Page 2230 of 2251 FirstFirst ... 12301730213021802220222822292230223122322240 ... LastLast
Results 111,451 to 111,500 of 112523

Thread: Pompey Takeover Saga

Hmm, wish I hadn't now..!

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Next season is shaping up to be their best ever since their formation in 2012
    They've also signed Louis Dennis on a free from Bromley. 13 goals in the National League for them this season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrant View Post
    They've also signed Louis Dennis on a free from Bromley. 13 goals in the National League for them this season.
    That's all well and good ....but does he have an Instagram Account with dodgy stuff on?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    They are obsessed with having a bigger ground than us, even though they have fewer fans.
    Don't worry, they won't be making the same mistakes with their stadium as some of the biggest clubs in Europe, and their due diligence takes in more than just how the other guys serve beer. It's all because everyone in football really loves them, so all the other clubs are happy to share their secrets.

True story

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    Don't worry, they won't be making the same mistakes with their stadium as some of the biggest clubs in Europe, and their due diligence takes in more than just how the other guys serve beer. It's all because everyone in football really loves them, so all the other clubs are happy to share their secrets.

True story
    This bit made me chortle
    “‘Even recognising they are creating a better competitor for themselves, they love what we have here. So they open the door and don’t just show you this is how we serve beer, but this is the system we have in place in our basement.

Read more at: https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...ners-1-8496038
    #deluded !

Man United need to think harder about the sort of competitor they might be creating before they next allow the Skates through the door.

Whens this due for completion?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EkonOkereke View Post
    Whens this due for completion?

Is that the Palazzo Parigi Hotel & Grand Spa Milano?

Is that the Palazzo Parigi Hotel & Grand Spa Milano?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsm...ckland_Stadium

"Portsmouth is moving into a new dawn with the backing of owner Alexandre Gaydamak and these are very exciting times for the club both on and off the field. The new stadium, along with plans for the club's new training ground at Titchfield, is proof of where we want Pompey to be - playing at the highest level and in a stadium that is reflective of a top Premiership side."

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EkonOkereke View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsm...ckland_Stadium

"Portsmouth is moving into a new dawn with the backing of owner Alexandre Gaydamak and these are very exciting times for the club both on and off the field. The new stadium, along with plans for the club's new training ground at Titchfield, is proof of where we want Pompey to be - playing at the highest level and in a stadium that is reflective of a top Premiership side."
    As you're very new to this forum, I'd suggest starting on page one of this thread and report back with any queries once you've got to the end.

He added: ‘It’s a testament to the management team and history of this club that everyone opens their doors to us.
    FFS. They just can't help it with the nauseating nonsense. I'm sure the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd really consider themselves privileged to be in the company of such elite

We need a smiley created for Eisner.

I'm sure someone can find something better, that's just one of the first things that came up.

The News website is AWFUL, I kept trying to see the comments and it just kept loading more articles to read, over and over again (although this one came up which is fairly amusing... https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/an...spot-1-8507868 )

Anyway, I did make it to the comments section, and surprise surprise, the deludedest are out in force

The atmosphere generated by the Pompey crowd will be transferred to the new ground just like it was transferred to places like Wembley, Old Trafford

To top it off a nice bright stadium will be visible to traffic coming in to Portsmouth from the motorway giving the whole area an affluent look.
    Hahahhaaa

Horsea Island - spend big, build a well designed 44k stadium that will be a leading venue on the south coast - attract more fans - more revenue etc - Think juventues stadium but with a kop end now thats very tempting.
    I have no words for how deluded this comment is. Sums up everything wrong with them.

Nothing can change the fact that there is not enough room to convert Fratton Park into a modern football stadium, incorporating all the thinks a modern stadium requires, corporate facilities, adequate car parking, retail, eating and drinking places, in other words a retail park. And last of all a 40,000 capacity.
    Lol not asking for much, Portsmouth is of course well known for having loads of greenfield and brownfield sites available...

Fratton Park will be very costly to improve to a suitable capacity (35000)
    There we go again, desperate for an unnecessary bigger stadium

One of Pompey FC's greatest assets is the stadium, old-fashioned and aging it may be, but when full, with the crowd in full voice, there are few more passionate or intimidating grounds for opposition teams to play in...ask AC Milan, or Man Utd or Arsenal
    Yeh...

Whilst I love watching football at Fratton Park, I also cannot see how the City could cope with gates in excess of 30,000 on a regular basis.
    Don't worry, I don't think that will ever be a problem for them...

13. Default

The gift that keeps giving

As you're very new to this forum, I'd suggest starting on page one of this thread and report back with any queries once you've got to the end.

Indeed, Trousers deals with all enquiries, he's happy to talk newcomers through the whole thread, one page at a time, explaining every reference and offering unique background analysis.

Rumour has it that Pompey Poly are offering degree courses on this thread.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    Rumour has it that Pompey Poly are offering degree courses on this thread.
    Nutjobology?

Blog Entries

Nutjobology?
    BA or BSc?

Could be either depending on the modules chosen with financial aspects or activities not adding up to consider.

A sociologist's dream resulting in papers such as:

"The football fan: a study in self-delusion" or

"Football tribes: Schadenfreude as a theme in social media".

Any more suggestions?

"How to be a journalist whilst being absolutely ****e at writing."

You wouldn't be talking about Factless Allen, would you?

I followed a link on a feed on my phone the other day, started reading without seeing the byline, thought "this is cr*p, it must be.." and on checking it was..

and that tw*t scum Billy wants this thread closed, even i'm getting a giggle out of it.

Pompey Online in meltdown mode, seems like two of their best players in Clarke and Pitman are being linked with bigger clubs (Reading and Rangers). Only rumours, but if those were to happen then the skates' anger would be directed at the Eisners. Would also suggest that there isn't much money to spend for them...

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    "How to be a journalist whilst being absolutely ****e at writing."
    He also has trouble with numbers:

"It is understood Curtis’ transfer fee is well in excess of six figures."

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...eria-1-8507458

I think he means £109,000.

Quote Originally Posted by suewhistle View Post
    He was misquoted. "well in excess of a six figure". I think he means £7

Or maybe just to quite a few decimal places...

I only came on the board to check on Hughes news, and oh gawd, I ventured on here..

28. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doctoroncall View Post
    BA or BSc?
    btec in mythology and the art of delusion

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    Lol. Good one.

Their owner has just Tweeted, bigging up Bale's goal as being good for south coast football.

Not sure he's read his audience there.

32. Default

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Their owner has just Tweeted, bigging up Bale's goal as being good for south coast football.

Not sure he's read his audience there.

33. Default

The gift that just keeps on giving......

I'm sure we'll send well-wishes when Jed Wallace gets his chance in the Champions League final.

36. Default

It's been there two hours already... can't believe he hasn't seen sense and deleted it yet

Garett

Where did they put that hero to villain swingometer

Quote Originally Posted by suewhistle View Post
    I think it was in Indonesian rupiah and was in fact 20,467.5 or £1.09 in GBP

40. Default

I don't see what the Pompey fans are upset about. It is factually true. Eisner obviously doesn't see rivalry as pathetic as some do. I don't mind the banter but the blind hatred, just because you were born 20 mies away is a nonsense

If (by some fluke) it had been JWP who had scored the winning CL goal or (more probably) Ox how would the Skates have reacted to a tweet like that? Born in Portsmouth but bred in Southampton.

Did I see some poor soul on there trying to gain some kudos by claiming that Bale is a P*mpey fan? 🤣

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=Q2L-bZiqckM

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by miserableoldgit View Post
    Video made by "Kevin Perjurer" - seriously???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    I don't see what the Pompey fans are upset about. It is factually true.
    That part right there, they just can't handle it.

At the end of the day, Pomepy fans of a certain age must realise that, "their sons will wear our shirts".

Simple as that.

Rolling Stones at St Mary's tonight...

Rolling granny and the Muppets houseband at Fratton Park...

Last edited by Matthew Le God; 29-05-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint86 View Post
    That part right there, they just can't handle it.

At the end of the day, Pomepy fans of a certain age must realise that, "their sons will wear our shirts".

Simple as that.
    When Pompey families have to make a choice between our academy and theirs, if they want what's best for their sons, they will choose ours all day long. We get the best of Hampshire, Pompey academy get what we don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    I don't see what the Pompey fans are upset about. It is factually true. Eisner obviously doesn't see rivalry as pathetic as some do. I don't mind the banter but the blind hatred, just because you were born 20 mies away is a nonsense
    It highlights how out of touch their owner is with the views of very likely a large % of their fanbase. If he isn't aware a tweet like that would go badly then what other daft decisions will he make...?

Cool

Is that design available in an adhesive sticker form?

https://twitter.com/MichaelEisner9

Own up, who's behind this account?