Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/record-low-crowd-witness-pompey-penalty-pain-1-7612508

So as predicted Eastleigh win the attendance figure by a landslide ..... 4114 cheer on a 3-0 win for the Spitfires.

1355 cram into Fratton Park to witness yet another defeat :lol:

4114 minus the 199 Maidstone of which I was one.

Eastleigh had some hilarious little kids up the back of the stand trying to give it large who would have all legged it back to Mummy's car if anything had happened outside. Boasting about a large attendance when it's free to get in is a bit much, check their poor away support to see how many proper fans they have. They would never take 200 to Maidstone for a midweek game, infact they'd be lucky to get more than 50.

image.jpg

Good to see penny-pinching by ignoring Health & Safety is no longer an option and they kept the required lights on to highlight the exits. Although they could have saved money by turning them off and issuing everyone with their own candle.

Their 2017/18 shirt vote is online, feel free... https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/9PHPM3H

Home is their normal colours (literally no difference in any of the shorts and socks), away is white/blue/blue though there's the possibility of giving them white home AND away shorts for some lolz, third kit has uuuuuuuugly possibilities.

They're signing Jake-The-Peg? :scared:

No Graham Rix / Rolf Harris jokes, keep it classy ;)

PORTSMOUTH%20HOME%20KIT%20VOTE%202017-18.jpg

If anyone wants a laugh, or to just remember how utterly f*cking deluded they are then take a read of this thread...

Some choice quotes from there too...

I think we sneak into the prem.

Our facilities and lack of investment in the ground has held us back over the years but 16k to 17k in the 4th tier which we get is incredible and not many in england would get that.

For me, clubs that definitely arent bigger than Pompey in the prem are Stoke, boro, swansea, hull, burnley, bournemouth, leicester, watford, scum, wba, palace. All clubs that are having a good time of it recently with investment in facilities but thats all. Sunderland moved stadium at the right time but whether they are truly bigger than Pompey i am not sure.

In the championship, outside of Newcastle and Leeds, dont think there are any other clubs clearly bigger.

Pompey is a bigger club than bolton and charlton and on par with Sheff Utd imo.

There are many many smaller clubs above pompey at the minute, having a good time of it, with investment in the playing side and facilities, but Pompey will rise again. I just hope one ****ing day someone will stop the talking and improve the stadium and get us back where we belong.

Norse i think we could average 43k in prem.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=661232

If anyone wants a laugh, or to just remember how utterly f*cking deluded they are then take a read of this thread...

Brilliant, just brilliant!

"Yeah those clubs, including Leicester who won the PL and are in the CL aren't bigger than us. They've only invested in facilities, academies, created long-term plans and lived within their means, creating a sustainable model which has enabled them to stay in the top flight or bounce back if they've gotten relegated. You know, doing everything we didn't. That's all."

:mcinnes:

"Yeah those clubs, including Leicester who won the PL and are in the CL aren't bigger than us. They've only invested in facilities, academies, created long-term plans and lived within their means, creating a sustainable model which has enabled them to stay in the top flight or bounce back if they've gotten relegated. You know, doing everything we didn't. That's all."

Technically, Leicester didn't live within their means, hence going into admin the year they went up with Pompey (their £30m stadium only actually cost them about £4m as a result), and then their current owner went on a big spending spree when he first bought the club - hence the likes of Sven in charge - but soon scaled that back when he realised it was all a stupid idea.

Their desperation to be recognised as being a massive huge club is hilarious. hey got all upset when none of the media reported their massive boycott.

Apart from this thread, nobody in the football world gives two sh..ts about them.

Another deluded post

One interesting parting thought. The continual success of Bournemouth will definitely take fans away slowly but surely from your club. In fact, I would say that Brighton will naturally become the biggest south coast club as the years progress – unless we actually get our act together on and off the pitch.

:lol:

Edited by Pamplemousse

****in hilarious. They genuinly belive they are sleeping giants and when they get back to the prem they will be up there with the top teams. I dont mind not playing them its too funny to watch then wallow in league 2

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Their desperation to be recognised as being a massive huge club is hilarious. hey got all upset when none of the media reported their massive boycott.

Apart from this thread, nobody in the football world gives two sh..ts about them.

Another deluded post

:lol:

The blindingly obvious bit he missed was that the continued success of Saints and Brighton will be taking fans away from Pompey. How long have they been out of the PL? and how kids from Fareham, Chichester are going to lured away.

The blindingly obvious bit he missed was that the continued success of Saints and Brighton will be taking fans away from Pompey. How long have they been out of the PL? and how kids from Fareham, Chichester are going to lured away.

No! the blindingly obvious fact missed out here, is their history is but 6 years long. They reformed, and as such, are a new club (again), so are they saying that for the last 6 years, they have been a bigger club than all of those mentioned?

Literally every club in that list apart from possibly Burnley is bigger than them (and even Burnley have won the league as recently as the 60s, its their outdated ground that holds them back). Based on attendances alone the Skates are at best bottom half Championship material. They're about Cardiff sized nowadays, albeit without the facilities.

Edited by The9

It really is staggeringly mind blowing at just how delusional your average skate really is. It's almost like there's some sort of reality filter installed on the M275 that disconnects them from the rest of the world.

And why this obsession with 'we're a bigger club than you'?

It's an utterly fantastical argument that has no basis in reality whatsoever, and it certainly has nothing to do with what matters - results on the pitch. Ok so due to utterly criminal mismanagement they have ended up in league Two. But it's their continued poor performance that has kept them there.

They were big on the south coast once - over 60 years ago. They aren't anymore. Now they are bottom half championship at best, more like league one. With the rise of Bournemouth, Brightons continued success and other clubs coming up like Eastleigh they will never be what they once were all that time ago. The wished for investment just isn't going to happen, especially with the stadium where it currently is. Anyone insane enough to want to buy them would be effectively starting from scratch to get them anywhere above league one. Never going to happen.

why this obsession with 'we're a bigger club than you'? It's an utterly fantastical argument that has no basis in reality whatsoever

They've got a loyal fanbase, but not a big one. 15,000-16,000 in Lg2 is good but its nowhere near as good as they think it is, We averaged 22,000 in league 1 in 2010. It also doesn't go up much through the leagues. They were regularly bottom for attendances in the PL even along side giants such as Wigan and couldn't consistently sell out a ground with only 20,900 capacity. Like lots of clubs, Accrington Stanley included, they had a few glory days in the past - but its a **** of a long time ago now.

No-one cares anymore apart from them because they've got an entitlement complex and us because we think thats funny.

Edited by buctootim

I still can't believe that the skate's that I work with still believe that the shares that they have are worth something and when the get taken over (Don't laugh they still think there is someone out there for them) they will be able to cash these in and make a fortune.

I still can't believe that the skate's that I work with still believe that the shares that they have are worth something and when the get taken over (Don't laugh they still think there is someone out there for them) they will be able to cash these in and make a fortune.

It's a strange one. All but the odd owner has brought misery and club reincarnation.

Now they have an almost half say in the club, feel a connection with the club through the PST shares. The club is doing well in league two, why risk a possible adventure to the Championship which could bring back the cycle of debt and club rebirth?

It's a strange one. All but the odd owner has brought misery and club reincarnation.

Now they have an almost half say in the club, feel a connection with the club through the PST shares. The club is doing well in league two, why risk a possible adventure to the Championship which could bring back the cycle of debt and club rebirth?

Why? because if they ever brought themselves to admit that their gamble backfired then they'd also have to accept they're out of the limelight for good and all :D

That thread is a great example as to why this thread is still going.

They will never accept their true status and it's hilarious.

why risk a possible adventure to the Championship which could bring back the cycle of debt and club rebirth?

Perhaps they think that by doing that they will seem to be a "New and Improved Club" and so get more fans. I mean it

seems to work for washing powder companies ETC as their sales go up when they offer "New and Improved" versions of

their stuff. See you can fool some people for some of the time by good advertising. :)

I do hate a Saturday afternoon where there's been no comments on PTS because I know straight away they've won. They are lucky though because that one goal stopped them sliding down into the bottom half today.

They played today? Now I come to think on it, it is only this thread that reminds me that they still exist!

I wouldn't worry about it, they will always provide plenty of material for us to laugh at no matter which league they are in.

Im hoping for another season where they stutter along, scrape into the play offs and fail again. Of course the chances are they will actually do this and achieve promotion finally (at which point you can guarantee they will act as though this was the plan all along and celebrate like they've won the Treble)

I wouldn't worry about it, they will always provide plenty of material for us to laugh at no matter which league they are in.

Im hoping for another season where they stutter along, scrape into the play offs and fail again. Of course the chances are they will actually do this and achieve promotion finally (at which point you can guarantee they will act as though this was the plan all along and celebrate like they've won the Treble)

They can dust off the bus and attract record breaking crowds on Southsea Common all over again

Having spoken with our manager and a few senior staff, it seems there is an appetite to go to New York for obvious reasons.

Yeah I bet the gaffer can't wait to get on the sauce over there!

****ing hell though, seriously the gap between us and them is unreal... Our Chairman has extensive networks across North America and a guest of events like the Men in Suits conference in Brooklyn last winter, even this summer he arranged a pre season training session at UA's HQ in Baltimore. Their CEO basically cold calls the New York Cosmos whilst on a 72hr break with his missus. Probably flew cattle turning up bleary eyed in a scruffy, creased suit and egg stained crumpled shirt smelling of stale, airplane Heineken.

Peasants.

We have a strong fanbase in the States

America is a country becoming ever-more football mad, there is a genuine appetite for American fans to learn more about the English game.

Deluded. No American interested in English football has even heard of Portsmouth. Nobody at all will want to support them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Deluded. No American interested in English football has even heard of Portsmouth. Nobody at all will want to support them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Same goes for Canada. When I start talking about football and mention Southampton the usual reply is, "Oh you hate Spurs don't you". I usually reply "yes, but we have a closer rival in Portsmouth", 95% have never even heard of them.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})