Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They burned that particular bridge long, long ago.

It might well have been in their first (there have been so many it's difficult to seperate them) administration under the old Gregory regime that they failed to cough up around £60,000 to the RN for hire of facilities at Burnaby Road - after which they started using Wellington Sports Ground in Stoneham Lane - which they also failed to pay for.

During a particularly wet spell two seasons ago they asked Solent University if they could hire their 3G pitch at Test Park to get some training in.

Solent told them it would cost them £120 per hour to hire and the club asked the uni to invoice them.

Solent said they could only have use of the facility if they turned up with cash on the day.

Apparently the university doesn't demand this of local, junior league sides and are happy to invoice them.

But invoicing p****y is a different matter.

Haha. That's quality!

It might well have been in their first (there have been so many it's difficult to seperate them) administration under the old Gregory regime that they failed to cough up around £60,000 to the RN for hire of facilities at Burnaby Road - after which they started using Wellington Sports Ground in Stoneham Lane - which they also failed to pay for.

During a particularly wet spell two seasons ago they asked Solent University if they could hire their 3G pitch at Test Park to get some training in.

Solent told them it would cost them £120 per hour to hire and the club asked the uni to invoice them.

Solent said they could only have use of the facility if they turned up with cash on the day.

Apparently the university doesn't demand this of local, junior league sides and are happy to invoice them.

I've tried to keep quiet about this so far but I can't keep it in any more.

They're still up to this old invoicing trick even now. A friend of mine is owed a 6 figure sum from them and they outright refuse to acknowledge him. I can't go into detail incase it makes it too obvious to blue eyes who I'm talking about. But they're behaviour has been disgraceful and nearly cost him his house.

He used to be a ST holder but has since turned to H&W for a football fix. Once the ordeal is sorted I'll post the full details.

Again this needs to be considered in conjunction with the apparent £1.1m extra paid in advance for season tickets.

There was a £489,000 net cash outflow from operating activities DESPITE season ticket holders paying £1.1m more in advanced season ticket sales before the end of June.

Given that this increase won't be repeated; the underlying cash outflow from operating activities was £1.6m.

Good job Iain

And don't forget the Tesco money. That's gone as well.

I've tried to keep quiet about this so far but I can't keep it in any more.

They're still up to this old invoicing trick even now. A friend of mine is owed a 6 figure sum from them and they outright refuse to acknowledge him. I can't go into detail incase it makes it too obvious to blue eyes who I'm talking about. But they're behaviour has been disgraceful and nearly cost him his house.

He used to be a ST holder but has since turned to H&W for a football fix. Once the ordeal is sorted I'll post the full details.

Then, sadly, your friend is bit of an idiot!

Anybody who gave that lot credit after the last TWO administrations needs their head read! Notice that the banks won't even give them a credit facility which should tell you more than enough! And to give them credit for six figures is financial suicide for a small business!

Have it on good authority that Pompey Youth used to use a separate training facility along Stoneham Lane and there were problems with paying the hire charge

The then youth team coach, Andy Awford,eventually had to pay by cash in advance to ensure they could continue to use the pitches

Slightly odd spot in Eastbourne Station car park this lunchtime. New convertible Jag with reg Y1 PFC and a rather tacky Skate pendant in the window. Any clues on whom it's likely to be?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Did you brick the windows in? ;)

If one of the tough skate supporters had seen Y1 SFC he would have done :x

Slightly odd spot in Eastbourne Station car park this lunchtime. New convertible Jag with reg Y1 PFC and a rather tacky Skate pendant in the window. Any clues on whom it's likely to be?

Even weirder....it's something connected to Pompey that's actually paid its tax...

y1pfc.JPG

Edited by trousers

From the BBC's report on the JPT final between Barnsley and Oxford Utd: "But the U's, currently second in League Two and supported by 34,000 fans at Wembley, could not seriously test Davies again in the closing stages.

Surely not?

Aren't Oxford typical of the two-bob, no-mark clubs in League Two that are not fit to grace the same division as p****y and should give thanks every day of the week that they are lucky enough to have the chance to play in front of the bestest, hugest support twice a season?

Well done justice system, did a cracking job there.

He's free to happily continue spouting his 1972 hatred in the face of anyone else who looks different.

Sounds like jealousy to me!

I'm sure if you also had a 'black friend' you'd be free to do the same!

Is it just me or did anyone else notice the guy who said he's been going to FP for 12 years and never witnessed anything like it! Is he deaf and blind?

Well done justice system, did a cracking job there.

He's free to happily continue spouting his 1972 hatred in the face of anyone else who looks different.

Tbh it's enough to know that they are one of the last remaining repositories of Neanderthal attitudes on this planet.

From POL

When all these scummers shout across to the Pompey fans at Swanwick station, how they're playing Chelsea etc, I just have to laugh to myself, won fook all and Leicester will be champs league next year!

They're laughing at US apparently

:lol: :mcinnes:

Edited by Pamplemousse

So they've got, what, half a dozen first team players in on loan 'til the end of the season?

I presume their loans will automatically get extended to cover the play offs, because it would be a crying shame if some of their best players weren't available.

So they've got, what, half a dozen first team players in on loan 'til the end of the season?

I presume their loans will automatically get extended to cover the play offs, because it would be a crying shame if some of their best players weren't available.

I think normally loans are covered until the 31st May. Having said this, it is Portsmouth and who knows, maybe they have made an amateurish oversight.

I think normally loans are covered until the 31st May. Having said this, it is Portsmouth and who knows, maybe they have made an amateurish oversight.

Like Michael Smith, who's loan only runs until the end of April?

From POL

They're laughing at US apparently

:lol: :mcinnes:

Ah the old, "we won stuff" thing. It's literally all they have yet technically, they don't.

What's Leicester got to do with anything? By them winning the league it means they jump up to 5 trophies.

But still, they cling to their prehistoric success that even their parents weren't old enough to witness just to make themselves feel better. Funny how the likes of Huddersfield, and "The Wanderers" don't bang on about that sort of stuff.

It's their birthday today apparently....thought they folded and made a new club?

The football club currently playing at Fratton park was incorporated in 2012. They must be thinking of one of the previous incarnations...

pompey_incorporation.JPG

Which they had to crowdfund to get......

Also:

Irrelevant exhibition about World War One shoehorned in to make up the space

You're not allowed if you are disabled

HEY LOOK WE ARENT CHARGING ANYTHING FOR KIDS

lucky spats

Personally I would go just for the spats.

Come and meet the bus? :scared:

Presumably the guys who didn't get paid were less keen on a reunion.

And to throw a dash of historical accuracy in, the very worthy Pompey Pals battalions included men recruited from as far afield as Liphook and Warsash, so rather than hogging it on Portsea they could take that exhibition around the county, perhaps on the most famousest bus?

Away to bottom-of-the-table Daggers today. Would be a nice time to see a scrappy relegation performance today - if Pompey win their game in hand then they're only two points of the automatic spots.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})