Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Not just applauding them. They’ll be wearing their colours.

Half and half scarves. The thing they said they’d never have at their “proper” football club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to actually post the picture e1dfe1df5ca59d4047c2d470973dd83c.jpg

Forgot to actually post the picture e1dfe1df5ca59d4047c2d470973dd83c.jpg

In fairness there were half and half scarves outside the London stadium on Saturday so I don't think you can lay that at Pompey's door. They're everywhere.

In fairness there were half and half scarves outside the London stadium on Saturday so I don't think you can lay that at Pompey's door. They're everywhere.

Not according to the mighty pompey fans. Fans of such a proper football club who wouldn’t dream of buying this soft PL crap. But there we have it. One big game and they’re lapping it up.

Plucky was the verdict.

Of all grounds, this is the one Arsenal players fear.

Rightly so.

"Terrifying, beyond any atmosphere I've ever experienced, undoubtedly the most intimidating stadium there's ever been in world football", commented a random non-English speaking foreign player.

Sold out boards went up at noon, the whistle went, but the score was irrelevant.

Matchday was here, but it was a game only important to the opposition players and their bucket-list dreams.

Years have gone, this cup was only a massive trophy up until exactly 2010.

The league is the only cup now, it's best to be out of the old so-called FA Cup, and Jackett's heroes delivered in style.

How Arsenal fans wish they were in League One, and despite early season efforts, it was their dream that died at the fortress.

Plucky was the verdict.

Of all grounds, this is the one Arsenal players fear.

Rightly so.

"Terrifying, beyond any atmosphere I've ever experienced, undoubtedly the most intimidating stadium there's ever been in world football", commented a random non-English speaking foreign player.

Sold out boards went up at noon, the whistle went, but the score was irrelevant.

Matchday was here, but it was a game only important to the opposition players and their bucket-list dreams.

Years have gone, this cup was only a massive trophy up until exactly 2010.

The league is the only cup now, it's best to be out of the old so-called FA Cup, and Jackett's heroes delivered in style.

How Arsenal fans wish they were in League One, and despite early season efforts, it was their dream that died at the fortress.

Sometimes even you excel yourself. Brilliant.

Attendance of 16,633 - I assume the away end was empty? After all, the Bestest must have Packed The Park again, surely...

To be fair that was just home fans. 2206 aways in a total of 18839. Can't have them thinking we are understating their figures, they'll be using that as another lie from us for years to come.

Still pretty crap though I guess they can't squeeze many more into their tiny ****hole. No doubt they'd have sold 60000 tickets if they had a big enough ground :lol: (And taken a million to Wembley if they'd let them have anough tickets)

Pompey have been allocated 50,300 tickets compared to Salford who have only been given 3,000

Bit different from our allocation of 44,000 for the JPT with the organisers refusing to give us more.

However we took near to 56,000 apparently

Actually the most massivest club will set a new attendance record for the final of the competition they're boycotting.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-heading-eclipse-millwall-and-southampton-claim-another-wembley-attendance-record-2071445

That's a bit of a non story really; a few fans sing generic ambulance song, whilst the article photo show a few other fans clapping him off whilst he was on a stretcher.

Portsmouth officially eclipse Millwall and Southampton to set another Wembley attendance record after surpassing 50,000 ticket landmark

It’s official – Pompey have set the record to become the biggest single fanbase present for a domestic fixture at new Wembley as a neutral venue.

More than 50,000 tickets have now been snapped up for the Blues’ the Leasing.com Trophy final against Salford on Sunday, April 5.

After going on general sale on Friday, the Fratton faithful have eagerly continued to secure their seats.

And it means Pompey have eclipsed the previous record established by Millwall in May 2009 at the League One play-off final against S****horpe.

According to the Lions’ official website, 49,661 fans were present for Kenny Jackett’s side’s 3-2 defeat.

Other reports claim Southampton presently own the record, following their March 2010 clash with Carlisle in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final.

On that occasion, 44,000 Southampton seats were sold, although there were objections when further tickets were not made available.

It means the Blues are primed to sell their initial allocation of 50,300 and will ask for a bigger quota.

There’s unlikely to be anything stopping the FA giving the green light for more tickets to be given to boost the growing show of force at the national stadium.

Salford have taken a 3,000 allocation for the final and segregation will have to be considered, but that is not expected to provide an obstacle to Pompey boosting their number.

Pompey sold around 42,000 seats for last season’s Checkatrade Trophy final against Sunderland, which they claimed on penalties following a 2-2 draw after extra-time.

The Blues still also hold the record for new Wembley’s largest football crowd since its reopening 13 years ago.

There were 89,874 present when Harry Redknapp’s side beat Cardiff City 1-0 in the 2008 FA Cup final.

Portsmouth officially eclipse Millwall and Southampton to set another Wembley attendance record after surpassing 50,000 ticket landmark

It’s official – Pompey have set the record to become the biggest single fanbase present for a domestic fixture at new Wembley as a neutral venue.

More than 50,000 tickets have now been snapped up for the Blues’ the Leasing.com Trophy final against Salford on Sunday, April 5.

After going on general sale on Friday, the Fratton faithful have eagerly continued to secure their seats.

And it means Pompey have eclipsed the previous record established by Millwall in May 2009 at the League One play-off final against S****horpe.

According to the Lions’ official website, 49,661 fans were present for Kenny Jackett’s side’s 3-2 defeat.

Other reports claim Southampton presently own the record, following their March 2010 clash with Carlisle in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final.

On that occasion, 44,000 Southampton seats were sold, although there were objections when further tickets were not made available.

It means the Blues are primed to sell their initial allocation of 50,300 and will ask for a bigger quota.

There’s unlikely to be anything stopping the FA giving the green light for more tickets to be given to boost the growing show of force at the national stadium.

Salford have taken a 3,000 allocation for the final and segregation will have to be considered, but that is not expected to provide an obstacle to Pompey boosting their number.

Pompey sold around 42,000 seats for last season’s Checkatrade Trophy final against Sunderland, which they claimed on penalties following a 2-2 draw after extra-time.

The Blues still also hold the record for new Wembley’s largest football crowd since its reopening 13 years ago.

There were 89,874 present when Harry Redknapp’s side beat Cardiff City 1-0 in the 2008 FA Cup final.

Surely the bestest fans in the world can take more than the faaackin scummers? 54,000 to beat.

Surely the bestest fans in the world can take more than the faaackin scummers? 54,000 to beat.

And would have much higher if they'd given us access to the c.15,000 tickets that Carlisle couldn't flog

Their CEO trying to wriggle out of the need to refund season ticket holders if matches are played behind closed doors...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0867pxt

With 14k season ticket holders a refund bill will screw them for a lot of money.

100k a game, I think it also meant 30m to the local economy at one time. Perhaps the JPTtrophy will be cancelled

Poor Skates, think they will set a record...... Yet it'll end up behind closed doors/postponed.

I four nothing look forward to Pompey wining this trophy six times in a row. Be great if the pubs up there did get used to them turning up for the final of this cup every year......

I four nothing look forward to Pompey wining this trophy six times in a row. Be great if the pubs up there did get used to them turning up for the final of this cup every year......

one paint pot cup is one two many thankyou very much, are sole,

As well as the city businesses losing £13m today, the league situation is 'interesting'.

Early suggestions are that only the top two will go up if the season can't be completed.

With pompey two points short that would mean their haul of one point from the last two games has done enormous damage.

Add in the loss of vital matchday income and things look a little bleak with a very long summer of wagebills ahead.

I'm sure they've already forgotten all of those stupid points dropped against nine-man Coventry...etc.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})