Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I really don't understand why so many Nutjobs keep thinking they should actually walk this league. Pompey are actually that ****. They are at the right level.*

*Operationally - morally and ethically they should be outside the Football League.

They are the biggest club in that league. Which is why their constant failure is absolutely hilarious.

Some cracking stuff over on the POL message board.

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/index.php

Among the many reasons given for calling for Cook's head, is that perhaps he isn't used to dealing with the intense media attention that comes with the job.

That intense media attention will be from the compliant and puppy-dog-eager-to-please News, Radio Solent, Radio Lollipop community radio and an agency to provide the three or four paragraphs that get into those national newspapers that feign interest in covering League Two.

A trust member this week proudly told me they are debt free, have half a million pound in the bank and everything is going fantastically.

Yes, you are debt-free as you wiped off £135m worth of debt as though it never existed. The insouciance and laissez-faire attitude with which he told me they were debt-free is absolutely astounding and really shows they have no morals and just don't and didn't care how they stiffed HMRC and the local economy.

I suspect the half million pound in the bank is monopoly money but it sounds as though rather than perform the novelty for them of paying some bills on time they will be using it in the emergency loan period to fund the signing of more expensive has-beens, although the way things are going they might need it to pay off Cook (although it's more likely he will have to drag them kicking and screaming through the courts to get his severance pay from the serial non-payers).

I think we naively believed the advent of the trust would create a new dawn at the Fortress of Fibs and I'm sure that some of us were even secretly hoping they would have a (small) measure of success to show that honesty and integrity pay off.

But no. The trust are no different from the previous owners. They will go as far as they can and get away with whatever they can in the pursuit of success.

Community-based and fan-owned? Like the child maimer , The Invisible Prince, The Pension Thief and the other undesirables, they will not hesitate to screw their own community while pulling the wool over their eyes.

Two months ago he was telling me what a great manager they have in Cook, now they are already looking to replace him, and that's the problem with having a supposedly fan-owned club.

The fans in charge think they know how to run a football club when they are no more qualified and have the same knee-jerk reactions to any fans ranting and raving on any club message board.

As long as this bunch are in charge this thread will keep going and we will have plenty of fun at their expense.

Some cracking stuff over on the POL message board.

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/index.php

Among the many reasons given for calling for Cook's head, is that perhaps he isn't used to dealing with the intense media attention that comes with the job.

That intense media attention will be from the compliant and puppy-dog-eager-to-please News, Radio Solent, Radio Lollipop community radio and an agency to provide the three or four paragraphs that get into those national newspapers that feign interest in covering League Two.

A trust member this week proudly told me they are debt free, have half a million pound in the bank and everything is going fantastically.

If their wage bill is 2.5m a year or suchlike they will need that £500,000 to pay the wages between now and when the next batch of season ticket money starts coming in. Good to hear they won't be going into debt to pay those. I mean if they have financial problems with the fans at the helm after they have blamed all the previous dodgy owners for their troubles, they would become the laughing stock of football...oh.

Here's that hilarious interview after the Orient game yesterday with Pompey's neanderthal manager Paul Cook.

https://audioboom.com/boos/4153418-pompey-boss-paul-cook-has-an-interview-with-martin-hopkins

Absolute gold, thanks for posting it, I was hoping someone would!

I love the opening sentence by the interviewer, "bad luck Paul, where's it gone wrong for pompey this afternoon" in such a dry and patronising tone, brilliant.

Cook could even mount a challenge to the great Clotterill in the post match meltdown interviews, if they continue their capitulation.

PMSL

Pompey105 2:57 PM on 07/02/2016

"The Pompey players have to realise that they are "targets" for all other Div 2 teams. Big spending Pompey are the envy of the Division, and therefore all other teams are going to scrap, battle and fight for points against the "fancy dan" boys of this league.

"If we can beat, Derby, Ipswich, and take Bournemouth "all the way", why cant we roll over these minor sides??"

:mcinnes:

Read more: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/pompey-0-leyton-orient-1-neil-allen-s-match-report-1-7201891#ixzz3zVOpUmga

Bristol Rovers are in great form, that will be another tough game for the skates. They'll bring a few fans as well if their visits to SMS in League 1 were anything to go by. I can remember Guly's late winner in 10-11 and their late 3-2 winner the previous year which was a cracking game.

Cook's conduct with the interviewer afterwards was shocking and really sounds like they are panicking. It'll be alright, the Pompey faithful never boo of course and always get behind their side ;-)

Orient will be a force now Nolan has gone there, especially if he gets fit to play and Carlisle have got games in hand after the floods and a healthy squad after runs in both cups and the ties with Liverpool/Everton. Their best hope of automatic is Plymouth crashing, Oxford have a strong squad and Northampton are over the hills and away. Wonder when POL will start accusing Northampton of cheating after their flirt with administration?

Bristol Rovers are in great form, that will be another tough game for the skates. They'll bring a few fans as well if their visits to SMS in League 1 were anything to go by. I can remember Guly's late winner in 10-11 and their late 3-2 winner the previous year which was a cracking game.

Their fans went ****ing mental at that winning goal. It was one of those where you know it's in as soon as it's hit. Great strike.

They're STILL harping on about the goal they scored against Bournemouth which they seemed to be very proud of losing. The specialest, majesticest, patientest goal ever scored.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/so-was-it-the-best-pompey-goal-ever-1-7195992

The stock of ordinary superlatives furnished by our impoverished English language fail to do justice to that wonder goal.

What they could really do with is a completely different language like Bulgarian, where superlatives can be grammatically applied to nouns and even verbs.

Come to think of it, much of what I read in Pompey пра̑вда makes as much sense to me as Bulgarian.

Edited by Waterside.saint

Hilarious. It's that mix of self righteous delusion and indignant 'this couldn't possibly be happening to us' which shows absolutely no signs of abating.

Just a small club on the south coast who were second fiddle from the '60's right up until the '00's when they had a brief fling in the top flight which they only managed by trying to avoid the bills from all and sundry. They only managed 7seasons before it all fell down round their ears, anyone would think they had a pedigree like ours in the top flight they way they carry on.

Some of the comments on POL are just unreal - best one so far is 'a lot of people have money invested in the club'

NO YOU DON'T IT WAS A DONATION

They're STILL harping on about the goal they scored against Bournemouth which they seemed to be very proud of losing. The specialest, majesticest, patientest goal ever scored.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/so-was-it-the-best-pompey-goal-ever-1-7195992

Let's be honest, it was a good piece of possession play. But if you watch what Bournemouth are doing, they aren't exactly chasing the ball, more sitting back and waiting for the skates to do something with it. It's not really that special. Just the last couple of passes really contribute to the goal, nothing else. However you find your myths where you can

Hilarious. It's that mix of self righteous delusion and indignant 'this couldn't possibly be happening to us' which shows absolutely no signs of abating.

Just a small club on the south coast who were second fiddle from the '60's right up until the '00's when they had a brief fling in the top flight which they only managed by trying to avoid the bills from all and sundry. They only managed 7seasons before it all fell down round their ears, anyone would think they had a pedigree like ours in the top flight they way they carry on.

Some of the comments on POL are just unreal - best one so far is 'a lot of people have money invested in the club'

NO YOU DON'T IT WAS A DONATION

4412767.jpg

]image.jpg

Just seen this on the Twitter of one of the inbreds, nearly fell about laughing. Imagine an away team player reading that, gets a bit anxious, and then steps out into a rickety old dump stuck in a timewarp. Their tinpotness knows no bounds!

Hold on we gave a winner

Barcelona..... Really........

well Pep did nearly join them in 2005 (just the likes of Man City, Man United and Chelsea in front of them in the queue) and that brush with greatness clearly rubbed off on them eleven years later to produce the sort of outstanding tica-taca football that is helping to tear up the division right now.

Yep its here. From "passing like Barcelona" to "your son is a nonce" in 15 posts. Impressive even by football forum standards. :uhoh:

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=619666

There's a bit of a theme with the 'your son is a nonce' stuff. It was spread over about 8 of the threads there - clearly a couple of skates having issues with each other.

I'm still very amused by the Barcelona references, it just shows how monumentally deluded they are. What I don't get though is that just seems to be the skates, the bindippers and plastic Man U fans who are like this. I've never met fans of any other club who have this unjustified sense of self entitlement. Or at least not to such a high level

well Pep did nearly join them in 2005 (just the likes of Man City, Man United and Chelsea in front of them in the queue) and that brush with greatness clearly rubbed off on them eleven years later to produce the sort of outstanding tica-taca football that is helping to tear up the division right now.

Was that before or after Maradona agreed to be their football ambassador?

So, the hilarity never ceases on the Isle of Delusions. My lungs are f*cked from laughing so much at some of the previous pages. :lol:

Anyway, it seems that Danny Osvaldo has finally found his level, not to mention the perfect club for him. A c*nt amongst c*nts:

1307322599.jpg

]image.jpg

Just seen this on the Twitter of one of the inbreds, nearly fell about laughing. Imagine an away team player reading that, gets a bit anxious, and then steps out into a rickety old dump stuck in a timewarp. Their tinpotness knows no bounds!

If I was an away player I would smile at the fortress Fratton bit .. Smacks of arrogance and haven't they just lost the last three at home

If I was an away player I would smile at the fortress Fratton bit .. Smacks of arrogance and haven't they just lost the last three at home

Some Fratton Facts:

They've won just 5 out of 15 home league games this season, and they've not yet beaten a team currently in the top 14 of the division. They've beaten the bottom 3, Barnet (18th) and Crawley (15th).

This is their third season in League Two, and they have won 25 out of 61 of their home league games in that period, losing 17 and drawing 19.

They have only beaten one team home or away who were subsequently promoted that season (Rochdale in 2013/14).

The headline states it as fact. Read the article though and it becomes more of a "my mate down the pub told me...." situation.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/pep-guardiola-nearly-joined-pompey-1-7203250

The headline states it as fact. Read the article though and it becomes more of a "my mate down the pub told me...." situation.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/pep-guardiola-nearly-joined-pompey-1-7203250

Classic Portsmyth :mcinnes:

[1] Story starts confidently enough with something like 'Maradona is going to be our Ambassador'

[2] Changes gradually to a still-bullish 'Maradona has definitely expressed interest in being our Ambassador, honest, call me a liar'

[3] Gradually fades away to 'name_of_skate_with_unimpeachable_character once told me if Maradona ever finds himself at a loose end he could do worse than interning for us pro bono'

ignored them from 60's until today, the more you ignore them the more wound up they get

give it 10 more years and there will be very few living who actually saw them in 1950 when they won Div one

you go round the Hilsea roundabout and enter a time warp, always been like it always will be like it

Some Fratton Facts:

They've won just 5 out of 15 home league games this season, and they've not yet beaten a team currently in the top 14 of the division. They've beaten the bottom 3, Barnet (18th) and Crawley (15th).

This is their third season in League Two, and they have won 25 out of 61 of their home league games in that period, losing 17 and drawing 19.

They have only beaten one team home or away who were subsequently promoted that season (Rochdale in 2013/14).

And none of that smacks as promotion to me! [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Abramovich to be owner, Pep to be manager, and yet only in the way Pompey can, we blew it all.

And yet i'm still proud of the eventual outcome, considering we're still among the largest fan-owned clubs in the country.

:mcinnes:

Better to be in L2 with our history than be in the PL with their history. That is always my mantra for them.

:mcinnes: :mcinnes:

Talking to an Orient fan today

he said that the O's were very much the better side on Saturday

He also reckoned the floodlights were 'dodgy' ie 2 pylons were working with supplementary illumination provided by lights hung from one of the stands

Surely this cant be right!!

Wasn't there significant investment in 'Championship' standard floodlights?

]image.jpg

One city

One club

One win in the last 6

Some Fratton Facts:

So more :

fort-life.jpg

Than :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-DR6wxvsw2nz_mvmV9Q1mNF37bElTABP9MvnRPQ4XgeEDEzaZZA

Just out of curiosity as I don't really bother with Portsmouth any more how come there is such a disparity with games played in the league? You have teams having played 25/36 games and some on 30, seems unusual to have such a gap

Flooded pitches and FA Cup runs, he says to CumbrianSaint. :?

4412767.jpg

I hate going on about the comparisons with Newport's Fan Takeover (no I don't) but the process of "selling the Supporters' Trust shares" and recovering any initial investment is clearly documented in Newport's offer, because, you know, actual transparency. I can't imagine anyone's going to want to actually do it of course, goodwill and all that.

]image.jpg

Are they still using that? Given that they've changed their logo again at least once since then.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})