Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Credit where credit is due if the figure of 12,000 + season ticket update is correct (and who verifies this?) then it is a splendid effort following a number of abysmal attempts to extradite themselves from Div 4

Bradford City did something similar on the back of enticing season ticket prices and they have followed this up again this year and have recorded 18,000 season ticket sales

Credit where it's due. 12,000 season tickets sold to watch that utter dross is a great achievement!

Can't help but wonder whether it was fuelled by the 'early bird' offer that technically isn't an 'early bird', seeing as it ends 8 days before the first game of the season. More of an 'offer' to be fair!

The club’s Early Bird offer ends on Friday, while there are 12 days remaining until League Two kicks off.

I thought the whole point of the 2nd kit was to avoid clashing with teams in the same colour as your 1st kit, so why chose a blue and white kit for 1st and 2nd choice kits?

Looks like they'll be seeing even more than usual Brown Jobbies on the pitch this season!!

Credit where it's due. 12,000 season tickets sold to watch that utter dross is a great achievement!

Can't help but wonder whether it was fuelled by the 'early bird' offer that technically isn't an 'early bird', seeing as it ends 8 days before the first game of the season. More of an 'offer' to be fair!

The increase is in kid's tickets, which they sell for about £65 so their income is largely unchanged. That's less than £3 a game. It might be an investment for the future, but for now it just reduces the nmber of seats they have to sell for real money at those ever-popular Fratton sell outs.

Does anybody know what their capacity is these days?

The increase is in kid's tickets, which they sell for about £65 so their income is largely unchanged. That's less than £3 a game. It might be an investment for the future, but for now it just reduces the nmber of seats they have to sell for real money at those ever-popular Fratton sell outs.

Does anybody know what their capacity is these days?

tbf its a good strategy when you have spare capacity and many kids want to watch Man U or Chelsea instead of their hometown team. Adds to atmosphere too.

I've just had a pompey fan laughing at me because they've sold more season tickets than we have.

And it's that type of portsmyth that keeps this thread ticking along.

Did you correct him that we've sold over 10,000 more than them at significantly higher prices? And also sold significantly more than them when we were a League One club (little difference trying to sell League One or League 2 season tickets)?

Did you correct him that we've sold over 10,000 more than them at significantly higher prices? And also sold significantly more than them when we were a League One club (little difference trying to sell League One or League 2 season tickets)?

Or did you do the decent thing and slap him round the chops with a herring?

Just tell him that due to terrorist threats the public have been told to avoid crowded places and so Fratton Park is safe as houses

No EFL Trophy love-in then... Saints (Academy) in with Charlton (who we played the season we won it), Colchester and Crawley; Skates with Reading Academy, Bristol Rovers and Yeovil. Newport didn't manage to get either of them, though are in with Swansea Academy which hopefully will happen before the transfer window closes so County can get a couple of loanees they like the look of. Hopefully Reading don't have any the Skates want...

I'm sure i've just seen something on the twitter about crowd funding to pay Paul Cooks/the clubs fine if he doesn't meet the player criteria in the Football League trophy.

Whilst i don't agree with the player rules in place, this just smacks of classic Pompey. Getting the every day skate to pay so the club can cheat.

I realise it's not the club doing this.

Edited by fish fingers
not sure what my point is!!!

Certainly explains their approach to accounting.....

'Twelvety!'

Remember me? I've been stuck for a long time in Royston Vasey, and one of the disturbing things I have discovered is how much Paul Cook sounds like Barbara the trans-something taxi driver....

I'm sure i've just seen something on the twitter about crowd funding to pay Paul Cooks/the clubs fine if he doesn't meet the player criteria in the Football League trophy.

Whilst i don't agree with the player rules in place, this just smacks of classic Pompey. Getting the every day skate to pay so the club can cheat.

I realise it's not the club doing this.

From what I hear Cook sails very close to the wind and if he is not careful this will not be the only fine he will have to pay.

Given that all L2 teams would play under the EFL Trophy rules there would be no advantage or disadvantage in the promotion race really.

I suspect the unwritten fear is that a full strength Pompey squad could, at some point, come up against an U-23 Saints side and be defeated.

I see the phew are chuffed to bits about finally signing a keeper...

On loan from "the 'wall"

Seems the Millwall lot are quite ahppy too! Got a mate who's a season ticket holder there , goes to all the away games... he's pretty chuffed they've offloaded him..

"past it... great 5 years ago, makes too many mistakes, can't kick for ****, most of his goal kicks go out of play, doesn't know when to throw it out, panics and hold onto the ball instead of starting a breakout"

From what I hear Cook sails very close to the wind and if he is not careful this will not be the only fine he will have to pay.

At a guess does this involve the consumption of alcohol and then inappropriate behaviour? Taxis are reasonably cheap in Portsmouth, he should leave the car at home. I'm purely guessing so enlighten us if I'm on the wrong track.

At a guess does this involve the consumption of alcohol and then inappropriate behaviour? Taxis are reasonably cheap in Portsmouth, he should leave the car at home. I'm purely guessing so enlighten us if I'm on the wrong track.

We have to be careful of libel laws (especially Inference and Innuendo). We don't want to cost the site a fine or closure threat.

I've just had a pompey fan laughing at me because they've sold more season tickets than we have.

And it's that type of portsmyth that keeps this thread ticking along.

Not to mention that we've sold more STs than they can fit in their ground.

Seems the Millwall lot are quite ahppy too! Got a mate who's a season ticket holder there , goes to all the away games... he's pretty chuffed they've offloaded him..

"past it... great 5 years ago, makes too many mistakes, can't kick for ****, most of his goal kicks go out of play, doesn't know when to throw it out, panics and hold onto the ball instead of starting a breakout"

Tbf that would have been most people's description of Kelvin Davis circa 2008 as well. Apart from the bit about being great 5 years ago (unless we said it now, rather than then).

I see the phew are chuffed to bits about finally signing a keeper...

On loan from "the 'wall"

well that's a big step up from the sh*t we have at the mo,our keepers fumble the ball when picking it out of the back of the net,:blush:

I still have all the old content. I can also tell who some of you are trying to register. As its only me doing the approving now your going to have to do better

So you don't mind coming on here, having a read and being able to post and converse in a sensible fashion; but have this ongoing scummer-hunt mentality on your board, whereby any one of us isn't even allowed to read your forum.

That sounds perfectly balanced - like having a chip on both of your shoulders.

6340aec3a9b1455739d3030c4bde036b.jpg

According to a skate mate, this picture is fake and that is not Pompey fans. Should be easy enough to prove wrong. I think it was around their 2010 cup semi final.

Its real enough. Its the away supporters end at Wigan and was definitely taken at the Wigan v Pompey PL match on 14th April 2010.

Wiga's average attendance that season was over 17,800 but Pompey only attracted 14,323. Massive support. Massive club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8620833.stm (image 18 of 19)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8607828.stm

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/club/history/Attendances.aspx

Edited by buctootim

You can also see several players names on shirts. Should be easy enough to identify the players from their squad numbers

Papa Bouba Diop is very obviously the number 8. Which means they can only be arguing that they're the home fans. Which is highly comical.

Did we ever get around to mentioning that Matt Tubbs has left? He scored for Forest Green against Newport on Saturday. Interesting to note that only non league's biggest budget could afford to take him on (though I'm fairly sure Eastleigh have already been burnt on that one).

I've assumed they will get promoted for the last three years, it makes it so much funnier when they don't.

When they probably rip up the division this season we'll have to put up with the return of the likes of the Ho, and my neighbour who has now been hiding across the road for six years.

No doubt they will be on the way back to the Premier League and we'll have to write from history the hilarious home defeats, the non-sell-outs and the booing, it'll be branded the bestest promotion ever - but at least we'll get the new treat of them struggling in League One.

Every cloud...

Are they still pretending they are fan-owned?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})