Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Pompey fans have all been registering on this site to vote for themselves as having the best atmosphere in the country and Saints as the worst. The poll is so easily manipulated, it's ridiculous. But anyway it is now their big claim to fame. We could of course change it very easily and they'd be devastated. Could we be that cruel? Well, I already knocked them off top spot with just 1 vote:

http://www.the92.net/

Yeah, experienced internationals who have played in world cup finals, in games between Brazil and Argentina, in Milan derbies and Champions' League games at Galatasaray, they were frozen with fear when they played at the little fortress of Fat with the cross-eyed toothless offering lucky heather.

Perhaps it was the table and chair set from HMS Victory that intimidated them, or the Turin Shroud tablecloth, the mobility scooter stunt show, and the 17th century toilets living museum?

Either way it was all too much for every side that visited and they all froze like Hartlepool players who haven't kept a clean sheet since the London Olympics.

The few believe their own hype - life in the 4th tier must leave you out of touch with big boy football.

Pompey fans have all been registering on this site to vote for themselves as having the best atmosphere in the country and Saints as the worst. The poll is so easily manipulated, it's ridiculous. But anyway it is now their big claim to fame. We could of course change it very easily and they'd be devastated. Could we be that cruel? Well, I already knocked them off top spot with just 1 vote:

http://www.the92.net/

My one vote against them seems to have knocked them down to 3rd.

Note you have to vote on the atmosphere drop down, not just the overall rating. And you can do half a star.

Also voted up Swansea and us cos I'm a proper nutjob.

Shroedingers Fratton: you don't know what effect the crowd had until after the final whistle.

Shroedingers Fratton: That thing inside the box is alive when it went into the box with the poisonous leadership. It is simultaneously alive and dead until..............No, skate!! Don't open the box!!!!

Oh my....let the comedy begin.

Hardly a 'megastore'.....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/crime/thieves-steal-100-pompey-shirts-1-7742519

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh god, you forget just how dumbed down and maddening their journalistic 'style' is.

Sensationalised guff for the dregs of society. Single impactful sentences for the easily distracted.

Oh my....let the comedy begin.

Hardly a 'megastore'.....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/crime/thieves-steal-100-pompey-shirts-1-7742519

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So they had 100 shirts that were likely to just sit on the shelf and not making any money on shirt sales now until the new ones arrive, so...let's hope someone didn't forget to renew the insurance...

"The Fratton faithful remain the envy of many within football, their passion, loyalty and numbers rarely equalled.

Yet that immense supporter strength is proving to be the players’ undoing."

#Deludestmostest :mcinnes:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/fratton-fear-factor-floors-pompey-s-players-1-7741863

Merry Christmas all.

It's a truly amazing feat that this awesomemost crowd could strike fear in to the hearts and minds of some of the best players in the Premier league but has absolutely no effect on the likes of Hartlepool!

Even before Cook’s arrival, while sinking through the Football League it has become apparent the fear factor often grips a number of home players rather than the opposition.[/Quote]

"The Fratton faithful remain the envy of many within football, their passion, loyalty and numbers rarely equalled.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/fratton-fear-factor-floors-pompey-s-players-1-7741863

Merry Christmas all.

giphy.gif

As people have mooted before, Factless Allen has got to be on the biggest (and bestest) wind-up ever sustained, hasn't he?

The (Christmas) gift that keeps giving and giving and giving...

Edited by trousers

Merry Christmas all.

In fairness, a lot of the comments are pointing out what a torrent of ****e comes out of Allen's pen!

Top notch nutjobbery Benjii :)

g_c3C4VIpZbeCzujmZp2i7-WDnBoIVSPPfk6tXu0wmvCuGOnkBM3ViPH4I1FivwkklEnvr8r1QmUfSKVwXvoIPFh-zBoHb3NkNVWGs-AKSFACFgN-RBWCsy71kAuernMiZ5_yi1WQMtyZBKS3zdg_ejluul2jemCcnRtdkhaevyPHjcXLnb_r65oCUN7jJ2c3g6U7i3LNwotzletzJPTbZStuoI81nfM94tEjHmYJIVPvTf8Y5Iukme0nBlnD9HCM9SxSylYVboJI89q41PbU-UiUQ2AXRRE5S3kOZwSqmSGmVTn4Wq6R6dL97fQLub4rsm-amKKvTj7TkUFXAvlF9TEr43CxgdRI9d2TDwepDTOzY79tsDNUuPpBG5F-AxZRXzlQmGKXv3KAMLkr7boZFC4XdOoOLZsRLXSFegXlNLunhR7w3Ur3263ZWHAhO3FR4dxJtONd1rN_7HWjBPZY3-LZAdP8DOvhLt3g4weU2TwSfdINi28i6b3oZuUgR7B4MnixZ-lsyb5hcr4cXi0sBC1MFGFhqtO9OKaWyoR3Q8cXrDbWDfwH1qnj9tnp1TZ4cZvkfbKBuLCwwVbW9lBJ2IU4ea9uGSmfUAFp4-b8fUjB6E92vm5OA=w630-h832-no

uigL6_VwabCbA4b26JpdVvThMSf6kUJN5JFiyAS4XrOjDpNFneRauvMVWksi0OIpZmgpVJ2gGJ2Y7xkjvkktymBK1Sakctkkkq-6-SoUMGI4x40MwHmErrj0VJNsSJHsCkJYr7eWLnJuMDN34cPdgrZqTsU_vh9mom-qG6YaZ-MHVxJTNtyxXITegheLqzB3w-8rASOSQs7XyFGf2evz8wa-A1ifKXc9i1n4Mo_R2SUc2lKNAGcoO7huqOey9r_A_pQ06JJrx1MsdXMZzqhCa8CSnzfiEuNttv6woqmMwuNgqyW2BVnMrEgVTr1Qd4D7F6835jkTnUUoSz89Q4nTSkbRtBtqTkD0gYPvtINdvdWolEi_cHNNKLd3RmjSTk9pGYDGx7d3Q1Ht7tujmeN68X1II5pAQF0lCu4OEY4Tp0bM8FdWfdkFMCFCqTp9fn5Vchq6UwVGsyBGwGC3Vd8Y-6WwOn8uySb5sOjq_KGvhUFY5zFjVCZ7hVe16Zo7dChTpFV-qvUB5ft87DYJfLB9bGv3Hw128oBMNpItvsyiaKchLESxykxdAvI6lrdJK2Src4HOzE8k14FvQfyN9yVjsj6syxnsNGsfYD5Hs3_3ZPpGij3_ctWZ0g=w633-h613-no

It's hilarious and sad in equal measures that they still cling onto a draw in a game that contributed to their relegation as some kind of triumph. 'Tinpot' doesn't even begin to cover it.

p.s. talking of outstanding efforts in the field of nutjobbery, I've even had to set up a fake Twitter account just to be able to read the tripe that Factless trots out :)

Edited by trousers

I've got to admit, I wasn't expecting him to "Norris" me for publicising his article. Possibly the weirdest response to a tweet I've ever had.

Then he goes on to imply you've got be a weirdo to read the News Sport section!

It's not as though I was abusing him. Very strange to reply at all!

I've got to admit, I wasn't expecting him to "Norris" me for publicising his article. Possibly the weirdest response to a tweet I've ever had.

Then he goes on to imply you've got be a weirdo to read the News Sport section!

It's not as though I was abusing him. Very strange to reply at all!

Good work. I could have told you that you'd get "Norrised" as that's the way they are.

Has he blocked you yet?

Top notch nutjobbery Benjii :)

g_c3C4VIpZbeCzujmZp2i7-WDnBoIVSPPfk6tXu0wmvCuGOnkBM3ViPH4I1FivwkklEnvr8r1QmUfSKVwXvoIPFh-zBoHb3NkNVWGs-AKSFACFgN-RBWCsy71kAuernMiZ5_yi1WQMtyZBKS3zdg_ejluul2jemCcnRtdkhaevyPHjcXLnb_r65oCUN7jJ2c3g6U7i3LNwotzletzJPTbZStuoI81nfM94tEjHmYJIVPvTf8Y5Iukme0nBlnD9HCM9SxSylYVboJI89q41PbU-UiUQ2AXRRE5S3kOZwSqmSGmVTn4Wq6R6dL97fQLub4rsm-amKKvTj7TkUFXAvlF9TEr43CxgdRI9d2TDwepDTOzY79tsDNUuPpBG5F-AxZRXzlQmGKXv3KAMLkr7boZFC4XdOoOLZsRLXSFegXlNLunhR7w3Ur3263ZWHAhO3FR4dxJtONd1rN_7HWjBPZY3-LZAdP8DOvhLt3g4weU2TwSfdINi28i6b3oZuUgR7B4MnixZ-lsyb5hcr4cXi0sBC1MFGFhqtO9OKaWyoR3Q8cXrDbWDfwH1qnj9tnp1TZ4cZvkfbKBuLCwwVbW9lBJ2IU4ea9uGSmfUAFp4-b8fUjB6E92vm5OA=w630-h832-no

uigL6_VwabCbA4b26JpdVvThMSf6kUJN5JFiyAS4XrOjDpNFneRauvMVWksi0OIpZmgpVJ2gGJ2Y7xkjvkktymBK1Sakctkkkq-6-SoUMGI4x40MwHmErrj0VJNsSJHsCkJYr7eWLnJuMDN34cPdgrZqTsU_vh9mom-qG6YaZ-MHVxJTNtyxXITegheLqzB3w-8rASOSQs7XyFGf2evz8wa-A1ifKXc9i1n4Mo_R2SUc2lKNAGcoO7huqOey9r_A_pQ06JJrx1MsdXMZzqhCa8CSnzfiEuNttv6woqmMwuNgqyW2BVnMrEgVTr1Qd4D7F6835jkTnUUoSz89Q4nTSkbRtBtqTkD0gYPvtINdvdWolEi_cHNNKLd3RmjSTk9pGYDGx7d3Q1Ht7tujmeN68X1II5pAQF0lCu4OEY4Tp0bM8FdWfdkFMCFCqTp9fn5Vchq6UwVGsyBGwGC3Vd8Y-6WwOn8uySb5sOjq_KGvhUFY5zFjVCZ7hVe16Zo7dChTpFV-qvUB5ft87DYJfLB9bGv3Hw128oBMNpItvsyiaKchLESxykxdAvI6lrdJK2Src4HOzE8k14FvQfyN9yVjsj6syxnsNGsfYD5Hs3_3ZPpGij3_ctWZ0g=w633-h613-no

It's hilarious and sad in equal measures that they still cling onto a draw in a game that contributed to their relegation as some kind of triumph. 'Tinpot' doesn't even begin to cover it.

p.s. talking of outstanding efforts in the field of nutjobbery, I've even had to set up a fake Twitter account just to be able to read the tripe that Factless trots out :)

I like his articles, and have to admit I did put him forward for journalist of the year 'Best newcomer in Articles for Sale' category

They won't like this:

http://www.the92.net/stats/overall/atmosphere#.WFvZRlOLRyw

We're above them for atmosphere :lol:

And a long way above them for stadium :lol::scared:

http://www.the92.net/stats#.WFvZbVOLRyw

Fratton park is a long way down the list, below fantastic stadia such as griffin park, valley parade, and chesterfield's Proact Stadium :mcinnes:

St Mary's also comes in as 4th on the overall top rated vote:

http://www.the92.net/stats/overall/pint-selection#.WFvZ6lOLRyw

(Krap Nottarf is down in 88th :lol: :lol: :lol:)

Considering they have purposely signed up to influence this vote I think we should in fact be knocking several positions of their already laughable votes? Rather makes the entire vote all rather amusing :)

:lol:

Time to bring back this old favourite!

img013_zpsdf4d0180.jpg

Some interesting faces in that line-up.

Colin Clarke, who played for us (and could be the only player to appear for all three Hampshire south coast clubs, us, Bompey and p****y), Steve Wigley who would coach and then manage us for a short- ill-fated time, and John Beresford, one of our better left-backs of recent times.

That might also be Jon Gittens on the right of the middle row and next to Colin Clarke is Andy Gosney, who came from Millbrook, while Lee Russell haled from Hedge End.

Slap bang in the middle of the picture is Graeme Hogg, former Manchester United defender, who features in one of the best Thick Footballers stories.

The big Scottish Ned was detailed to nip across to the Isle of Wight to give out some prizes at a supporters' function, and he had never crossed the Solent before.

His team-mates managed to convince him he needed his passport and several of them gilded the con by giving him money and asking him to get them some duty-frees.

He duly boarded the ferry for Ryde and was if he wasn't disappointed when the eye-rolling staff refused to check his passport, he was when he found the car ferry for the 20-minute trip did not feature a duty-free shop.

They won't like this:

http://www.the92.net/stats/overall/atmosphere#.WFvZRlOLRyw

We're above them for atmosphere :lol:

And a long way above them for stadium :lol::scared:

http://www.the92.net/stats#.WFvZbVOLRyw

Fratton park is a long way down the list, below fantastic stadia such as griffin park, valley parade, and chesterfield's Proact Stadium :mcinnes:

St Mary's also comes in as 4th on the overall top rated vote:

http://www.the92.net/stats/overall/pint-selection#.WFvZ6lOLRyw

(Krap Nottarf is down in 88th :lol: :lol: :lol:)

Considering they have purposely signed up to influence this vote I think we should in fact be knocking several positions of their already laughable votes? Rather makes the entire vote all rather amusing :)

:lol:

Haha f***in hell. They can't even rig a vote properly.

I shall be attending Portsmouth's next match - away to bottom of the universe Newport County, who went to 120 minutes with Plymouth whilst getting knocked out of the FA Cup on Wednesday.

FWIW thanks to the damage to the away stand caused by over-exuberant Plymouth fans there are 195 fewer seats available in the away end.

Strangely this has not caused any issues for Portsmouth's travelling hordes getting tickets.

It's a picture that never gets old. Unlike the shithole in the background.

Merry Crimbo nutjobs.

God bless us, every one.

And lest we forget, here's a reminder of how good life is for us compared with the phew.

This is from when they were preparing for life in the *championship* :lol: and they're now two divisions below that.

Pompey, proudly sinking without trace since 2010 :smug:

553dfb0d747a95eaffc2e62d8dd7c0d0bb2f9f1e.jpg

Edited by Waterside.saint

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})