Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The old dear on her mobility scooter.

And the rather splendid artist's impression of the new quayside Fratton Park, unfortunately shaped like a potty and subsequently bastardised to include an infant having a plop.

That could have happened if it weren't for the technical hitches! (they didn't own the land, didn't have the money and it wouldn't get planning permission)

As we approach this threads 10 year anniversary, are there any plans to celebrate? Maybe a quick recap of what has happened in the last decade or a list of the best posts?
Who could forget the table off HMS Victory consigned to the skip.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I must have lost three years of my life trapped in here. :scared:

The ridiculous events just kept coming, every time I tried to escape they did something else illegal or hilarious.

It was like an extended Ken Dodd show, but with more tax evasion.

And just when you think it's all calmed down, Avram Grant pops up again...I bet he can't wait for an opportunity to get into Newcastle and rebuild.

No doubt he'll be splashing out on youngsters this summer.

Do you know how much he went for? Enough for a decent replacement or are they relying on promoting from within?

I read that it was £3.4m rising to £5m depending on I don't know what. Serious wedge for a League 1 side already flush with Mr Disneys `new toilet' money

I read that it was £3.4m rising to £5m depending on I don't know what. Serious wedge for a League 1 side already flush with Mr Disneys `new toilet' money

Tbf Sunderland got £26m for selling players before last season and it didn't do them much good.

we got the old girl on bricks at the mo,wheels can go back on later,
Stevie Wonder is the mechanic, so as usual all the bits will be there but not put back in the right places, and a load of crap left at the end that you dont know where it was meant for

10 years, Jesus. I remember being online when the very first message was wrote and I’m probably one of the few to have read the original message before any replies!

Few ups and downs, but as usual, they’re ****ing miles away from us in every single department. Bless em.

Surely the thread should be put to print. Volume 1?

'Scavenge', your spelling is worse than Mack's. Really letting the side down. :-)
Lol, did you not see I was spelling it so that he could understand? I get a government grant to assist the stupid and misguided Edited by OldNick

It's better than the pre-season when they explained how they struggled because they were too fit - or that holiday where they invited all-comers to a training camp that didn't cost a penny.

I miss those simple glory days - pedalling across Europe on stolen bicycles, living in makeshift shelters in the woods and dining on exotic rodents.

That was a proper value-for-money pre-season, long before they followed the Barcelona model and splashed out on a Sports Direct table tennis set.

Exotic rodents? is that what my GF is coming across when she installs alarms and camera systems in various Southsea kebab shops and curry houses. Or maybe it's what the rodents are eating, a bit like pre-salé lamb, or those pigs that feed on acorns that gives them a special flavour?

#Pompey's match with Rotherham on Saturday 24th August has been postponed due to two major events in the city including Victorious Festival

#Pompey will look sympathetically at requests from Rotherham and Pompey fans who need reimbursing for pre-booked travel or accommodation.

These things are just impossible to foresee

#Pompey's match with Rotherham on Saturday 24th August has been postponed due to two major events in the city including Victorious Festival

#Pompey will look sympathetically at requests from Rotherham and Pompey fans who need reimbursing for pre-booked travel or accommodation.

These things are just impossible to foresee

But PFC match should take priority? There are 200,00+ keen fans and the match will bring £14,926,098,237,888,888 into the local economy.

Plus, the Rotherham players, fans and staff, as well as the referee, assistant referees and all their family and friends will have been psychologically preparing for this, the biggest day in their lives, since the fixtures were released.

I worry for their long-term mental health if it is moved.

This turbo-charged MegaFixture is clearly being moved to Wembley as the trusty Fortress can no longer hold the plucky blue army in such vast numbers, and they have their own dressing room at Wembley after winning the cup which didn't count when we won it, was boycotted like a dentist for all rounds bar the final, and is now held up as akin to a pot by Jules Rimet.

The music festival was worried that the headliners would be playing to an empty field, and probably wouldn't even be able to get onto the island because of the traffic chaos caused by the frenzy to back Jackett's brave troops on their all-conquering journey as they battle all the way to the Premier League and reclaim their status as equals to Boscombe.

And while we are on facts, as they pleaded not to be wound up over theft and fraud, it was claimed that every home game brought £13 million into the city.

Which is funnier than anything I've ever made up, but could lead to some big compensation payouts to cafes and taxi drivers.

This turbo-charged MegaFixture is clearly being moved to Wembley as the trusty Fortress can no longer hold the plucky blue army in such vast numbers, and they have their own dressing room at Wembley after winning the cup which didn't count when we won it, was boycotted like a dentist for all rounds bar the final, and is now held up as akin to a pot by Jules Rimet.

The music festival was worried that the headliners would be playing to an empty field, and probably wouldn't even be able to get onto the island because of the traffic chaos caused by the frenzy to back Jackett's brave troops on their all-conquering journey as they battle all the way to the Premier League and reclaim their status as equals to Boscombe.

And while we are on facts, as they pleaded not to be wound up over theft and fraud, it was claimed that every home game brought £13 million into the city.

Which is funnier than anything I've ever made up, but could lead to some big compensation payouts to cafes and taxi drivers.

:lol:

Brilliant as ever Rallyboy, don't ever give up on this place

They'll look sympathetically, say "dear me, what a shame, never mind" and giggle..

Was this action based on police advice or the realisation that the attendance would be p-poor?

Anyway, I told you rallyboy was good at putting the boot in, welcome back!

But PFC match should take priority? There are 200,00+ keen fans and the match will bring £14,926,098,237,888,888 into the local economy.

Surely the money from the TV coverage will go some way to reaching that figure? With so many people tuning in there are bound to be a rush of companies wanting to be seen sponsoring the game.

To be fair postponing the game is the right decision, the city is gridlocked when it comes to Victorious.

Interesting that some money has been spent on the stadium, brand new pitch, new roof on the stands (cladding) and lick of paint.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})