely to those that acknowledged the efforts of a lone Pompey fan, i admire you for taking your red and white (red) kicking boots off for one minute and acknowledging his effort. It's good that Mike Hall's efforts get recognised on here, because these guys that have and do control Pompey are serious pieces of work, not only is Mike a clever, insightful sod, he's a lot flipping' braver than Me and most of the Saints sleuths on here would ever be!

Micah Hall

‏@blueballoo2000

If you’ve followed me for Pompey analysis you will be delighted to hear that there is another piece on the way tonight.

Here's what the phew have been saying on POL

First of all, a sensible post from one particular user whose name I can't mention otherwise he'll have another hissy fit.

The Kettering and Pompey situations have a lot of similarities. When I was reading about them and their situation yesterday, the thought occurred to me that I hoped Appy was reading it as well, and actually just got on with the job of putting a team out on matchdays instead of comments about how put upon he and the club are being (a view I've long held, but the Kettering position just brings it home). No, we're not, as can be seen by Kettering, and whilst the situation isn't ideal, and obviously not the one sold to Appy, it's a situation we have to deal with and get on with.

Another skate

Yes that is right tomorrow night we are in action against Wycombe in the Johnstones Paint Pot competition, and although we mock this competition and know the league is more important this still holds our best opportunity at returning to our second home of Wembley.

:facepalm:

We are getting very close to having a very classy L1 side, on the balance of strengths Wycombe shouldn't have much of a chance. Funny old game...

Cheats :x

And finally, a sob story from this skate

When we're singing about scum, it reminds me of how they're doing.

Then I think why aren't we pouring all this emotion into our team.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad to See that some are acknowledging that not ALL Pompey fans are ignorant and rather than cheating for success, they were cheating to wrack up a debt in excess of HMRC's unpaid percentage.

Seriously, are you a spazzer?

The 'cheating for success' happened long before Al Fahim, Al Mirage and all the other numpties that have been involved over the last couple of years.

In fact, might I be so bold as to point out that if the cheating for success hadn't gone on, then the club wouldn't have been the basket case that it was with such ludicrous wages and spiraling costs, thus may have attracted a legitimate investor rather than the crooks, beggars and thieves that it did.

Did you reap what you sowed?

Glad to See that some are acknowledging that not ALL Pompey fans are ignorant and rather than cheating for success, they were cheating to wrack up a debt in excess of HMRC's unpaid percentage. Yes we won an FA cup, but that was a fluke, the club pre Gaydamak was ticking along nicely and may of gone on to be a yo-yo club, so we have not benefitted from any of the success but as a fan base we are no different from any other cross section of fans. Very few Micah Halls, a minority of highly sceptical people and a majority that for whatever reason, escapism, stupidity or blind faith, will go along with the official line until is so ****ing obvious that it's too late. Clearly many on here are reasonably intelligent, but if you think this is the average cross section of the Saints fanbase.... well you don't think that do you.

What has happened at Portsmouth will happen again, I'd like to think at your club, I won't pretend, but the reality is that with the extreme wealth of the premier league, NC's gamble (and the money you have spent is a calculated gamble), will probably pay off. I think that to **** things up from your position you need to be either incredibly incompetent or criminally purposeful. I don't think NC is either. I do however witness a majority on your main board that are only to ready to believe what they want to believe. It is not a majority of Saints fans pouring over the finances and you know that.

If NC had gone to a loan shark in the BVI and borrowed another 10m for a defender, the MAJORITY would see it as a risk worth taking, it's not and most of the people reading this would be of the same opinion. I know a few are confused as to the contradictions in things previously said by NC about debt etc and then taking the extreme step of borrowing from BVI lenders, but again, like Mike Hall said of Pompey fans in 2009/2010, "we (you)don't get to choose". Likewise, neither do you. I know a few Saints fans who are unhappy with the way SFC is evolving under NC, but I doubt they are a majority, a majority drunk on their Premier League return, again this thread is not typical of your fanbase, I know that and you know that.

But anyway, As I have said before, I don't blame anyone on here for wishing the worst for Pompey, I am no different if the roles were reversed. So genuinely to those that acknowledged the efforts of a lone Pompey fan, i admire you for taking your red and white (red) kicking boots off for one minute and acknowledging his effort. It's good that Mike Hall's efforts get recognised on here, because these guys that have and do control Pompey are serious pieces of work, not only is Mike a clever, insightful sod, he's a lot flipping' braver than Me and most of the Saints sleuths on here would ever be!

Fair play, I have a lot of respect for this lad - he talks from the heart (sensibly) and although I am not going soft he is the sort of fan that triggers a sliver of sympathy for your plight.

It seems the Pompey locals' opinions of Micah Hall have changed somewhat.

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind some here that Micah used to post here on this forum. To my knowledge he was harrassed by some who disagreed with him, to a level that he withdrew from the forum and will not return.

To those that did the deed I hope you're happy.

Now that the going is less good than when they were ignorantly riding the gravy train, I suppose there is more inclination to remove fingers from ears and get a proper perspective of events.

got a link for that Sun story please?

The likes of McLeod are allowed to sign for 4k a week, and Buszaky for over 6k (if the murmurings about him rejecting 6k a week at Bristol City are true) as at this stage the Football League is not overseeing transactions. Only until the takeover is complete will the skates lose their 10 points and the financial restrictions imposed by the FL will take effect.

So all of these short contracts would seem to be one last hurrah, a final opportunity to spend parachute money into the black hole. Player wages and the short-term future has always been of the utmost importance, NOT ONCE have they considered their long term future over the past 10 years. Not even now, after all that has happened. If they even cared about their future, then we wouldn't have seen 'superstar' Sam Magri depart for QPR.

Missed Appy's latest musings yesterday. Here they are for the PTS record and for the usual general amusement factor...in summary, it's Appy's usual moans and groans about not being able to improve his squad - you know, the squad that is already more "competitive" than a lot of other League One clubs....Business As Usual in Appy Land then...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/appleton-embarrassed-by-pompey-s-ownership-delay-1-4343196

Pompey boss Michael Appleton has reflected on the club’s ongoing wait to exit administration and admitted: It’s embarrassing.

He insisted those who hold the future of the Blues in their hands are turning the bid to bring in a new owner into a sham.

And Appleton has demanded the search is resolved after Pompey’s gutsy 2-2 draw at MK Dons.

The Blues are still waiting to see what the future holds after, eight months ago, they were placed into administration for the second time in two years.

Balram Chainrai’s Portpin remain in pole position to return after talks with the Football League.

Appleton believes Pompey’s upturn in form is masking the desperate need to have the situation resolved.

‘To be honest, I think it’s a bit embarrassing,’ he said.

‘How long can you keep waiting and have this going on for?

‘I don’t want the club to turn into a laughing stock. :lol: (stable doors, horses bolting, etc...)

‘I think the people who are taking control of things are getting away with it a bit at the minute.

‘We’ve got our players going out and picking up points, so it’s taken away from it a bit.

‘That’s a good thing, I know that.

‘But from my point of view I want to strengthen the team. :facepalm:

‘I want to shape the squad and bring more quality in. :facepalm:

‘There needs to be a position where we can bring stability and give players long-term contracts.

‘They might think they are doing a good job by doing this and that at the minute.

‘But the message from me is: Hurry up and get on with it.

‘The sooner it’s sorted the better.

‘The games still come thick and fast and football can turn very quickly.

‘We can easily lose three games in a week, God forbid, but that’s the reality of it.

‘We can get a couple of injuries, a couple of players go away on international duty and we’re down to 12 or 13 players again.’ :facepalm:

Edited by trousers

And then there's today's comedy fodder...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/appy-keeping-up-impetus-is-key-1-4345745

Michael Appleton demanded his players keep the momentum generated by their upwardly-mobile form going tonight.

And the Blues boss warned against his men underestimating Wycombe at Fratton Park.

‘It’s been difficult for them.

‘It might well be light relief for them to get away from the league and their position.

‘It’s an opportunity for them to enjoy coming to Fratton Park. :lol:

Portsmouth is a scalp for anyone in League One, :facepalm: so they will see it that way as well.

In the general "doesn't get it" stakes, Appy is right up there with the best of them.

Izale McLeod on £4K a week. Brian Howard, Lee Williamson, Akos Buzsaky, Luke Rodgers et al no doubt on a similar wage level. Yet Portpin's wage budget is £1.5K per player per week; the Trust's is a slightly more generious £2.5K per player per week. Or at least those WERE the budgets before Tricky Trev put the PKF timesheets into overdrive and hoovered up most of the operating budget. We're now almost two whole months on from the point at which fees owed to PKF stood at £1.85M. The club is going to need another parachute payment just to keep Trev and his happy band of overchargers in business, never mind the operating budget.

But, even despite all that, Appy says its not enough. Appy wants more money, more players, to be more competitive. Because its Pompey innit, they deserve to be competitive, they're a big scalp in this division and right now, with the international players they're employing on wages that the club can't sustain in the long term, well its just not right that such a plucky club has to suffer so much. Is it?

Just noticed on the BBC website article about Owen Coyle being sacked that when they were relegated Bolton owed £110m, mostly to a single benefactor.

This got me thinking as to the (our!) actual definition of what is cheating and what isn't.

I would say that Bolton's support level is very similar to pfc (given similar league status), so have Bolton been cheating?

They would argue that the benefactor has no intention of calling in the loans, but they would say that.

So my question to you all is, where does reasonable investment stop and cheating start?

Other than the skate owners being particularly shadey, and they're not the only club with owners like that (Reading anyone?), how do they differ from Bolton?

---- Additional ----

So many clubs could have the funding cut off at any time. I have a friend who's business went bust primarily due to Abramovich suspending 3 building projects (one of which was a building at the Chelsea Training Ground) during the banking crash a couple of years ago, so even the most wealthy can feel the pinch and do the unexpected.

Edited by Winchester Red

Eddie Davies has no intention of calling in the loans for two reasons:

The first is that he's a massive Bolton fan, so wouldn't want to put the very existence of the club in jeopardy by calling in those loans at this stage. Naturally circumstances may change in the years to come, but I would say they're probably just about safe for now.

The second is that he's still earning a pretty penny from those loans because they're being financed at a pretty significant rate of interest.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})