Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26773822

Brown, who helped lead a supporter consortium to save the club almost a year ago, also says they are now preparing for life outside of the Football League, should the worse happen.

"We'd be crazy if we did not prepare for that potential outcome," he said.

"So of course the management team here are doing work on what we would do in the Conference.

Edited by trousers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26773822

Brown, who helped lead a supporter consortium to save the club almost a year ago, also says they are now preparing for life outside of the Football League, should the worse happen.

"We'd be crazy if we did not prepare for that potential outcome," he said.

"So of course the management team here are doing work on what we would do in the Conference.

valley-fold-drawing.jpg

'"We felt Richie was the wrong manager, at the wrong place at the wrong time and did not fit in at Portsmouth," Brown told BBC Radio Solent. '

Oh how their hero's turned villain :lol:

I suppose that sounds better than saying "We made the wrong choice when we appointed Richie"? I think they have made a very brave decision ... I wonder if running their own club is as much fun as they thought it would be?

I would like to put on record that watching their suffering is causing me great distress and I feel for them; however I can't I am loving every minute of it.

Mark Catlin on the day Barker was appointed: "With the greatest of respect to Andy (Awford) I've felt like we've trod water for the last couple weeks really in terms of results"

Back to treading water it is then....

:barker:

:mcinnes:

This is a very funny day for the great PTS thread, although at the same time it is also very sad to see the great Barker accept his contractual compensation. (Mcinnes, 'oi Farmery, were gonna need some more pledges to pay off Richie')

@pn_neil_allen: Has been O'Hara enquiry but time ticking. Worth noting, max number of loanees in match-day squad is 5 - #Pompey have that incl Hollands.

They can simply loan out their loanees in order to get some more expensive ones in, its simple.

Need to show Awful some backing, not long to go now!

:barker:

If they went into administration (again) out side the football league, would the football creditors rule apply? Could all those pesky players payments be reduced to a manageable 1p in the £1?

Its worse for them in the Conference. All creditors must be repaid in full or its automatic relegation.

I was hoping that he'd be due some compensation... there would've something almost poetic about the fact that he, a manager who could well be significantly responsible for their ultimate relegation out of the Football League, would sit alongside players who won them the FA Cup thanks to their unsustainable wages, on the same list of footballing debts.

We certainly owe them all a debt of gratitude. :D

Wonder if he was in some sort of "probation period" - it's been, what, 3 months? Wonder if there was a review period drawn in? May explain the lack of Compo

Wonder if he was in some sort of "probation period" - it's been, what, 3 months? Wonder if there was a review period drawn in? May explain the lack of Compo

Who says there's been a lack of compo? Whether he'll actually see more than 4% of 4% of it is another matter......

Its worse for them in the Conference. All creditors must be repaid in full or its automatic relegation.

Ask Salisbury. It's the same in the Conference South too... I'm quite looking forward to them not being financially viable to play above Southern League level whilst simultaneously complaining they're too big to play that far down the pyramid... Which they were already spouting despite the Wimbledon parallels.

@pn_neil_allen: That's it, no more arrivals. Danny Hollands and the return of Ryan Bird. Was enquiry for Jamie O'Hara but couldn't be sorted. #Pompey

The bloke on the phone in Wolverhampton didn't even stop laughing before the 5pm deadline.

Come on Duncan, lets do that picture justice:

qli5.jpg

Where are the blue-shirted heroes/villains? They all seemed to have disappeared rather quickly

Among the two most enthusiastic celebrants there are Mick Mills - a victim of p****y's decision to abandon their youth system - and Fareham-born Steve Moran who never even featured on their radar.

David Armstrong looks happy as well. I remember Spike telling me that although he had played in Tees-Wear and Tees-Tyne derbies, this was the one he enjoyed winning the most.

@pn_neil_allen: That's it, no more arrivals. Danny Hollands and the return of Ryan Bird. Was enquiry for Jamie O'Hara but couldn't be sorted. #Pompey

Just off the phone from my Wolves mate. O'Hara said no & Wolves simply laughed at the offer which involved no loan fee and Wolves paying 80% of the wages. The quote I've been told is "phone is back then you if you want to make a serious offer".

Just off the phone from my Wolves mate. O'Hara said no & Wolves simply laughed at the offer which involved no loan fee and Wolves paying 80% of the wages. The quote I've been told is "phone is back then you if you want to make a serious offer".

The person on the phone must have misheard Pompey never pay 20% of anything it would have been 2% lol

f5hn.jpg

Step forward Lew Chatterley

grrr, my least favourite Saint of all time.

You've probably all see this before, but just to compliment the fantastic images FF has posted you migth want to take a look at the 39 images on here

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/archive/1984-FA-Cup-fourth-round-Portsmouth-0-1-Southampton-special-unseen-pictures-of-Alan-Biley-Steve-Williams-Steve-Moran-and-co-plus-original-Daily-Mirror-match-reports-and-features-from-our-archive-article320745.html

check out the Shilton joy.

Fair play to the skates, they did pack the park that day. What a joy it must have been when Moran scored and each every skate had their dreams crushed.

Edited by Chez

Come on Duncan, lets do that picture justice:

qli5.jpg

What a day 10k saints fans celebrating, you young ones who missed this day I am sorry for. Without a doubt the most memorable moments in my supporting life.Even better than 76.

Fairs fair, 4% of 4% of 20% of his wages would still have been more than they could afford :nod:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})