Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Chez was signing John Marquis's praises on the main board's transfer thread. If it is Doncaster (unless the skates lose to Accy) then he is a major danger. 60 goals in 133 appearances - impressive stuff. 90th minute winner from him at the second leg in FP.

If not, Charlton are dangerous in a prospective final (can see them doing Sunderland).

Both Marquis and Donny have a decent record against them. Marquis was the stand out player in both games in the 16/17 season, with Donny winning both games. At **** Park he ran the game completely and looked a rolls royce of a player, although perhaps I fail to take into account the ****ness of the opponent. Donny beat them at home and drew away in the 17/18 season and both games were drawn this season. It will be a tough game for both sides. Clarke is a decent player and has better handled Marquis to be honest.

Charlton on the other hand, took the skates apart, so if you want them to go out in the semi final stage, that's the team we need them to get.

Edited by Chez

Nah, losing in the semi-final would be more amusing, as they wouldn't even get the "big day out" at Wembley.

I'm with you here. It was very enjoyable to see them lose to Plymouth last time out.

Nah, losing in the semi-final would be more amusing, as they wouldn't even get the "big day out" at Wembley.

Nah, let them get to Wembley and suffer the same fate as Wolves.

Edited by shurlock

I can't be bothered to look through 2,000 pages so please would someone confirm / deny that Penny

claimed that Football injected £3 million into the local economy every home game for Portsmouth ?

I think it was £30m or even £300m per game. It wasn't just the flying wardrobe though it was the council and Peter Storrie as well

I can't be bothered to look through 2,000 pages so please would someone confirm / deny that Penny

claimed that Football injected £3 million into the local economy every home game for Portsmouth ?

I believe it was Cllr Donna Jones that first came up with the fantasy 'impact on local ecconomy' figure... £300m per season, which equated to £11m per League One home game.... although I'm sure Miss Moneypenny repeated the claim in due course...

P7Y0YMgCyR9bnvKwzunxN5bgdrfT6KCIXO6cwHOFmBa8apR_lw1495C6XIwdCUd2UqApFR14pqB3XZOJW9O808FNDKcTqdLfHkarCG-dKIk_lxDnNt-vPIPehyT13GhZoEQ7dsQxJaTPa3-2NhcmLS15SeeSnuQY_B8AicMJtBkovIw-p9q4NsyPU7i0AOwmW26tftQoZohVJbCabnkXIToVQJhlQMHBzXHQNSGiWmF-P1ldoRww8ClnZqabes2pdBuyQzoA1K4T97i1jdZcjCPc7HEFoSI4hS9KvyU9aSVq0S2EZyQdlQCibU94B--2MmyK3rB2_0ufzfhszBbwWnxZGMTUeXRQdQE5JVYR8HLt7h3GWrf0FKAGT2ZGPhVvIjqvOI0CQATVttW7gEwofMOodKYO0N-n_7PHmCaG9c_aYXhddV6UfjDX95wmhIJwwwc6AU5FXRYXzw_KlGIyubHFSdZ_MbgDWcrNBdUc9qxDdJO4dnF-yzNi2nnt08KZa7RdlATzJnxZ9HBs9r6uDqk-sTYzRB9iAiNCjMi94LB26UpI712r2_wXzNqsXxv7porC8TTUthHFf_mpYOv4d7qf_1mhIhICtypegdNaRAYHH5aMuiO8za7wSzAbSD1iYYam7xfO65pXvb-In0_ACGdrPKOpd0zo=w750-h362-no

sr8AJEfi68pEl-KW1Burdy-wrawN_Gp6vNOxPxFHNSFzbAxf7lr10EbjIN5wuNxgZ4MOp9LgoRsp0Cm_8qzGeqlIWQAC38FFSXFMZRMeg_jJttxvo1og8swD_uMalGn1cfBRPQV44fh9qjwpy2JeCWLXLq6PeVZqoqDtXS65AFLmqeQ5cUROOl1jmsneUdd9idtUEJsos-vsWiZi7KNrC3_9vMnGG9DlukVqiXhlN9UgPYaMqEZJMaTSDXSji9Av8zsFBbFR3sbnRDZVdLBzn1v5ojVa7lIXw6EGn1ojGXLoka3BDgFuQ_O4t6UyqjJHJOcdNRjZCSjwLvpiixsOFuO30Ii1WUqvGcNRXkRp1oVd3j1UryrhUye9m-F9F1H8RA4K6ZIYGxS-1Ajyt8LGMjT3XZDnvf915RWTO3XKgsJQCog6tGRO5ZV2cWjFgAGqzKwJUkszHiomUV5BodYtAXEe_mqyeL7MttHNFcgeCPblOHvqsi6RQGeI4j34jSzZNPqfQhynoN19AHtSu9KiSzeVGaTAb8frZgYpv2FeSNPGzwh4hd0h4j8WQKcRK8v1fqbrMo6yLn4Ba2zkNqumh9cbqsxn3n4-bHnRYy4Ht64bM72IafdIhZ3YqHr-2171GYxPqJt8au3NUCKO5Y3KsZXMkI6u65G1=w1843-h697-no

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga&p=1434042#post1434042

I believe it was Cllr Donna Jones that first came up with the fantasy 'impact on local ecconomy' figure...

£300m per season, which equated to £11m per League One home game.... although I'm sure Miss Moneypenny repeated the claim

in due course...

QUOTE]

Thank you Trousers much appreciated.

Sunderland in the play offs. Bet Hampshire police thrilled about that. On form, should be Pompey but the play offs are rarely predictable. That thread on Ready to Go about the Pompey fans is going to be very long by the time the first leg comes around.

Best bit - if Sunderland knock them out we get to watch it on Netflix

Sunderland in the play offs. Bet Hampshire police thrilled about that. On form, should be Pompey but the play offs are rarely predictable. That thread on Ready to Go about the Pompey fans is going to be very long by the time the first leg comes around.

Best bit - if Sunderland knock them out we get to watch it on Netflix

they got the easiest opponent in Sunderland, who have not been good in recent weeks. Donny followed by Charlton would have been tougher.Still, being clear at the top seems a long time ago now.

Great combination going into playoffs

Kenny Jackett admitted to me on @talkSPORT2 #Pompey are 'looking leggy' also said he is concerned his strikers have stopped scoring and about the recent lack of clean sheets. Big few days on the training pitch ahead before first leg of play off semi versus #SAFC

Their allocation for the Sunderland game has been cut by a third, becasue they threw a flare into the family section last time round :mcinnes:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/sunderland-slash-portsmouth-play-off-semi-final-allocation-following-pyrotechnic-controversy-1-8916697

Comment from Catlin:

‘When we played there, there were a number of incidents on the day. Not all were necessarily Pompey-related, however, concerns have been raised.

Does he think some other team were playing there that day as well ?

Their allocation for the Sunderland game has been cut by a third, becasue they threw a flare into the family section last time round :mcinnes:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/sunderland-slash-portsmouth-play-off-semi-final-allocation-following-pyrotechnic-controversy-1-8916697

So, they were all up in arms as they allocation had been cut to 2,000 but they've still got loads of tickets left. Sunderland did them a favour, the away section would have been half empty.

This Pompey film will be totally objective and not at all sick-making I'm sure

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/balram-chainrai-and-peter-storrie-feature-as-cast-list-for-new-portsmouth-film-revealed-1-8922721

Nice to see Niel Allen heading the cast list, and using Pompey Pravda to promote it.

Surprise not to see Thierry Henry in the credits talking about his unforgettable moment being applauded by the world’s greatest supporters.

This Pompey film will be totally objective and not at all sick-making I'm sure

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/balram-chainrai-and-peter-storrie-feature-as-cast-list-for-new-portsmouth-film-revealed-1-8922721

Nice to see Niel Allen heading the cast list, and using Pompey Pravda to promote it.

The working title "Navel Gazing" got ditched then...? ;)

Sick buckets at the ready for this linked article.... https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/the-portsmouth-film-which-its-makers-hope-can-inspire-disillusioned-fans-to-save-their-clubs-1-8921594

‘It’s a timeless story and hopefully an inspirational one, because it very much has a happy ending.

‘This is a great Portsmouth story, it’s a story about the people of Portsmouth, the city of Portsmouth. A story about the tenacity of the city, that Portsmouth islander mentality which comes through quite strongly in this film.

‘Yet while it is very much a Portsmouth film, it’s an inspirational tale'

giphy.gif

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})