Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They are clearly well supported on their away tour

**THOSE OF A NERVOUS DISPOSITION SHOULD LOOK AWAY**

Cnvtt1ZWgAArWeh.jpg

Yeah he is a bellend and all and I don't like him. But now it seems he has decapitated R2D2 and now it m ****ing furious!

Just tried logging on to POL with no luck , for those with logins on there is it still down ? Or have I been caught !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an account there for best part of 7 or 8 years, and given the user name and password that I used, my allegiance would have been patently obvious. I probably visited the site 10 - 20 times in all of those years, never posted, trolled or copy and pasted any information from there.

It appears that I have recently been removed though - each to their own I guess - but very childish to just blanket ban people without explanation.

I had an account there for best part of 7 or 8 years, and given the user name and password that I used, my allegiance would have been patently obvious. I probably visited the site 10 - 20 times in all of those years, never posted, trolled or copy and pasted any information from there.

It appears that I have recently been removed though - each to their own I guess - but very childish to just blanket ban people without explanation.

Likewise. Mine has been removed.

Perhaps it was a sweep of non-active users as opposed to a Scummer hunt.

For some context regarding the size of club the Skates are failing to get promoted alongside for the past 3 years, here's Newport County's completely transparent end of year financial statement:

http://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/ncafc-end-of-year-financial-statement-3188632.aspx

The club, being run by a lottery winner, had £2m of losses in 3 years and owner investment debt of £1.7m, £300k of unsustainable debt as at 30 June 2015, comprising bank overdraft (£80k), arrears of tax (£30k), arrears to major creditors (£80k) and advance commercial income for 2015/16 banked before the year end (£100k).

The schedule below summarises the main cash flows in the twelve months to 30 June 2016.

£000s

Sources of funds

Transfer fee income 700

Trust fundraising 236

Total 936

Less: Uses of funds

Repayment of prior year debt, etc, as above (290)

Current year operating loss (estimated) (300)

Loan repayments (mainly former directors) (50)

Other movements (43)

Closing bank balance 253

Bear in mind the club got £700k from two player sales and raised £236k via Trust shareholder fundraising, which was literally all the money they had left - but they've got rid of the debt they were building up - rather than, say, just continuing to build up debt and then going into admin and writing a load of it off.

Then they got another windfall from Conor Washington's sell-on clause when he joined QPR too, which (thankfully) isn't listed until the end of the reporting period so the club isn't showing their hand in player negotiations, but it's only as a result of that they're able to compete for players with the likes of non-Leaguers Eastleigh and Forest Green, never mind other League Two sides.

I think Newport deserve a lot of credit for living within their very limited means and the transparency of the process. Compared to, say, some L2 clubs.

Likewise. Mine has been removed.

Perhaps it was a sweep of non-active users as opposed to a Scummer hunt.

I think they actually lost the whole forum, including all the old content, with everyone having to sign up again.

For some context regarding the size of club the Skates are failing to get promoted alongside for the past 3 years, here's Newport County's completely transparent end of year financial statement:

http://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/ncafc-end-of-year-financial-statement-3188632.aspx

The club, being run by a lottery winner, had £2m of losses in 3 years and owner investment debt of £1.7m, £300k of unsustainable debt as at 30 June 2015, comprising bank overdraft (£80k), arrears of tax (£30k), arrears to major creditors (£80k) and advance commercial income for 2015/16 banked before the year end (£100k).

The schedule below summarises the main cash flows in the twelve months to 30 June 2016.

£000s

Sources of funds

Transfer fee income 700

Trust fundraising 236

Total 936

Less: Uses of funds

Repayment of prior year debt, etc, as above (290)

Current year operating loss (estimated) (300)

Loan repayments (mainly former directors) (50)

Other movements (43)

Closing bank balance 253

Bear in mind the club got £700k from two player sales and raised £236k via Trust shareholder fundraising, which was literally all the money they had left - but they've got rid of the debt they were building up - rather than, say, just continuing to build up debt and then going into admin and writing a load of it off.

Then they got another windfall from Conor Washington's sell-on clause when he joined QPR too, which (thankfully) isn't listed until the end of the reporting period so the club isn't showing their hand in player negotiations, but it's only as a result of that they're able to compete for players with the likes of non-Leaguers Eastleigh and Forest Green, never mind other League Two sides.

I think Newport deserve a lot of credit for living within their very limited means and the transparency of the process. Compared to, say, some L2 clubs.

Are you trying to say that clubs like Newport and Southampton are more likely to remain solvent and trading due to their prudent financial management rather than certain clubs who spend like it's going out of fashion and think you can buy everything on the never never?

Are you trying to say that clubs like Newport and Southampton are more likely to remain solvent and trading due to their prudent financial management rather than certain clubs who spend like it's going out of fashion and think you can buy everything on the never never?

I think it works for Saints because they have a responsible wealthy owner who has the long term care of the club at heart, Newport have been through the "money" phase (on a different scale) and seen that it doesn't necessarily come with that long term stability. They are very much trying to do the best they can on a far smaller scale, but they are also much more susceptible to the whims of their far smaller fanbase and of football in general.

The Skates failing to do significantly better than clubs who will live and die on the fluke of a sell-on clause, yet also managing to waste a load of money which should give them the advantage, through their general incompetence, and also failing to be the "transparent" organisation they claim to be despite the previous owners' secrecy, is pretty much my point here.

I think they actually lost the whole forum, including all the old content, with everyone having to sign up again.

I still have all the old content. I can also tell who some of you are trying to register. As its only me doing the approving now your going to have to do better

I haven't kept up but anyone paying more attention, are they looking better or worse than last season?

Because they never looked like challenging last year despite spending more than anyone, and then lost a few players. Hopes of another hilarious season?

Really hoping they come to St Mary's in the league cup.

Now, now, they very much looked like challenging for the first two months.

I'm hoping they come to St Mary's in the EFL Trophy tbh, I'd much rather see our U23s beat them than our fringe first teamers.

I still have all the old content. I can also tell who some of you are trying to register. As its only me doing the approving now your going to have to do better

I've re-registered under my old user name of Chalet.

Bill knew it was me and was fine with it.

Do I understand correctly that you are posting on here about denying Saints fans the opportunity to post on your website ??

Irony or what :mcinnes:

Whilst it is obviously your decision, out of curiosity, why was the blanket scummer ban introduced?

Where saints fans being ****s on the site?

Horses for courses and all that but I don't think I've ever found another fans page which is so funny about letting other teams' supporters read the site (let alone post).

I haven't kept up but anyone paying more attention, are they looking better or worse than last season?

Because they never looked like challenging last year despite spending more than anyone, and then lost a few players. Hopes of another hilarious season?

Really hoping they come to St Mary's in the league cup.

They're in a far worse predicament than normal. Usually they top up their squad with half a dozen emergency loans from higher leagues after the season starts, and those loanees make up half of their first team.

They will have to hope that the rule change makes everybody else equally bad this season.

They're in a far worse predicament than normal. Usually they top up their squad with half a dozen emergency loans from higher leagues after the season starts, and those loanees make up half of their first team.

They will have to hope that the rule change makes everybody else equally bad this season.

Actually I think the lack of emergency loans will hugely work in their favour.

Most of the skint clubs in the division got players in on short-term deals when they needed them - to fill a hole from injury or to attempt to improve the team - and they would be much better off with only a short-term commitment compared to the cost involved of committing to a (half-) season long loan.

The clubs with more income should benefit because they will have more strength in depth (in theory) and can afford to cover the wages for a longer period. The smaller clubs will face the choice of cutting their squad right back or getting players in for half-seasons at a time, when the nature of the emergency loan meant they could experiment with hopeful short-term signings and then commit if they were beneficial - now everyone's stuck with what they've got for at least 6 months and there's no way of plugging unexpected gaps outside transfer windows (other than signing non-contract players from non-league, for instance).

On the bright side, the Skates' recruitment has been pretty bad, and the coaching skills required to do the best with what they have, which seems to be essential on limited budgets, seem to be somewhat limited with Cook.

I was talking to a friend who went and watched them against Salisbury and whilst they only drew he said they coud have torn Salaibury apart at any time. TCWTB was there openly smoking and the stewards did nothing. Apparently there was a 1200 crowd and Pompey took about 2/3rds of that. A good turn out as I recall Saints in the bad days only having a couple of hundred fans there.

I was talking to a friend who went and watched them against Salisbury and whilst they only drew he said they coud have torn Salaibury apart at any time. TCWTB was there openly smoking and the stewards did nothing. Apparently there was a 1200 crowd and Pompey took about 2/3rds of that. A good turn out as I recall Saints in the bad days only having a couple of hundred fans there.

Big game for the skates.

Do I understand correctly that you are posting on here about denying Saints fans the opportunity to post on your website ??

Irony or what :mcinnes:[/quote

Most of the board do not want you on there. Most of you just want to too take what's on there and add to this uber thread to take the **** anyway

So equally why do you lot want to go on a Pompey forum

Irony or what :mcinnes:

Most of the board do not want you on there. Most of you just want to too take what's on there and add to this uber thread to take the **** anyway

why are you here?

But we have no problem with you being here so that looks like an unequal playing field.

Full Time Pompey 3-3 Cherries

Massive win for the Skates at the packed Passiondrome.

Bloody Hell ... how did El Southcoastico pass the world's press by? Surely it was on Sky or BT with overseas coverage in 200 countries?

I trust they all had a communal hand holding scumming moment to show how much they both hate us.

I think you answered your own question you soppy khunt. Also FYI MOST of us on here couldn't give a damn about your Forum.

I wouldn't mind betting that at least 95% (probably more) of us on here have never posted on a skate forum.

You fragile little princesses like to dish it out but can't take it back. By all means ban anybody who takes things too far, but to ban anybody just on the basis of being a scummer

regardless of whether they have posted anything out of order is just plain pathetic ... pretty much like the club you support.

This is the main reason why I've still not got round to upgrading this - the fear of having to spend a week rolling everything back :scared:

We've bought a licence for Invision Power Boards, but it's so wildly different that I need to test the conversion script in anger, and then get the skin done properly.

So with the upgrade, I assume that everyone will finally be able to call the Skates shit, without it being censored out? :thumbup:

(Continuing to censor "those ****ing ****s", I can understand.)

Awwww, they don't want us to take the p*** so got to keep the scummers out. Bless.

On another note, one of my customers told me about this huge testimonial coming up. Apparently they'd sold 19k tickets for what is essentially a friendly. I was genuinely impressed.

Yep, that's right. Another Portsmyth. Attendance 5,153. 531 of which were Bournemouth fans.

Nothing too wrong with that tbh, probably lower than what they wanted. But why lie?

Awwww, they don't want us to take the p*** so got to keep the scummers out. Bless.

On another note, one of my customers told me about this huge testimonial coming up. Apparently they'd sold 19k tickets for what is essentially a friendly. I was genuinely impressed.

Yep, that's right. Another Portsmyth. Attendance 5,153. 531 of which were Bournemouth fans.

Nothing too wrong with that tbh, probably lower than what they wanted. But why lie?

And all the hype in the Snooze from Factless and co about how it is Alan McLoughlin's testimonial game. He might have made £5000 out of it.

I am having a Weston Super trying to get it back online

I might start the forum from scratch again, see if I can weed a few of you out. Especially you Hyperchondriac lol

Good luck son! You caught me once when I foolishly posted late at night whilst also posting on here. You haven't managed it since...

Maybe he got confused with the gate receipts of £19k

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})