Fitzhugh Fella

Oh, it's such a perfect day

I'm glad I'm laughing at skates

Oh, such a perfect day

The saints keep marching on

You're going to reap just what you sow

You should have paid all that you owed

Before anyone takes the ****** - they did finish in the highest position in their short history and never looked likely to be relegated out of the football league, so all in all they had a pretty good season.

I'd be surprised if they don't rip up Division Four next year - or at least finish joint top again.

He's bang on to be fair. They should have finished in the auto spots all day long.

I remember saying way back when that the very best we could hope for was an agonising play off semi defeat. And the boys delivered in effing spades.

That's four seasons in the bottom tier now, right?

They've only completed three so far.

It's a real leveller of a division. Bradford found it hard going to get out of this division.

He's bang on to be fair. They should have finished in the auto spots all day long.

I remember saying way back when that the very best we could hope for was an agonising play off semi defeat. And the boys delivered in effing spades.

That's four seasons in the bottom tier now, right?

They've only completed three so far.

It's a real leveller of a division. Bradford found it hard going to get out of this division.

Which is strange, because its set up to be the easiest to get out of and the most difficult to get relegated from.

You've got to hand it to the skates, they really are the bestestmostest at p!ssing it all away

Just spoke to a bloke on our street who goes to Argyle with his boy.

he sits near-ish to the away fans (not right next to them)

and when plymouth scored, all sorts were being thrown into the argyle fans from the blue-few. His 12 year old got a whack on the head with a smoke-bomb thing and had to be treated for it.

nice

A lot of Pompey fans criticising Allsop the loanee GK from Bournemouth

According to Guy Whittingham on Radio Solent a number of GK's who were approached turned down the opportunity to play for Pompey in the end of seasons games

Seems very odd

According to Guy Whittingham on Radio Solent a number of GK's who were approached turned down the opportunity to play for Pompey in the end of seasons games

Seems very odd

Apparently Cook has signed five goalies since he's been there - all carp if POL is to be believed.

Only just seen the score! Excuse me for a while... I may not have enough socks for the amount of laughing I'm about to embark upon.

[emoji38]

It was in the last minute as well! A glorious ending that was predicted in this thread. We all wanted that an agonising last minute play-off defeat would finish off their promotion hopes :lol:

Would also just like to point out that I drive my son home, dropped him off, heard the score and then drive back to Southampton and I laughed my way down the M3.

I posted in the early stages of the season saying that, surely, they would get promotion. Surely they couldn't possibly fail AGAIN.

Oh dear..... I do hope they didn't bet everything on promotion this season.

It was in the last minute as well! A glorious ending that was predicted in this thread. We all wanted that an agonising last minute play-off defeat would finish off their promotion hopes :lol:

Hahahahaha !!! Ho ho ho. Oh my, isn't life good.

Oh, it's such a perfect day

I'm glad I'm laughing at skates

Oh, such a perfect day

You're going to reap just what you sow

You should have paid all that you owed

Excellent. :thumbup:

I wonder if Saint Sinner could make a cover version?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32756238

May 2015

Portsmouth chairman Iain McInnes has hinted that next season will be his last at the Fratton Park helm.

McInnes unveiled his fourth permanent manager in his two-year spell as chairman and he said he hoped Paul Cook was his last.

"We don't want to continue to change managers, that is not the plan," McInnes told BBC South Today,

"Promotion is the target, these fans should be demanding it. This guy is going to deliver it for us.

"This is one last hurrah now. Paddy Ashdown said if it doesn't work I'll eat my hat. I'm a seven and a half so it'll be a big hat but I will eat it if this guy doesn't get us out of this league."

giphy.gif

Edited by trousers

love it, would have been funnier if they'd scored in front of the skates though, just to see the look of dejection on the face of all those s****s, stood on the spot where we celebrated wrapping up league 1 promotion 5 years ago.

A message to all those skates reading this but afraid to show their faces, I'm looking at you Corp Ho, remember how you laughed at us against Derby in 2007? Well I hope you're ****ing hurting tonight you dirty bunch of inbreds. Mind the gap, we'll send you a postcard from our European tour.

Seems very odd

Wot d'yo expect, 'ee's a farkin plastic summah in'ee ?

I've just told 'the boy' that Pompey are now condemned to yet another season playing at the arse-end of English football. The look of sheer joy that instantly appeared over his little face on hearing this news was both wonderious to see - and not a little frightening all at the same time.

I think it is safe to say now that at the age of 9 he is already a fully paid-up member of the 'Southampton 'till I die' fraternity - God help him.

Genuine question, can anyone remember when they had promotion pencilled in on their financial plan and how much difference it makes in cash terms for every year they miss out on promotion?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

What makes you think they have a financial plan?

Wasn't there some document produced?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Anyone can scribble numbers on the back of a fag packet and call it a financial plan. They've thrown the kitchen sink at it this season and failed. I can't see how they are going to get more finance in to a club with such a poor financial reputation and in such need of money just to bring it up to proper modern standards. Not only that, I was seeing a lot of 'I can't watch another season of League Two' around last night.

Numbers will inevitably start to drop - not by much I'll grant you but each fan lost has exponential effect on income, and they're going to need every penny they can scrounge out of the bestest over the summer. I'm also wondering if the partisan nature of the fans is making players shy away from going there- all it takes is a couple of poor games and the hero/villain swing-o-metre is in action.

Edited by Mr Biscuits

Anyone can scribble numbers on the back of a fag packet and call it a financial plan. They've thrown the kitchen sink at it this season and failed. I can't see how they are going to get more finance in to a club with such a poor financial reputation and in such need of money just to bring it up to proper modern standards. Not only that, I was seeing a lot of 'I can't watch another season of League Two' around last night.

Numbers will inevitably start to drop - not by much I'll grant you but each fan lost has exponential effect on income, and they're going to need every penny they can scrounge out of the bestest over the summer. I'm also wondering if the partisan nature of the fans is making players shy away from going there- all it takes is a couple of poor games and the hero/villain swing-o-metre is in action.

This. I suppose you could say their hero/zero/villain swing-o-meter 'swings' into action :)

May 2015

Portsmouth chairman Iain McInnes has hinted that next season will be his last at the Fratton Park helm.

McInnes unveiled his fourth permanent manager in his two-year spell as chairman and he said he hoped Paul Cook was his last.

"We don't want to continue to change managers, that is not the plan," McInnes told BBC South Today,

"Promotion is the target, these fans should be demanding it. This guy is going to deliver it for us.

"This is one last hurrah now. Paddy Ashdown said if it doesn't work I'll eat my hat. I'm a seven and a half so it'll be a big hat but I will eat it if this guy doesn't get us out of this league."

So now we know the real reason Cook is not likely to get the tin tack after failing to get the most expensively assembled squad out of the lowest tier of English professional football.

Champagne Iain doesn't want to risk indigestion by tucking into a sombrero.

Portsmouth FC - the Josef Friztl in football's basement.

Well, what a fantastic time to be alive. Yesterday was glorious, perfect weather, perfect result and another record finish for the Saints.

The skates losing in the playoffs was the ultimate outcome, we on here dreamt of it, the perfect nightmare scenario for the fish fiddlers. Yesterday our dreams came true.

I actually didn’t watch either of their games against Plymouth, and for me, that makes it a little sweeter.

But, to really top it off, I actually placed a small bet on Plymouth in the first leg, which failed. Though fear not, I kept the faith, managing to place a fairly weighty drunken bet at 7/4 in between losing signal on the train out of Southampton. I didn’t even realise the result until about ten o’clock last night when down at the pub.

A mighty sha-la-la was belted out into the night, with all my heart and soul.

Thank you for remaining the laughing stock of the south coast.

Thank you Plymouth, and well done.

Thank you Nutjobs, another cracking season ahead.

Thank you corporate ho, I dedicate this post to you, PMSL.

Thank you pompey for my money.

SHA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA, SHA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA, SHA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA. WHO THE F*CK IS LAUGHING NOW?

What on earth is that all about? I don't normally take too much notice of the few anymore - but Jesus, that Neil Allen sounds as though he is about to jump off the Itchen bridge....!

P.S. I do now understand what people mean when they highlight the word 'paragraphs' for this rag though.

Yes it is.

Also real are some of the readers' comments below.

"And I am sure that there are many who are jealous of how quickly they found their feet again after being in similar trouble as Pompey a few years back. Unfortunately there was no Marcus Lieberr for Pompey at the time they needed it."

It's not a case of unfortunate.

It's a case of nobody wanting to invest in a club which had no infrastructure, having decided to spunk all their money in one big blow-out (well done Harry).

No training ground, no academy, a tumbledown shed for a ground and a wage bill bigger than the GDP of a third world nation.

All of which would cause even the most philanthropic of sensible rich men to give it a big swerve.

No, I'm afraid misfortune does not come into it.

All those who cheered Sol Campbell, David James, Benjani, King Kanu, Tal Ben Haim can ponder and shed brave tears into their beer over those heroes who saddled a club run worse than a village fete tombola stall with an unsustainable, crippling debt.

A club and supporters who gave no thought to their future are now stuck in a present which doesn't bear thinking about.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})