Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Plus points for your average Skate :

A) Still fan owned.

B) Still debt free.

C) Still bring in £13 mil on match days.

D) Still get to watch 'proper' football, no fancy Dan rubbish like the PL !

E) TCWTB still around.

WTFILN

:):):)

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji6][emoji23][emoji6][emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

POL quotes (all directly copied, spelling errors and all)

Thuggery gets youpromoted

Will be cheering on anyone but them in the play offs. Dirty *****!

I not giving Plymouth any fookin credit bunch of dirty bastards

I think the manager is clueless.

As long as we keep progressing we'll be fine.

he's made some really bad decisions over the season. I'm actually raging at this though,

Ref in the first leg was to blame for this tbh.

Another season in this utter utter sheyte league , I don't know if I can take it ffs

Another quote from POL. This is from their equivalent of alpine

A match that appears to have been a microcosm of our season: of the players' failings and the manager's.I don't have any quibbles with the outcome: the pre-season favourites backed by an average gate of 16,300 regressed during the season. Mustering sixth in the basement was always a poor cumulative showing.

'Promotion and no messing about'- was that not the mantra? Remember how we saw players left out of Cup ties? All in the name of promotion.

*Possession and no penetration.

*Dismal use of subs- eg. Chaplin.

*Poor signings like McGurk and Barton- and the loanees.

*Poor at defending set-pieces

*Conceding late goals- the manager hasn't told us why, let alone been able to sort it out.

*Playing one upfront

*Playing for one half.

*Lack of width.

*Only once winning three in a row.

*Beaten five times at home in 2016 in the league.

*Five goalkeepers- he signed all but one of them. You make your own luck.

The manager's failures are numerous. He HAS failed. Getting this great and big club out of the cesspit of the basement league backed by gates almost twice as large as the next best. Remember Mick McCarthy's words? 'Weird' if we don't go up. Or Eddie Howe' eulogising Pompey? Or Shaun Derry's brutal assessment of under-achievement?

We deserve better. Raise the bar of ambition. The manager had a clean slate after the dross went. He had a good budget. He signed players on permanent deals from higher divisions, divisional rivals couldn't. He failed. He ought to do the right thing. He should resign on Monday morning. WE DESERVE BETTER. The managers in higher leagues at Derby and Sheffield United for similar poor outcomes have gone.

:lol: :mcinnes:

Another quote from POL. This is from their equivalent of alpine

[emoji38]:mcinnes:

He's bang on to be fair. They should have finished in the auto spots all day long.

I remember saying way back when that the very best we could hope for was an agonising play off semi defeat. And the boys delivered in effing spades.

That's four seasons in the bottom tier now, right?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})