Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The whole city is deluded

Changes to the road layout into Portsmouth will help create an "almost New York-type" skyline, the city council has claimed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-41663229

6d3bb75b9ba0ae7fe8f03023b72216ba.jpg

As someone who has to drive into and out of that hole every day, they really do need to upgrade the roads. That said, adding loads more high-rise flats to try to create a sky line will only add more traffic, so it will defeat the purpose.

The locals will lap it up though. Start calling themselves "the New York of the south".

I'll give them one thing though. The natives really do love where they live. Which makes it even stranger that they don't look after the place.

Must be nice having such low standards.

The whole city is deluded

Changes to the road layout into Portsmouth will help create an "almost New York-type" skyline, the city council has claimed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-41663229

Council leader Donna Jones said she wanted to see "some really, really tall buildings" like in New York

Thats some high tech, visionary, forward speaking right there.

I guess her 6 year old daughter will be the architect.

Council Leader Donna Jones said "like all cities, it can be congested so we want to speed up getting in and out of the city"

Can they just put an extra three lanes on the "out" bit?

I haven't been there for a fair few years now but isn't the first thing you see on the way in the rusting hulk of an old ship, closely followed by the disgusting 1950's[???] flats? More "New Delhi" than "New York"!

Council Leader Donna Jones said "like all cities, it can be congested so we want to speed up getting in and out of the city"

Can they just put an extra three lanes on the "out" bit?

I haven't been there for a fair few years now but isn't the first thing you see on the way in the rusting hulk of an old ship, closely followed by the disgusting 1950's[???] flats? More "New Delhi" than "New York"!

Pretty much the first thing you see when leaving that aid ridden hellhole is a sign for Southampton.

To be fair to the residents, the comments in The News were pretty scathing of the idea, and the suggestion for thousands of flats (and some came to the same conclusion as Chez). Others pointed out how run down Commercial Road is, and the absence of restaurants etc.

Apart from getting the car ferry to the IOW I'd avoid driving in. Getting to the Dockyard, Mary Rose etc. is far better by train for me.

They are grumbling about moving and expanding the stadium at the moment on POL; mainly complaining that the Electricity Substation is in the way.

upload_2017-10-11_7-41-7-png.1509

as they did with the Tesco planning application, they will probably start a campaign for its removal ignoring any locals suggesting they might need power.

They are grumbling about moving and expanding the stadium at the moment on POL; mainly complaining that the Electricity Substation is in the way.

upload_2017-10-11_7-41-7-png.1509

Impressed the scum finder general hasn’t caught you yet ,any chance you could copy and paste the relevant bits .......

He really really hates that !

They've found their level. The odd flirtation with the lower depths of the Championship will be a golden era for them from now on.

Pathetic club.

I'm not sure about that. It's looking like it will be a big ask for them to be able to survive at this high a level. It'll probably be better for them if they slip back into L2, where they belong.

Big FA Cup tie at Luton tomorrow.

As with all of their cup ties, come on Pompey!!!!*

*So we can thrash them in the 3rd round

I wish we could have played them a couple years ago. They were languishing in the 4th division whilst we were beating the best teams in the land. We'd have trashed them!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})