Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

it's 4 with 10 awaiting tests. out of the cup gift from arsenic.or they were on a jolly at the GGs last week.

Hope they'll be ok. I note on other forums people are actually trying to make this into a rivalry thing, absolutely disgusting. They're just lads who want to play football. All the best to you too.

Hope they'll be ok. I note on other forums people are actually trying to make this into a rivalry thing, absolutely disgusting. They're just lads who want to play football. All the best to you too.

Quite. Despite my flippancy over the JPT, this thing transcends sport, rivalry...... anything so trite. Fingers crossed for all of the Portsmouth squad.

Has anybody at all in the world who's in their twenties and fit and healthy actually died from this thing?

Isn't the point that while that demographic might not die, they are spreading it.

Italy has however seen young people with no priors passing from this and we seem to be roughly 2 weeks behind them and tracking them almost identically just now

Isn't the point that while that demographic might not die, they are spreading it.

Italy has however seen young people with no priors passing from this and we seem to be roughly 2 weeks behind them and tracking them almost identically just now

Source?

• 3 weeks later...

Was there an actual break in the history of Portsmouth; to the point where the old club folded and a new club was established such that they genuinely shouldn't have any of their previous honours etc?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Was there an actual break in the history of Portsmouth; to the point where the old club folded and a new club was established such that they genuinely shouldn't have any of their previous honours etc?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

No-one knows what you mean guv, it's the same club it's always been innit.

good game on sky sports main event8o'clock tonight, the demolition derby, bet you feckers are up for that!!!:D

It was all four-nothing. Pompey are a long term tinpot lower league team (vast majority of the last 60 years!) and are currently in the 3rd tier! :mcinnes:

Bizarrely Pompey fans harp on about that 2004/05 game and the 11/12 game as if they got us relegated and stopped us winning the league. Neither of those things are true. Saints didn't win the 2012 league largely because they lost to Reading late in the season, the 2004/05 game didn't get Saints relegated, Saints were still in a position to potentially stay up on the last game of the season.

Ports-myths! :rolleyes:

It was all four-nothing. Pompey are a long term tinpot lower league team (vast majority of the last 60 years!) and are currently in the 3rd tier! :mcinnes:

Bizarrely Pompey fans harp on about that 2004/05 game and the 11/12 game as if they got us relegated and stopped us winning the league. Neither of those things are true. Saints didn't win the 2012 league largely because they lost to Reading late in the season, the 2004/05 game didn't get Saints relegated, Saints were still in a position to potentially stay up on the last game of the season.

Ports-myths! :rolleyes:

literally had this argument with one of the toothless on Twitter the other day, he was adamant they stopped us winning the league, even though we lost to Reading AND Boro shortly after, it’s crazy how twisted they get their portsmyths.

Saw a funny thing the other day too celebrating their birthday/inception in 1898, almost as if that club didn’t get liquidated and a new club was formed in 2012.

Just like Rangers, want to forego all their debts, liquidate, and keep the history

good game on sky sports main event8o'clock tonight, the demolition derby, bet you feckers are up for that!!!:D
I noticed that and couldn't see why it was to be replayed on Sky unless their editor is a Skate. It wasn't a thriller and totally onesided so for the neutral a nothing watch. Ok there is an element of giantkiller, the plucky underdog and all that but no relevance at all to most fans.

Uh oh. Not only will the loss in revenue cause a crisis for the club, but think of the billions it brings in for the local economy each game!!

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-facing-seven-figure-losses-season-face-crisis-2597911

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair , as the article points out, all football clubs are going to lose money and some ( it could be as much as 50% of all clubs outside the premier league) are in real danger of going bust.

When football eventually returns the football league could look very different.

Do we know how much they're overspending by at the moment? I was reading about the Sunderland documentary and there were some disparaging comments aimed their way re overspending relative to the current league.

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2019/march/statement-of-accounts/

Portsmouth Football Club have filed their accounts for the year ended June 30 2018 at Companies House for the first season back in League One.

Key points include:

- Overall loss for financial year of £1,368,000 (after depreciation, including Fratton Park)

- Operating EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortisation) loss of £565,000

- The year-end balance sheet showed a net asset position of £12.6m.

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2019/march/statement-of-accounts/

Portsmouth Football Club have filed their accounts for the year ended June 30 2018 at Companies House for the first season back in League One.

Key points include:

- Overall loss for financial year of £1,368,000 (after depreciation, including Fratton Park)

- Operating EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortisation) loss of £565,000

- The year-end balance sheet showed a net asset position of £12.6m.

So they're still not paying any tax ;)

Interesting thread here about why L1&2 won’t finish.

Also, play offs won’t happen. Even if they did and it was on points per game, pompey finish 7th so miss out. So pretty much guaranteed another year for them down there [emoji23]

I’m so jealous.

d2de41a4ce49e08cccbc5a566ac54df6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does seem that one point would have changed everything.

Unlucky. :rolleyes:

At least they've had the humiliating local derby 4-0 home disaster wiped, as I keep getting told by dentally-challenged simple folk.

Unless of course that competition had already completed, which would be doubly unlucky.....:scared:

So their plan is to end the season for most of the division because they can't guarantee players' safety, but set up some self-isolated masked-up mini-league, slightly extended beyond the current play-off system - a pioneering virus-friendly format change which coincidentally would be the only method by which pompey would still be in contention to go up?

It's understandable that when the European Championships and the Olympics have been postponed, League One must go on, whatever the risk to public health.

So their plan is to end the season for most of the division because they can't guarantee players' safety, but set up some self-isolated masked-up mini-league, slightly extended beyond the current play-off system - a pioneering virus-friendly format change which coincidentally would be the only method by which pompey would still be in contention to go up?

It's understandable that when the European Championships and the Olympics have been postponed, League One must go on, whatever the risk to public health.

You’re allowed close contact with members of your family, so no need to play behind closed doors at Fratton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, mack rill said:

what's happened to the 16 may to today posts???

I think it's all to do with the influence of the past couple of weeks and certain times in history being removed/forgotten.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})