Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I'm enjoying all this talk of them getting investment from Micky Mouse and tearing up the leagues.... unfortunately they're forgetting a fundamental fact...

Financial Fair Play - they can only spend 60% of their turnover (which does not include equity investments) on wages.... they might be able to buy Ronaldinho but they'll never be able to afford his wages...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

They live in an alternative universe. One where the actual shareholders of the football club company are called "presidents" (note plural because there are a few of them) and members of the supporters club are called "shareholders". Got it?

I would have thought the close season is when they'd spend the money on maintenance? I do hope anybody engaged to work on the ground gets their money upfront. Perhaps no need for finance "in the next few months" is because that's _at least_ how long it will take them to get round to paying..

I just read a bit of that News stuff. They can't be for real, can they?

Eisner has told them that he intends to split the stadium from the club, and move them somewhere else within 15 miles. And yet they still think that he will takeover and fund whatever repairs are required now and in the future to keep "the old girl" in tip-top condition. (as well as buying their shares back and buying a new squad and paying the wages and.....)

I know we have quite a few skates on here. Wake up and smell the coffee guys. Fratton Park is a gonner. You're going somewhere else. If you want to control where you end up playing, then tell Eisner to take a hike, otherwise accept his offer and he'll let you know where you'll be playing in due course.

So couple of points. It's not just the stadium issue. If you look at the cost to be competitve in league 1 and the huge amount required in the championship we need external investment let alone fratton park issues.

In terms of money back to shareholders the genreal consensus on pol is that we put money in to save the club. No one expected money back and it is known you could not expect to make a profit bar a small amount of interest by law.

Your budget is already average for League One, at least. You don't need investment to be competitive in League One. You need investment because your ground is a dump and will bankrupt you otherwise.

They need the takeover, those in charge can see it but i'm not sure those who invested can (I really really really hope they block the sale :lol: ).

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who does / doesn't approve the takeover, it'll happen.

Perhaps Pompey will go to the council and get them to do a deal with the taxpayers money (again) The Liverpool council have bought Evertons training ground and then letting them pay at a reduced rent, no doubt they will try and put this forward to their local council

Eisner has told them that he intends to split the stadium from the club, and move them somewhere else within 15 miles.

Must admit I've not really read much of the detail of what both sides have said, but if he's actually said that, they absolutely should be rejecting the offer. But of course, someone's made hollow promises to them with nothing to back them up, so of course they'll wave it through...

I'm using a little bit of embellishment, Steve. I haven't read the proposal either, but it is reported that they have asked him to agree that he will not separate the club from the stadium, and he has refused to agree to that. It's not quite the same thing, but when he finds out how much it will cost him, and not having any emotional ties to Fratton Park whatsoever, I think it amounts to much the same thing. The fact that he has definately stipulated a 15 mile limit speaks volumes.

Why would you take them over and want to build a new stadium with private money? Completely ridiculous plan.

He is either hoping to keep Krap Nottarf running and flip them on for a profit if they can get into upper Champ / Prem, or else he wants to flog off Fratton and ground-share somewhere.

The idea that he would fund a new stadium must surely be pie-in-the-sky.

We all know they'll dress this up as the greatest takeover in history, yet the reality for the few is somewhat different. They either carry on as they are, Fratton leaking money every season and they'll be lucky to ever go higher then the Champ. Or they sell out to Mickey, FP is bulldozed and they move to an out of city borefest.

Why would you take them over and want to build a new stadium with private money? Completely ridiculous plan.

He is either hoping to keep Krap Nottarf running and flip them on for a profit if they can get into upper Champ / Prem, or else he wants to flog off Fratton and ground-share somewhere.

The idea that he would fund a new stadium must surely be pie-in-the-sky.

I assume he seen that they can generate £m's from somewhere to get his investment retruning. Where I dont know, the cost of a new even a 20k stadium must be now in the 60-80m mark. He also has to get past the planners and the locals near a stadium, we know our own problems doing that in the past. I assume he hasnt come across the planning you need over here compared to the US

How much are houses worth in Fratton?

He's buying the club, including the stadium, for £5m ish. If they put out some exciting looking plans for a new stadium and ground share "whilst the plans are being finalised" - could he make a profit from just developing the ground into houses/flats and then selling a homeless club for £1 a year or so later?

It would be interesting to know what sort of "reduced capacity" is being talked about. A few hundred, a couple of thousand, 5,000... etc?

Top half at least of South (main) stand closed.

It's one of the few wooden stands remaining and some of the gaps between the boards are alarming. They concourse below can be seen through some of them.

North stand upper tier also wooden and giving cause for concern.

It too, is wooden and fire and safety officers are worried that no number of fire extinguishers would be enough to prevent another Bradford City.

So that would be the stands along both touchlines.

Milton End also inadequate in terms of toilet facilities, and also exits in the event of emergency. "The best emergency exit is on to the pitch" is no longer acceptable to safety and fire officers.

What I was told.

How much are houses worth in Fratton?

He's buying the club, including the stadium, for £5m ish. If they put out some exciting looking plans for a new stadium and ground share "whilst the plans are being finalised" - could he make a profit from just developing the ground into houses/flats and then selling a homeless club for £1 a year or so later?

That's the only real concrete business plan that makes any sense to me but, really, is some random, aging former exec from the States who is allegedly a dollar billion going to be arsed with doing that?

So the move to Titchfield is still a possibility, but West of Dibbets corner is safe.

Good luck with getting planning permission for a football stadium in leafy, rural Titchfield, assuming there is anywhere you could actually built it.

If there is any open land in Titchfield, it is only there because it is likely to flood when the River Meon overflows (which it does many times every winter).

It would cost a lot of money to control or divert the river Meon, even assuming you could do that. Lots of environmental groups would ensure that would never happen.

Once you get west of Titchfield, you are getting into SO postcode territory.

Again, they are faced with the problem of a lack of available land on the Sceptic Isle, or land off it on which they are likely to get planning permission.

Either way, it will cost a fortune. You cannot build a modern stadium for the £1m per 1,000 seats it cost to build St Mary's and others back in the day.

The days of relatively cheap stadiums have gone, they have missed the open-top bus on that one. And he doesn't seem the sort to spend the £60m the phew would be demanding.

Incidentally, he seems to have gone overnight from being a millionaire to a billionaire in the P****y Pravda.

Good luck with getting planning permission for a football stadium in leafy, rural Titchfield, assuming there is anywhere you could actually built it.

If there is any open land in Titchfield, it is only there because it is likely to flood when the River Meon overflows (which it does many times every winter).

It would cost a lot of money to control or divert the river Meon, even assuming you could do that. Lots of environmental groups would ensure that would never happen.

Once you get west of Titchfield, you are getting into SO postcode territory.

Again, they are faced with the problem of a lack of available land on the Sceptic Isle, or land off it on which they are likely to get planning permission.

Either way, it will cost a fortune. You cannot build a modern stadium for the £1m per 1,000 seats it cost to build St Mary's and others back in the day.

The days of relatively cheap stadiums have gone, they have missed the open-top bus on that one. And he doesn't seem the sort to spend the £60m the phew would be demanding.

Incidentally, he seems to have gone overnight from being a millionaire to a billionaire in the P****y Pravda.

giphy.gif

Another Eisner or bust article from Factless.

Apparently, the Presidents aren't prepared to pay for the stadium work as per the Trust's proposals, so it's play in a tumbledown ruin or take the yankee dollar.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/pompey-president-declares-eisner-takeover-stance-1-7942256

Lee's 50 shares equate to 0.88%, so his vote ain't going to make a huge difference. Moth, Kirk and the PST are the ones that matter.

giphy.gif

I've never quite understood the ridicule of the term `shareholder'. There are restrictions and there is obviously no dividend, but they do own a share of the club and as we are about to possibly find out - they can be sold, all be it on mass, and possibly for a profit. or am I missing something...

I've never quite understood the ridicule of the term `shareholder'. There are restrictions and there is obviously no dividend, but they do own a share of the club and as we are about to possibly find out - they can be sold, all be it on mass, and possibly for a profit. or am I missing something...

The Presidents do own real shares but Joe Bloggs are in reality only members of the Trust, who own shares.

Don't the Trust own about 48% so if the cattle don't do as they're told they could scupper Eisner with the support of perhaps just one minor president.

They can't make a profit. Not allowed to.

Tornante have offered two options for the price of the shares. £1000 cash now, or £1 now followed by a

series of payments that are conditional on future promotions.

The PST cannot distribute profits to its members and therefore the PST Board have decided that the only

offer that we can present to our Community Shareholders is the option for £1000 immediate cash

payment

They can't make a profit. Not allowed to.

Tornante have offered two options for the price of the shares. £1000 cash now, or £1 now followed by a

series of payments that are conditional on future promotions.

The PST cannot distribute profits to its members and therefore the PST Board have decided that the only

offer that we can present to our Community Shareholders is the option for £1000 immediate cash

payment

Thanks. Couldn't find reference to that in the PST membership information.

We all know what builders estimates are like, £5m will probably double by the time the work gets started.

Lol yep - another quote from the same report...

It is unlikely that the initial compliance cost estimate, simply to maintain the status quo of ‘£5M over

five years’, is substantially wrong. It could potentially be slightly lower, but there is a possibility it could

be substantially higher.

I'm enjoying all this talk of them getting investment from Micky Mouse and tearing up the leagues.... unfortunately they're forgetting a fundamental fact...

Financial Fair Play - they can only spend 60% of their turnover (which does not include equity investments) on wages.... they might be able to buy Ronaldinho but they'll never be able to afford his wages...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are clearly forgetting that this is Pompey - i.e.. normal rules do not apply :)

2017/18 season ticket prices

Early Bird prices *****il Friday, June 30)

Adult: £369

Senior (63 and above on January 1 2018.)*: £275

Young Person (18-22 on September 1 2017)*: £240

Junior (17 and under on September 1 2017)*: £80

Special Concession (proof of DLA or PIP)

Wheelchair user: £199

Ambulant: £229

Child (9 and under on September 1 2017)*

Free in the Family Section when accompanied by a full-paying adult, senior or special concession

Executive Seating (subject to availability)

Adult: £489

Senior: £369

Post Early Bird prices (After Friday, June 30)

Adult: £419

Senior (63 and above on January 1 2018.)*: £315

Young Person (18-22 on September 1 2017)*: £280

Junior (17 and under on September 1 2017)*: £99

Free in the Family Section when accompanied by a full-paying adult, senior or special concession

*Proof of age required

Read more at http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/pompey-season-ticket-information-for-the-201718-season-3703223.aspx#bW87w5bbxBuiQDyM.99

join the queues

obviously there are no austerity cuts in that area and the council can afford these events!!!! If i was a local council tax payer I would ask questions to this waste

*Proof of age required

Read more at http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/pompey-season-ticket-information-for-the-201718-season-3703223.aspx#bW87w5bbxBuiQDyM.99

join the queues

Cheap as chips for 23 home games that, kids practically free too.

Love how the early bird discount is in no way whatsoever timed to finish up on the last day of their financial year!

*Proof of age required

join the queues

"Executing Seating" - a seat on a treated wooden plank thick enough to guarantee you won't go crashing through the floor of the stand and up in the tea urn of the snack bar.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})