Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

It sounds like some maintenance work is being done at the ground this summer, according to ticket news for their showpiece preseason game against Premier league opposition (Bournemouth) currently just the Fratton end open for home fans. Milton End for away. North and South stands closed for work being done. Does this mean they'll have the whole stadium open again this season?

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/201718/july/pompey-v-bournemouth-on-22-jul-17/#tickets

Most normal businesses would have the ground open for their first games, perhaps they discovered more issues that needed sorting?

This work is presumably part of the emergency upgrades that led to the takeover.

It was either that or the Property Developing Trust coughing up £1m a summer for five years, which would have involved getting the begging buckets out again.

Not any old buckets - the ones used by Moses to part the Red Sea.

Nicky boy you gotta av a loan to default it,

as for the stars n stripes takeover,All gone quite, it's looking like Alma John F chickin s**t is another tyre kicker,

Mack have you heard anything or are you reading between the lines ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eisner not completing ??? upgrades to Fratton the trust cant afford ? Look out for the guy with the same intials as Mickey Mouse coming to the rescue ......just saying

His bid seemed pretty elaborate... the radio silence since his powerpoint presentation at the guildhall is deafening.

Strange, it seemed like he was happy to cover the £5m emergency repairs etc al, along with the warchest.

I can't help but think old Balu still might have a strong hand at the table, IIRC he had some terms, fixed and floaters, soft debentures you may say, attached to the pst/pfc2012/13/14etc?

Another loop in the PTS roller-coaster!

His bid seemed pretty elaborate... the radio silence since his powerpoint presentation at the guildhall is deafening.

Strange, it seemed like he was happy to cover the £5m emergency repairs etc al, along with the warchest.

I can't help but think old Balu still might have a strong hand at the table, IIRC he had some terms, fixed and floaters, soft debentures you may say, attached to the pst/pfc2012/13/14etc?

Another loop in the PTS roller-coaster!

Imagine the hilarity if he came back into the picture.

Preventing the imminent collapse of the kipper shed

Unfortunately, while these works look great, they are not the real “big ticket” items. Everyone has seen earlier reports of potential costs of around £5m and that is the broad number we are working to. ‘However, having seen deep into the South stand this summer, I would now expect a few surprises to come out of the woodwork on further projects. It’s like doing up an old car or property, it’s not an exact science. ‘By the end of these current works, all the remaining escrow money will have been spent – and some more. ‘The additional money has come from the club’s contingency fund, which itself has been helped by increased cash flow from the promotion to League One.

Read more at: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/the-1m-project-breathing-new-life-into-pompey-s-home-1-8066097

Unfortunately, while these works look great, they are not the real “big ticket” items. Everyone has seen earlier reports of potential costs of around £5m and that is the broad number we are working to. ‘However, having seen deep into the South stand this summer, I would now expect a few surprises to come out of the woodwork on further projects. It’s like doing up an old car or property, it’s not an exact science. ‘By the end of these current works, all the remaining escrow money will have been spent – and some more. ‘The additional money has come from the club’s contingency fund, which itself has been helped by increased cash flow from the promotion to League One.

Read more at: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/the-1m-project-breathing-new-life-into-pompey-s-home-1-8066097

Over the past three or four seasons, the club have invested around £1.5-2m on what I would call soft infrastructure projects such as a new PA system, CCTV, toilet refurbishment and lounge re-decoration. ‘Unfortunately, while these works look great, they are not the real “big ticket” items. Everyone has seen earlier reports of potential costs of around £5m and that is the broad number we are working to. ‘However, having seen deep into the South stand this summer, I would now expect a few surprises to come out of the woodwork on further projects. It’s like doing up an old car or property, it’s not an exact science. ‘By the end of these current works, all the remaining escrow money will have been spent – and some more. ‘The additional money has come from the club’s contingency fund, which itself has been helped by increased cash flow from the promotion to League One. ‘However, the further programme of works must be completed and therefore that funding requirement is key to our sustainable business strategy.’

Over the past three or four seasons, the club have invested around £1.5-2m on what I would call soft infrastructure projects such as a new PA system, CCTV, toilet refurbishment and lounge re-decoration. ‘Unfortunately, while these works look great, they are not the real “big ticket” items. Everyone has seen earlier reports of potential costs of around £5m and that is the broad number we are working to. ‘However, having seen deep into the South stand this summer, I would now expect a few surprises to come out of the woodwork on further projects. It’s like doing up an old car or property, it’s not an exact science. ‘By the end of these current works, all the remaining escrow money will have been spent – and some more. ‘The additional money has come from the club’s contingency fund, which itself has been helped by increased cash flow from the promotion to League One. ‘However, the further programme of works must be completed and therefore that funding requirement is key to our sustainable business strategy.’

Over the past three or four seasons, the club have invested around £1.5-2m on what I would call soft infrastructure projects such as a new PA system, CCTV, toilet refurbishment and lounge re-decoration. ‘Unfortunately, while these works look great, they are not the real “big ticket” items. Everyone has seen earlier reports of potential costs of around £5m and that is the broad number we are working to. ‘However, having seen deep into the South stand this summer, I would now expect a few surprises to come out of the woodwork on further projects. It’s like doing up an old car or property, it’s not an exact science. ‘By the end of these current works, all the remaining escrow money will have been spent – and some more. ‘The additional money has come from the club’s contingency fund, which itself has been helped by increased cash flow from the promotion to League One. ‘However, the further programme of works must be completed and therefore that funding requirement is key to our sustainable business strategy.’ Read more at: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/the-1m-project-breathing-new-life-into-pompey-s-home-1-8066097

Over the past three or four seasons, the club have invested around £1.5-2m on what I would call soft infrastructure projects such as a new PA system, CCTV, toilet refurbishment and lounge re-decoration. ‘Unfortunately, while these works look great, they are not the real “big ticket” items. Everyone has seen earlier reports of potential costs of around £5m and that is the broad number we are working to. ‘However, having seen deep into the South stand this summer, I would now expect a few surprises to come out of the woodwork on further projects. It’s like doing up an old car or property, it’s not an exact science. ‘By the end of these current works, all the remaining escrow money will have been spent – and some more. ‘The additional money has come from the club’s contingency fund, which itself has been helped by increased cash flow from the promotion to League One. ‘However, the further programme of works must be completed and therefore that funding requirement is key to our sustainable business strategy.

Over the past three or four seasons, the club have invested around £1.5-2m on what I would call soft infrastructure projects such as a new PA system, CCTV, toilet refurbishment and lounge re-decoration. ‘Unfortunately, while these works look great, they are not the real “big ticket” items. Everyone has seen earlier reports of potential costs of around £5m and that is the broad number we are working to. ‘However, having seen deep into the South stand this summer, I would now expect a few surprises to come out of the woodwork on further projects. It’s like doing up an old car or property, it’s not an exact science. ‘By the end of these current works, all the remaining escrow money will have been spent – and some more. ‘The additional money has come from the club’s contingency fund, which itself has been helped by increased cash flow from the promotion to League One. ‘However, the further programme of works must be completed and therefore that funding requirement is key to our sustainable business strategy.’ Read more at: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/the-1m-project-breathing-new-life-into-pompey-s-home-1-8066097

I think what he was trying to say is that unfortunately, while these works look great, they are not the real “big ticket” items. Everyone has seen earlier reports of potential costs of around £5m and that is the broad number we are working to. ‘However, having seen deep into the South stand this summer, I would now expect a few surprises to come out of the woodwork on further projects. It’s like doing up an old car or property, it’s not an exact science. ‘By the end of these current works, all the remaining escrow money will have been spent – and some more. ‘The additional money has come from the club’s contingency fund, which itself has been helped by increased cash flow from the promotion to League One.

By the end of these current works, all the remaining escrow money will have been spent – and some more.

Pompey’s capacity currently registers at 18,931.

In the interests of avoiding further reduction, the club are co-operating with Portsmouth City Council’s building control and licensing officers.

Work required to maintain even the current capacity is considerable.

All as predicted on here.

I seem to recall earlier in the thread that someone mentioned that the club invested around £1.5-2m in the past three or four seasons on what I would call soft infrastructure projects such as a new PA system, CCTV, toilet refurbishment and lounge re-decoration - does anyone have a link?

I can't be bothered to look back through.

Has the take over happened yet?

Remember, Chinny and his boys were very shrewd negotiators, they could brush a QC off their shoulders with little effort.

Chinny had a few conditions attached, you may recall, which allowed the pst takeover of the wreck... these included payment clauses upon promotion to the champ and PL... unless Eisner is part of the Gadymack/Fahim/Faraj/Balu dynasty, he ain't going to be best pleased to find out about these fixed & floaters sloshing around.

It would be wise to recall Chinnys words from back in the day, as he was pretty dam clear,

I am secured, I will get my money back

Remember, Chinny and his boys were very shrewd negotiators, they could brush a QC off their shoulders with little effort.

Chinny had a few conditions attached, you may recall, which allowed the pst takeover of the wreck... these included payment clauses upon promotion to the champ and PL... unless Eisner is part of the Gadymack/Fahim/Faraj/Balu dynasty, he ain't going to be best pleased to find out about these fixed & floaters sloshing around.

It would be wise to recall Chinnys words from back in the day, as he was pretty dam clear, .

oh yes I forgot about that. If it is still in place that is a major hurdle as the money received in the Championship is pretty high let alone the PL. It may be a problem for them

What are the charges secured on? How do you ensure that future income streams are tapped into? More importantly will the trust have remembered?!

When Rupert Lowe was in charge Swindon were delighted and surprised by a cheque from us, unprompted, after Theo Walcott had a certain number of appearances (ISTR). That mind-set doesn't exist at Portsmouth.

It would be wise to recall Chinnys words from back in the day, as he was pretty dam clear, .

A very good point and well remembered. Perhaps those skeletons in the cupboard are waking up.

Would be funny as **** if it all went pear shaped because the pst sold their souls to the devil in the haste to be in control of the **** house![emoji23]

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})