Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

In other news I happen to know someone at Jobsite. They have just renewed their sponsorship. When I asked whether they got a cracking deal because it would cost so much to unattach the stadium from their logo I was met with laughter but no denial.

There's a number of them suggesting that Nigel Adkins should replace Awford. He'd probably do a good job too. But I'm pretty sure Pompey couldn't afford Adkins and I'm also fairly sure that there will be a queue of Championship and L1 clubs who will approach him in the summer too.

Mate of mine is a Shrewsbury fan. He just text me this...

"Pfc fans were shocking. Thought they were meant to be amazing. Could hear a pin drop between their booing."

He's clearly mistaken though. Can only assume he was overwhelmed with excitement after winning a cup final.

So another season in the 4th division it is then :)

Anyway that's where they like it, so they tell us (none of this PL ****** for them, eh !) everything is 'real' down there !

Real rust in the stadium, real dogsh#t in the car park, real fat in the pipes and real delusion in the fan base !

Deep joy !

Deep joy :)

Could someone just remind me again of why we are all so jealous?

... everything is 'real' down there !

Real rust in the stadium, real dogsh#t in the car park, real fat in the pipes and real delusion in the fan base !

And there you have it, RB.

In other news:

And a burst of boos rang out at the final whistle from the Fratton faithful as they were clearly unhappy with the latest disappointing display.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-slump-to-shrews-defeat-1-6660813

Outstanding.

Edited by Waterside.saint

Fratton Park is falling down......

Quality article from the souths No1 journo..

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/light-relief-for-fratton-park-as-summer-upgrade-targeted-1-6659960

‘There is a leak and brown stains in the ceiling in the chairman’s lounge, by where the television is situated.

‘Some pieces of Fratton Park are consistently falling into Frogmore Road, like guttering from roofs.

‘If you go down the corridor in Chimes, when it rains there is water coming in, it is that bad.

There are areas of the North stand still not getting hot water, there are areas of our corporate lounges not getting hot water

Fratton Park is falling down......

Quality article from the souths No1 journo..

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/light-relief-for-fratton-park-as-summer-upgrade-targeted-1-6659960

Reading that is quite worrying in a way. They sound like they're just a matter of time away until something serious happens which could result in a huge bill or even worse result in injuries.

Increased capacity, that's the answer to everything!

Imagine being able to hear 28,000 people booing instead of 14,000.

Even by portsmythmatics that's still nearly three and a half times as many, and double the size of Old Trafford.

"Portsmythmatics is the most powerful computational force known to parascience... Portsmythmatics is a way of understanding the behavior of septic islanders. Just as Einstein observed that time was not an absolute, but depended on the observer's movement through space, so it was realized that facts are not absolute, but depend on being the Bestest."

(With apologies to the late great Douglas Adams)

I thought they only got the money if tesco's built their store. Or am I missing something here.

I don't think Tesco build stores - rather a developer builds the store and sells / rents it to Tesco. Given Tesco's rowing back from new stores, I wonder if the developer will have to try to do something else with the site. He won't give Pompey any dosh until he's done so, surely?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})