Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Southsea Common is awash with caravans as travellers have moved on next to the D-Day event...

This will be an interesting test of Hampshire police powers - and whether they can be bothered to use them.

Having the FBI on side probably gives them the edge.

The FBI is for domestic affairs, not state trips to Portsea island.

Begging bowl out, tatty timber tabernacle is tatty

The club has an amazing relationship with Donna (Jones), Gerald (Vernon-Jackson) and Stephen (Morgan).

‘But they are constrained by what national government can do to help them to help us.

‘We are working closely with them to try to address those issues, but it's a big challenge

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-chief-executive-lays-bare-size-of-task-to-make-fratton-park-modern-football-stadium-1-8954795

May not be the best place to post but terribly sad news about Justin Edinburgh dying, Just 49.

Thanks, I hadn't seen the news and went and saw an article in The Guardian. He seemed to be doing things the right way; learning his managerial trade and working up the leagues. What a great shame.

Apparently can't play first home fixture because of ground works. Seeking permission from FA for a fixture change. Source :meridian news this evening.
Ground works, whats that then? a sewage treatment works being put in

Ladies loos? They were pretty grim when I last went there for a women's international.

Mind you, they were at The Dell, back in the day. it was pretty desperate if you were a beer drinker like me!

Edited by suewhistle
addtl info

Ground works, whats that then? a sewage treatment works being put in

They are spending the forthcoming Clarke transfer money on laying a `Premiership standard' pitch to play their League 1 games. With Man U and Liverpool entering teams into the Checkatrade Trophy next season they will want to impress.

They are spending the forthcoming Clarke transfer money on laying a `Premiership standard' pitch to play their League 1 games. With Man U and Liverpool entering teams into the Checkatrade Trophy next season they will want to impress.

Not much use if you've only got Championship-standard floodlights, so those are getting replaced as well. Factless says they're iconic

Not much use if you've only got Championship-standard floodlights, so those are getting replaced as well. Factless says they're iconic

Borrowing money again to make the 'improvements'. I expect it is all part of the plan to make themselves 'premiership ready' when they 'decide' it is the right time to go up.

Borrowing money again to make the 'improvements'. I expect it is all part of the plan to make themselves 'premiership ready' when they 'decide' it is the right time to go up.

now we have the training facility up to scratch, might as well get the rest of the club n order,:rolleyes:

I see the Championship fixtures are out today - when are we playing pompey?

I’ve been searching for those fixtures too, without any success. Having been reliable told last December that they were going to happen. It was only this evening I realised I had been looking for those fixtures in the wrong place, the Championship!! Then I realised that of course we aren’t in the Championship and neither are Pompey....

Surprised to see that their star and ever present CD Matt Clark has left for Brighton. I was told he was going to be one for the future, a premier league player.

I suppose you can see it form his point of view, he couldn't wait forever to achieve his ambition. Although it must have been hard to leave one of the 'bigger' clubs in the third division. I suppose the opportunity of Brighton, a much bigger club was to much.

I’ve been searching for those fixtures too, without any success. Having been reliable told last December that they were going to happen. It was only this evening I realised I had been looking for those fixtures in the wrong place, the Championship!! Then I realised that of course we aren’t in the Championship and neither are Pompey....

Do keep up, they had a change of plan on the last day of the champion winners play off game and decided they didn't want to go up this year. They have the checkatrade trophy to defend.

Surprised to see that their star and ever present CD Matt Clark has left for Brighton. I was told he was going to be one for the future, a premier league player.

I suppose you can see it form his point of view, he couldn't wait forever to achieve his ambition. Although it must have been hard to leave one of the 'bigger' clubs in the third division. I suppose the opportunity of Brighton, a much bigger club was to much.

big hole to fill. Their stand out player whenever I have seen them.

10 years, Jesus. I remember being online when the very first message was wrote and I’m probably one of the few to have read the original message before any replies!

Few ups and downs, but as usual, they’re ****ing miles away from us in every single department. Bless em.

10 years, Jesus. I remember being online when the very first message was wrote and I’m probably one of the few to have read the original message before any replies!

Few ups and downs, but as usual, they’re ****ing miles away from us in every single department. Bless em.

Ditto

As we approach this threads 10 year anniversary, are there any plans to celebrate? Maybe a quick recap of what has happened in the last decade or a list of the best posts?

The Sargent Pepper Muriel hasn’t been seen for a few years - that was a beauty. Other highlights;

- The Toy salesman’s storming off this site

- Rallyboy’s posts

- Three relegations and one promotion from the fourth division for them (third time of trying), double promotion for SFC, top 6 PL finish, beat Inter Milan, three Wembley trips. Mane, Davis, Toby, Lambert, Lallana, VVD, Shaw, Bertrand, Fonte just a selection of the players we have enjoyed watching.

- Seemingly as many administrations - Chinny, CSI Portsmouth

- Guy Whittington, Andy Awful, Richie Barker, Voldemort, Cook and his post training fry ups

- Fan ownership (if you ignore all of the HNWs)

- Hartley’s last minute header for Plymouth

- Winning a trophy they all said they would boycott

- Mr Leigh Park thug assaulting Sunderland’s full back to national notoriety

Quiet decade really....

The Sargent Pepper Muriel hasn’t been seen for a few years - that was a beauty. Other highlights;

- The Toy salesman’s storming off this site

- Rallyboy’s posts

- Three relegations and one promotion from the fourth division for them (third time of trying), double promotion for SFC, top 6 PL finish, beat Inter Milan, three Wembley trips. Mane, Davis, Toby, Lambert, Lallana, VVD, Shaw, Bertrand, Fonte just a selection of the players we have enjoyed watching.

- Seemingly as many administrations - Chinny, CSI Portsmouth

- Guy Whittington, Andy Awful, Richie Barker, Voldemort, Cook and his post training fry ups

- Fan ownership (if you ignore all of the HNWs)

- Hartley’s last minute header for Plymouth

- Winning a trophy they all said they would boycott

- Mr Leigh Park thug assaulting Sunderland’s full back to national notoriety

Quiet decade really....

Unbelievable that you missed out the ping pong table!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})