Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Plymouth have been on an unbelievable run

before Xmas, they were bottom of the league, regularly getting players sent off and had something like 4 keepers injured.

now, comfortably above Pompey pushing for the playoffs.

plymouth do have a player with star quality at a level I doubt Pompey have. Graham Carey, who is brilliant.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/18/wigan-manager-paul-cook-wine-pep-guardiola-will-get-can-skol/

Interesting interview with Paul Cook. Of course he was a skate, but from an objective point of view, he seems down to earth and likeable. And he had the sense to move far, far away from the septic isle at the first possible opportunity...

Plymouth have been on an unbelievable run

before Xmas, they were bottom of the league, regularly getting players sent off and had something like 4 keepers injured.

now, comfortably above Pompey pushing for the playoffs.

plymouth do have a player with star quality at a level I doubt Pompey have. Graham Carey, who is brilliant.

They also have my, very attractive, hairdresser's husband in goal on loan from Narridge....she and he are becoming less bemused at being asked for selfie shots! My Janner mate says he's been quite good?

Had a read through of POL, lol.

If anything tonight, I thought Cook looked younger than I remember him being at Fratton. I don't think he handled the pressure that well here.

:lol: Yeh he only won the bloody league title for them, apart from that, the pressure got to him :lol:

As well as multiple comments about Wigan having fewer fans, it being easier for him there, blah blah blah

They're still bitter about him leaving, someone suggested that they were going to sack him and bring Jackett in anyway :lol:

One of the worst games at Fratton for a long time but the wins at MK Dons and Fleetwood have only papered over the cracks: this is a poor team playing boring, uninspiring football.

Had we not suffered so many injuries it’s possible we might have sustained a playoff challenge but I’d be surprised.

Even then, it wouldn’t be a patch on the team that got promoted last season.

The Eisners need to be careful: so many supporters I know are not bothering with home games now.

Discontent is rife down there. Not sure what they're moaning about to be honest, a solid consolidation season is good for them.

Discontent is rife down there. Not sure what they're moaning about to be honest, a solid consolidation season is good for them.

lets hope Tesco make an offer to Elmer John F chicken s**t for the clown house next door, you don't even need vaseline when you come to fratton. :mcinnes:

Emmanuel Olisadebe has slammed Pompey as a small club in a hideous city

Read more at: https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/pompey-are-a-small-club-in-a-hideous-city-says-former-striker-1-8400535

Read more at: https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/pompey-are-a-small-club-in-a-hideous-city-says-former-striker-1-8400535

Former striker slams Pompey as "small club in a hideous city."

Former striker slams Pompey as "small club in a hideous city."

Not just us and spike Milligan then

BUMP

Poor show lads. There must be something to laugh at.

PS I went through Fratton on the way home from the Stoke game (don't ask...). The replacement bus service went past this massive Tescos but I looked for and couldn't see the ground. Must have lost my bearings..

BUMP

Poor show lads. There must be something to laugh at.

PS I went through Fratton on the way home from the Stoke game (don't ask...). The replacement bus service went past this massive Tescos but I looked for and couldn't see the ground. Must have lost my bearings..

It's inside Sue between the vegetable and fish isle. And they lost as well

image.jpg

They've announced the new badge... although they've got the date wrong, the current club was only founded 6 years ago? Someone needs to mock one up and correct it ;)

Better still, someone needs to give the football league a nudge, and point out their error, but after they spend thousands printing everything with it on. Surely it constitutes commercial fraud?

Conor Wilkinson on his loan spell at Pompey

That loan didn’t last long. He came off the bench for 20 minutes in Pompey’s final league game, before they went into the League 2 play-offs. Wilkinson’s hopes of being involved in those ended on the bus trip to Plymouth for their semi-final clash.

“I wouldn’t sing,” claimed the 23-year-old Irishman, who was expected to perform in front of his new team-mates as his initiation.

“I had been there for a day, I felt awkward in front of the lads.

“I said to him (then-manager Paul Cook) I would have happily paid the fine or done something instead of sing. It was pretty awkward to have sang in front of 20 lads.

“I wouldn’t have minded had I been there for a few days or so, but after one day he wanted me to sing and I wasn’t very comfortable with it. I didn’t want to sing and he sent me back.

So is it true Gao has leveraged £210m worth of debt to buy you and expects premiership income to repay it?

Amazing how so many Pompey fans are that out of touch with top flight football they haven't realised it hasn't been called the Premiership since 2007! 11 years ago! :mcinnes:

As for your question... well you made the claim so the burden of proof is on you to provide the evidence! :rolleyes: I have a feeling you are jumping to the conclusion you want with little in the way of conclusive evidence.

Edited by Matthew Le God

So is it true Gao has leveraged £210m worth of debt to buy you and expects premiership income to repay it?

We don't know. Maybe.

Either way, and irrespective of this, I don't plan to buy another season ticket unless he reassures me of his intentions and credentials.

And if we start ****ing other people's (charities, schools, small businesses, other football clubs, tax authorities etc.) money away on players to achieve some sort of success (which doesn't look likely), I won't be celebrating and I will expect the club to suffer what punishments come its way.

Amazing how so many Pompey fans are that out of touch with top flight football they haven't realised it hasn't been called the Premiership since 2007! 11 years ago! :mcinnes:

As for your question... well you made the claim so the burden of proof is on you to provide the evidence! :rolleyes: I have a feeling you are jumping to the conclusion you want with little in the way of conclusive evidence.

In all fairness, that wouldn't be out of place on this thread now would it :lol:

Good question.

As a fan base we're currently trying to work this out, as opposed to sticking our collective fingers in our ears and shouting "la la la la la" in the style of the fans of the previous football club that played at Fratton Park prior to 2012.

Meanwhile, we're attempting to win the FA Cup on merit rather than cheating our way to victory.

Thanks for asking though.

It's the return of the once-hero-now-a-villain Paul Cook to Fortress Fatpipes, live on Sky, let's hope Wigan put up a better fight than Oxford did.

Suspect we will put up more of a fight against Wigwam than you did against West Ham ;)

We don't expect to win and we won't make playoffs so abit of a non descript game to be honest.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})