Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They've already started. I've seen 'he was taken away in an ambulance', '40 or 50 where jumping on his head', 'he got absolutely battered' and so on.

In reality he probably took a wack or 2 (as expected and I'd hope we'd do the same) and walked out fine continuing to berate them as he was in a head lock by 3 stewards.

Watch it now multiply on POL - Six scummers got ironed out, jealous of their 1-1 thumping of Morecambe as they soared into the division 4 automatic places. Shame he probably didn't get to do it when Lee Molyneux - a very short term ex-Scummer from our darkest ever days - what was probably a fluke and undeserved equaliser.

From a work colleague who was there:

10 minutes into the second half he unzipped his coat to reveal the red & white stripes before running up and down the steps in the Fratton End swinging a scarf above his head. He got hit a few times before the stewards dragged him out.

From a work colleague who was there:

10 minutes into the second half he unzipped his coat to reveal the red & white stripes before running up and down the steps in the Fratton End swinging a scarf above his head. He got hit a few times before the stewards dragged him out.

Haha!

Must have been a bet surely? There's no way on earth you would willingly subject yourself to watching that garbage otherwise.

I hope he's alright - what with being on the wrong end of the fiercest beating this side of Fanny Craddock's egg whisk.

The Saint who sat in the home stands at Nottarf Krap while they played Morecambe, and waited until the 55th minute to publicly declare his love for all things Southampton FC. Punching & kicking enused, the marshalls rescued him and dragged him out. Apparently, with blood still dripping he continued to sing OWTS until he was outside.

Part of me thinks it's a bit like ringing 999 when there's no emergency, and you're just wasting everybody's time. The other part of me thinks he's a fecking legend!

And a smaller part of me knows this is probably a repost and has been discussed already on here, but I couldn't see it anywhere. It must be, it's all over social media!

Anyone care to own up? :lol:

So where are all their major trophies then?

That club hasn't even existed for ten years yet.

Keep up Jimmy.... It's only the bad stuff they've airbrushed and/or disowned from 'their' history. The trophies 'they' acquired through overspending/cheating/relying on world wars still count. Every nutjob should know that by now...

That twitter thread has bitter skates all over it dragging up everything they can find to prove that they are somehow better than us. Plenty of pics and references to 4-1 and trophies.

Doesn't take much to get them going does it

The Mirror reports it and concludes that the clear winner is Saints

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/shots-fired-portsmouth-southampton-engage-9954254

Am I missing something or is he wearing a red and white horizontal striped top?

It was a hooped Saints polo shirt with an SFC club badge on it. He was in the middle of the Fratton End when in the 2nd half he exploded, shouted, ‘There's only one team in Hampshire’ and started throwing punches and shouting abuse at everyone around him. This is the most objective account from a neutral who was directly in front of him:

ScottDFC 10:23 PM on 01/03/2017 This happened just behind me and he was taken past me on the gangway - it was a Southampton shirt, a rugby type one with the badge on. He was a complete thug and those that saying they can't condone violence may think differently if they were in the row when he was going off - he was a big fella who was swinging hard. Someone had to punch him not only in self defence but also to nullify him in order to get the stewards up to get rid of him. Alternative was to let him keep hitting fans. He was a thug, intent on trouble, don't blame fans who had to deal with very difficult and violent situation.

The Mirror reports it and concludes that the clear winner is Saints

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/shots-fired-portsmouth-southampton-engage-9954254

One of the comments on there...

Oh really. Then you must of missed Paul Mersons comments Tuesday. "The loudest crowd i ever played in frontof in all my 20 years." Or Ronaldinho's. "The best atmosphere in world football"Or Thierry Henri's ." I have never seen a crowd like that. Even at 5:0 down they just got louder". or Mourinho's. "I miss pompey. They have a fantastic crowd that create such a special atmosphere". None of the prompted , just being honest. Did you hear that ? Because they certainly heard us!

:mcinnes::mcinnes:

Sam grove‏ @SamThefridge82

we've heard it all before I'm afraid. Massive opportunity wasted this past week.#anotherseasoninleague2 #pompey

Thomas Hember‏ @ThomasHember

Embarrassing day to be #Pompey Ineptitude of the performance matched only by the so-called "support" from large sections of the crowd.

sam moody‏ @sammoody88

Load of ********. Cook out #Pompey

Brenda Hutchins‏ @Brenda_Hutchin

#pompey that was an awful game. Left early it was so bad! Haven't done that it a while

andrew johnston‏ @pompeyaj1

i'm not a happy clapper but did boo go home early and i did clap them at the end when they came out #pompey

Jake‏ @JakeG_58

Heard someone say "I'm certainly going to tell those players what I thought about that when I get on Twitter tonight" #Pompey

Marcus‏ @marcushumphreys

Never normally agree with booing but if there was one game it was warranted then it was that, beyond atrocious. #Pompey

MrFinlayW‏ @MrFinlayW

@ExpressFM #pompey Is cook signing players that were in form 3 years ago at chesterfield going to be our downfall?

Will Chitty‏ @w_chitty

#Pompey poor today but crowd created toxic atmosphere that inhibits players and make it worse. Boo boys stay away.

DVC‏ @CrouchyD

Cook telling the players to get off the pitch at the end - Love him or loathe him that was VERY disrespectful! #Pompey

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/pompey-named-south-west-wales-checkatrade-community-club-of-the-year-3598591.aspx

Another trophy they've won. And a trip out to the House of Commons too! I wonder if Penny will make an appearance...

Blues to collect regional prize at House of Commons

Without the generosity of so many, what we achieved would not have been possible"

Clare Martin

Pompey will be recognised in Parliament for their outstanding community work.

They have been named South West & Wales Checkatrade Community Club of the Year as part of the 2017 EFL Awards.

Following the excellent efforts of Pompey in the Community, the club will be joined alongside five other regional winners at the House of Commons on Monday, March 6 to receive their awards.

All the winners will then compete for the overall Checkatrade Community Club of the Year prize, which will be announced at the EFL Awards in April.

Blues chief executive Mark Catlin said: “This is fantastic recognition for the club and, in particular, the great work undertaken by Clare Martin and her team. It is an achievement that rightly should be celebrated.”

Pompey in the Community highlighted the potential benefits that can be gained when the club and the community come together through the success of their showcase project – a crowdfunding campaign which raised £100k to build a new hub facility.

Clare Martin, chief executive of Pompey in the Community, said: “We’re delighted to win the regional award in the midst of some tough competition.

“Our crowdfunding project played a big part in this recognition, so really it is an accolade we share with the local community. Without the generosity of so many, what we achieved would not have been possible.”

EFL chief executive Shaun Harvey added: “The announcement of the regional award winners provides a fitting tribute to the work that takes place to transform local communities through the power of football.

“All clubs, not just the winners, work tirelessly to connect with local supporters and I am delighted to see such innovative and effective ideas recognised in this way.”

The six regional winners were selected by an independent judging panel including The Times’ chief football writer, Henry Winter, football policy advisor at the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, Sam Haylen, director of CSR at The PFA, John Hudson, and Sport England’s strategic lead for relationships, Greg Clements.

EFL Trust director of operations Mike Evans praised the fantastic work completed by all six clubs via the work of their community trusts.

He said: “Without question this was the strongest year we have ever had in terms of quality of Community Club of the Year applications, giving the judging panel some really tough decisions.

“All of our club trusts should be rightly proud of their efforts and for the six selected clubs it’s a tremendous honour to be recognised by Parliament and to be showcased in the House of Commons.

“They are deserving winners and great ambassadors for the work of all EFL clubs in their communities across the country.”

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})