Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

No, no, no, no, no!

There is only one great atmosphere in world football and one set of fans passionate enough to ruin their own party!

Pele said it was the bestest ever when he played at Fatpipes in 1966 during Lord Nelson's famous World Cup dock strike commemoration match.

#fact

No, no, no, no, no!

There is only one great atmosphere in world football and one set of fans passionate enough to ruin their own party!

Pele said it was the bestest ever when he played at Fatpipes in 1966 during Lord Nelson's famous World Cup dock strike commemoration match.

#fact

Pompey wouldnt sell 52000 season tickets of they got the Olympic stadium....it would be 252,000.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/pompey-fan-s-fury-after-sky-snaffles-his-play-off-seat-1-7376067

Nasty Sky upsetting Pompey fans. Being in Division 4, they should count themselves fortunate that they don't have to put up with this too often...

That is a problem with an outdated derelict stadium that doesn't have the appropriate facilities for modern football. I do sympathise with the fellow, having to sit through 44 years of watching Pompey and then having his seat taken away.

You're surprised that an article in Pompey Pravda might contain fantasy rather than fact...? :)

Because he's a Pompey fan and therefore one of the bestest they must have taken the 10 years he's had his ST and worked out it out to be the equivalent of 43 years supporting anyone else.

Still, on the plus side, he can now sit and watch the match in comfort, at home on his tellybox and won't have to suffer the smell of rotting detritus and fat filled pipes.

Every cloud and that....

Do Sky still have a camera choice via the red button - if so, he could even choose to watch from the camera where his seat used to be safe in the knowledge that the stand won't fall on his head during the game...

This Jordan Cross fella has been working with Factless for far too long...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/place-in-pompey-annals-the-greatest-of-spoils-1-7377653

In the realms of League Two football, it has never been bigger.

Pompey v Plymouth. Paul Cook v Derek Adams. Naval port v naval port.

It’s the two heavyweights of the fourth tier slugging it out

The only shame is a packed Wembley will not host the meeting of the fourth-tier big hitters at the end of the month.

Now it comes down to this – one of football’s ultimate tests of nerve.

Holding theirs and kickstarting the journey back will ensure Cook’s men immortalise themselves in the club’s annals.

And a place in history is surely the greatest of spoils for the play-off victor.

giphy.gif

Chairman Iain McInnes joked this week the League Two trophy should have been on parade at Pompey’s end-of-season dinner on Monday.

:mcinnes: Edited by trousers

The two big hitters of the division?? :lol:

It's 5th v 6th in Division Four, not exactly Real Madrid-Barcelona is it!

Heavyweights! :o

Are we are all supposed to pretend that they didn't finish 21 points behind Northampton Town?

History being rewritten quicker than usual there.

I'll be curious to see if they pack the park for the biggest game in their short history, the only thing Paul Cook has packed so far this season is sandwiches.

The two big hitters of the division?? :lol:

It's 5th v 6th in Division Four, not exactly Real Madrid-Barcelona is it!

Heavyweights! :o

Are we are all supposed to pretend that they didn't finish 21 points behind Northampton Town?

History being rewritten quicker than usual there.

I'll be curious to see if they pack the park for the biggest game in their short history, the only thing Paul Cook has packed so far this season is sandwiches.

Makes me think of that Baddiel and Skinner sketch on FFL "Saint & Greavsie talk about the Endsleigh league as if it is important". LOL.

Pompey are believed to have been given special dispensation by the Football League to draft in Allsop to cover for a goalkeeping crisis.

Special dispensation again, eh? The cynic in me says it is somewhat convenient that they emergency loan a keeper to go straight into the first team.

Hopefully it leads to lots of cock-ups with an unfamiliar defence.

Pompey have just signed an emergency goalkeeper from Bournemouth and he starts!

Shame Tommy Forecast is no longer with us, I'm sure we could've offered him

yep, good to see the Cherries helping them out, makes me want to puke this bloody love in they have !

Paul Wotton giving them loads.

Good lad, we trained him well. Quite right as well, Cook was a right plonker there and rightly sent off. Their centre forward hasn't even sneezed on Doyle and he's claiming he's got a cut on his dead. Must have the pain threshold of an ant.

If Plymouth can keep 11 on the pitch, they'll win this as that keeper looks a liability.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})